DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Loved Ones/Dave Hause

Go down 
+117
pleasepassthesoup
brunswick18
Shrewsbury_Stars
PPQ
musigny
kappanera
jessie__tje
rated_r_67
DiamondSinatra
bt211
moosicmaniac
HorribleCrowe
racecar
jonester
DeathoftheCool
Tusseto
Christophe
Steve70s
33RPMHero
sinkorswimmydear
saraM87
Commander Vimes
eagles1139
The Last Jukebox Romeo
HolyBreakOfDay
Hanswurst
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Grant Michael
matkins
SinkOrSwim.
B701
VanillaMintFusion
Hirti
Álvaro
ifieverstray
_rebekka_
bringiton_ty
brucesboots
SubconsciousRitual
Rizz
MikeSig
TheEmptyBones
moreblue
holdsteady82
Ghost
NYYFAN523
TGAforLIFE
StitchesOnTheRadio
redheadchick
LuceroDiehard
40 Miler
Camus
Jack
EveryLittleSecret
Casey
Sinngh
NeverTrustAJunkie
njguy99
Paula
kirstyt
Klown
bringiton
riversedge
ktp
Gaslight23
Down by the Mersey
steady now steady now
Jerseyrain
Hoot
Phil Rockabill
drifter69
verbos
Tiffany
enola
Daire
CluckyB
loazis
StopAndSlideToTheRight
rivercities
IAmDisappeared
fullcollapse
thecosmickid
Silver
plugga
Stalls_Standing
brianisbae
J_Schooly
Holland
jeffrey2
Jaywalk
Jeff
mescalero
GraveRobbers
Bea
ozfacter
ExitEnglish
JJW319
simo
thisisjah
Tobi
carryon820
J.B.R.
colmillionaire
ral
PFREEZY
hostutca
thomas94
andy.mac
lynchyeatspizza
Vibes
steph
koolmcr
JoshRaymond
Prisoner
rhg5010
TonyRockyHorror
Jukebox Romeo
121 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Empty
PostSubject: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:38 pm

One of my favorite bands. They're coming to Cleveland to play 2 shows with the Souls, and Brian mentioned that they'd probably be touring with them and Chris Wollard this fall when I talked to him last night.

Also, Dave Hause is releasing a solo album this year, thus confirming my theory that every punk singer is required to release at least one solo album in his career. He's got 2 songs up on his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/davehause
Back to top Go down
TonyRockyHorror
A Contender
A Contender
TonyRockyHorror

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:21 pm

definitely dig them. saw them twice last summer. Once opening for Hot Water Music, in Philly and once opening for The Hold Steady. great shows.
Back to top Go down
http://dclivetracks.com
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:20 pm

Dave Hause is a really good singer/songwriter. I first noticed him as the background singer in Paint It Black, just loved his screaming voice. He also used to hang around with Kid Dynamite and even was used in songs for his backing vocals. I didn't really like the Loved Ones stuff at first because he really didnt use his aggression as much, but after a whole summer without an ipod and having to buy a few random CDs, the Loved Ones and specifically Dave himself grew on me.

In case nobody knows, his solo song Rankers & Rotters originally came from his previous band, The Curse, but instead of Dave on lead vocal, it was a raspy Ben Wolfgang, who seemed to disappear after the band broke up. Dave was more of a backup vocalist, but he still wrote all the songs. The Loved Ones also used a song from The Curse, Benson & Hedges.

Also, Dave was in a band called Step Ahead. He didn't sing much, if at all, but if you listen to the lyrics, they sound like he could have had something to do with the songwriting. It's extremely hard to find information on this band, but I managed to get their full-length and a demo if anyone's interested.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:03 pm

I love the Loved Ones. I think they are very comparable to Gaslight. At least Sink or Swim era Gaslight.

Plus love the Springsteen reference in Jane: But I got a guitar and I don't know how to play
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:08 pm

you mean: "Well I got this guitar that I can barely play"

i never realized it, but yeah, i guess that could be a play on the Thunder Road line. they have been influenced by Bruce a lot, and even covered Johnny 99 on their latest EP. good find
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:19 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
you mean: "Well I got this guitar that I can barely play"

i never realized it, but yeah, i guess that could be a play on the Thunder Road line. they have been influenced by Bruce a lot, and even covered Johnny 99 on their latest EP. good find

Yeah that's what I meant Razz

Later in the song he sings: "Well I got this guitar and I learned how to play" followed by a two stringed rock and roll like solo.
Back to top Go down
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:42 am

I forgot to post about the Dave solo show. He played a few new songs, a slightly differently arranged version of Pretty Good Year, Please Be Here, and a cover of the Replacements' 'Can't Hardly Wait'. He gave a little speech about record store day and how Main Street Music turned him off of Metallica-like bands by giving him a free Replacements record back in the day. The story was not unlike Brian's Clash story.

I talked to Dave, told him about how with bands like the Loved Ones and the Curse I really didn't expect a great acoustic performance, but it really blew me away with his acoustic arrangements and new songs' lyrics and such. My friend later told me it sounded like I was criticizing him. Shit. Well Dave told me that he's in the middle of recording both the solo record and a new Loved Ones album. Score.

This doesn't really belong here but Good Old War played next, and it was incredible to see the crowd transform... no more tattoos or wild piercings... white afros, a green suit jacket with a matching hat, rustic-wear. Pretty funny. I started talking to the girls next to me. 'How do you know the band?' one responds 'We're they're girlfriends'. I'm thinking alright I guess my breath smells like beer, but that's a new turndown. It turns out they're actually engaged. I joked about it with the lead singer later. He was a pretty nice guy, but as for music I still can't get into anything but Coney Island.

Side note about record Main Street Music... if you're ever in the Manayunk part of Philly, check that place out and talk to the owners. They're good guys with good stories (about Dave) and they didn't make a big deal when they found out I wasn't quite old enough to legally enjoy the free beer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:29 pm

The Loved Ones...with the Souls...tonight...and tomorrow night...stoked

i'm prepared to drop at least $60 on merch tonight
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:31 am

damn lucky
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

show was sick. security were dicks though. The Loved Ones played a KYH heavy set, including Soul Asylum's "Somebody To Shove" and a new song called "Pray For Tucson" that was pretty good, a little different from their other stuff

The Souls played mostly old stuff, only one song from The Gold Record, only 2 each from Anchors Aweigh and their new 20th Anniversary Series. they played Sick Of It All's "Good Lookin' Out" and a slowed down version of The Misfits' "Hybrid Moments". Greg also played a new song that hasn't been released yet, called "Ghosts On the Boardwalk", a real slow, acoustic song that i really liked

and i went nuts during True Believers and got knocked over onto the stage, which was only about a foot and a half off the ground, and i was like fallen on top of this chick, feet off the ground, just screaming the words. had a great time, and ended up only dropping 42 bucks on merch

Last edited by Jukebox Romeo on Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:37 pm

i love how the souls play hybrid moments

was it just the souls and the loved ones?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:16 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
show was sick. security were dicks though. The Loved Ones played a KYP heavy set, including Soul Asylum's "Somebody To Shove" and a new song called "Pray(er) For Tucson" that was pretty good, a little different from their other stuff

The Souls played mostly old stuff, only one song from The Gold Record, only 2 each from Anchors Aweigh and their new 20th Anniversary Series. they played Sick Of It All's "Good Lookin' Out" and a slowed down version of The Misfits' "Hybrid Moments". Greg also played a new song that hasn't been released yet, called "Ghosts On the Boardwalk", a real slow, acoustic song that i really liked

and i went nuts during True Believers and got knocked over onto the stage, which was only about a foot and a half off the ground, and i was like fallen on top of this chick, feet off the ground, just screaming the words. had a great time, and ended up only dropping 42 bucks on merch

wow so that's a cover. Brian sings that song with Lanemeyer as well
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:01 pm

yeah and the original is a play on the old Jefferson Airplane song "Somebody To Love"

and the opening band was Black President...they weren't very good
Back to top Go down
koolmcr
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
koolmcr

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Love the Loved Ones. Next time they play home, I'll be around for that.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:43 pm

these guys never come to texas sadly
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:08 pm

guess ill have to give this band another spin...i bought one of their records cause it was cheap, listened to it once, and thought, "eh, yeah, it's alright."
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:28 pm

check out keep your heart
Back to top Go down
koolmcr
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
koolmcr

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:48 pm

the EP is awesome too. Best song of theirs has to be Massive, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:15 pm

great song, idk if it's their best though. ever heard the live version with the piano intro? incredible stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0IBNUazxHw

not the best quality, but you probly know the song well enough to enjoy it still
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:53 pm

I need some Loved Ones to start me out. All I have is The Loved Ones EP
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:42 pm

I'm not the biggest fan, but I reckon start with Keep Your Heart.
Here's a link, hopefully it works alright. It was the only one i could find.
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HBQXP970
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:35 am

The Loved One's are alright.

Keep Your Heart was/is awesome and so is their self-titled EP.

But, I don't really like their Distractions EP or Build and Burn.

So, earlier Loved Ones are releases are all good and their most recent releases are pretty average, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:02 pm

I have the Build and Burn Cd and I like the most of the songs. A few months ago I´ve read that Dave Hause and the Loved Ones will make a new record in 2009, but I haven´t heard anything new about it until yet.

Does somebody of you know or believe something new?

Maybe this could contain some information http://www.altpress.com/modules/dsp_mediaplayer.cfm?pathXML=xml_mp3.xml&track=61 I havent had time to listen to it, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:25 pm

The Loved Ones have a new album coming out soon. no word as to when, but it's supposed to come out this year. they played a new song in Cleveland called "Pray For Tucson". it was different from anything else they've recorded so far. it was pretty good

Dave Hause also has a solo record coming out sometime soon. he's played a few solo shows and has two songs up on his myspace: www.myspace.com/davehause
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Thank you for the information, wish I would have have listened to this new song. I´m optimistic the new album will be very good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Loved Ones/Dave Hause
Page 1 of 29Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next