DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Loved Ones/Dave Hause

Go down 
+117
pleasepassthesoup
brunswick18
Shrewsbury_Stars
PPQ
musigny
kappanera
jessie__tje
rated_r_67
DiamondSinatra
bt211
moosicmaniac
HorribleCrowe
racecar
jonester
DeathoftheCool
Tusseto
Christophe
Steve70s
33RPMHero
sinkorswimmydear
saraM87
Commander Vimes
eagles1139
The Last Jukebox Romeo
HolyBreakOfDay
Hanswurst
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Grant Michael
matkins
SinkOrSwim.
B701
VanillaMintFusion
Hirti
Álvaro
ifieverstray
_rebekka_
bringiton_ty
brucesboots
SubconsciousRitual
Rizz
MikeSig
TheEmptyBones
moreblue
holdsteady82
Ghost
NYYFAN523
TGAforLIFE
StitchesOnTheRadio
redheadchick
LuceroDiehard
40 Miler
Camus
Jack
EveryLittleSecret
Casey
Sinngh
NeverTrustAJunkie
njguy99
Paula
kirstyt
Klown
bringiton
riversedge
ktp
Gaslight23
Down by the Mersey
steady now steady now
Jerseyrain
Hoot
Phil Rockabill
drifter69
verbos
Tiffany
enola
Daire
CluckyB
loazis
StopAndSlideToTheRight
rivercities
IAmDisappeared
fullcollapse
thecosmickid
Silver
plugga
Stalls_Standing
brianisbae
J_Schooly
Holland
jeffrey2
Jaywalk
Jeff
mescalero
GraveRobbers
Bea
ozfacter
ExitEnglish
JJW319
simo
thisisjah
Tobi
carryon820
J.B.R.
colmillionaire
ral
PFREEZY
hostutca
thomas94
andy.mac
lynchyeatspizza
Vibes
steph
koolmcr
JoshRaymond
Prisoner
rhg5010
TonyRockyHorror
Jukebox Romeo
121 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:41 pm

US Tour Dates announced!

Jan 23 Asbury Park, NJ Asbury Lanes On sale Oct 11
Jan 24 Newburgh, NY Pub 151 On sale Oct 11
Jan 25 Cambridge, MA Middle East Upstairs On sale Oct 11
Jan 26 Burlington, VT Higher Ground Showcase Lounge On sale Oct 11
Feb 8 Pittsburgh, PA Smiling Moose On sale Oct 11
Feb 9 Cleveland, OH Beachland Tavern On sale Oct 11
Feb 11 Columbus, OH The Basement On sale Oct 11
Feb 12 Detroit, MI Magic Stick On sale Oct 11
Feb 13 Chicago, IL Schubas Tavern On sale Oct 11
Feb 14 Milwaukee, WI Shank Hall On sale Oct 11
Feb 15 St. Paul, MN Turf Club On sale Oct 11
Feb 25 Seattle, WA El Corazon Lounge On sale Oct 11
Feb 26 Portland, OR Hawthorne Lounge On sale Oct 11
Feb 28 San Francisco, CA Thee Parkside On sale Oct 11
Mar 2 San Diego, CA The Casbah On sale Oct 11
Mar 4 Phoenix, AZ Rhythm Room On sale Oct 11
Mar 5 Las Vegas, NV Beauty Bar On sale Oct 11
Mar 7 Salt Lake City, UT Burt's Tiki Lounge On sale Oct 11
Mar 8 Denver, CO Marquis Theatre On sale Oct 11
Mar 11 Dallas, TX Gas Monkey Bar N Grill On sale Oct 11
Mar 17 Houston, TX Fitzgerald's Downstairs On sale Oct 11
Mar 18 New Orleans, LA House of Blues Parish Room On sale Oct 11
Mar 19 Birmingham, AL Black Market On sale Oct 11
Mar 20 Nashville, TN The High Watt On sale Oct 11
Mar 21 Atlanta, GA The Masquerade - Purgatory On sale Oct 11
Mar 22 St. Petersburg, FL The Local 662 On sale Oct 11
Mar 23 Orlando, FL Will's Pub On sale Oct 11
Mar 25 Gainesville, FL The Atlantic On sale Oct 11
Mar 26 Jacksonville, FL Jack Rabbits On sale Oct 11
Mar 27 Charlotte, NC The Milestone On sale Oct 11
Mar 28 Charleston, SC Tin Roof On sale Oct 11
Mar 29 West Columbia, SC New Brookland Tavern On sale Oct 11
Mar 30 Chapel Hill, NC Local 506 On sale Oct 11
Apr 1 Norfolk, VA The Jewish Mother On sale Oct 11
Apr 2 Richmond, VA The Camel On sale Oct 11
Apr 3 Washington, DC DC9 On sale Oct 11
Apr 4 Brooklyn, NY Knitting Factory On sale Oct 11
Apr 6 Philadelphia, PA World Cafe Live On sale Oct 11
Back to top Go down
Tiffany
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Tiffany

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:41 pm

AWESOME!!cheers Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:22 pm

SOME ARE UP. GET THEM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:33 pm

I was able to put 5 tickets in my cart to stall it. Grab em while they are still there.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:05 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
I was able to put 5 tickets in my cart to stall it. Grab em while they are still there.
Haha there were only 5 tickets.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:10 pm

there were 15! People were sleeping.... still some left for the early one
Back to top Go down
ozfacter
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:59 pm

ive got 1, possibly 2 tix to the late show if anyone still needs them.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:54 pm

I am excited for the Cambridge, MA show in January. And the fact that is scheduled for a Saturday, is a bonus Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:15 am

On the one hand the new record is pretty awesome.

On the other, cant help but wonder how much awesomer some of these songs would sound on a Loved Ones record...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:23 am

colmillionaire wrote:
In total. Wasn't it 5 for the early, 10 for the late? eh whatever.

I just got back from the first show and it was totally worth the 4 hour drive! It was a very short show, he just played Devour from start to finish, but it was actually cool to hear it in order like that. Dave had a really old amp that kept failing on him to the point where it got kind of comical. At least 20 of the 50 people there were his family/friends. Uh, he played The Great Depression on a keyboard and I kick myself now for not filming it. Also while I love all the songs on the new album, Bricks really impressed me live. Like it stood out as being more powerful live than on the record. All in all it was a great show!
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 3:17 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:

I just got back from the first show and it was totally worth the 4 hour drive! It was a very short show, he just played Devour from start to finish, but it was actually cool to hear it in order like that. Dave had a really old amp that kept failing on him to the point where it got kind of comical. At least 20 of the 50 people there were his family/friends. Uh, he played The Great Depression on a keyboard and I kick myself now for not filming it. Also while I love all the songs on the new album, Bricks really impressed me live. Like it stood out as being more powerful live than on the record. All in all it was a great show!
Agreed! Glad to hear you got home alright. Very interesting night!
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 3:47 am

DiamondSinatra wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:

Agreed! Glad to hear you got home alright. Very interesting night!
Haha, yeah it was a long trip home full of construction delays and traffic accidents on the Cross Bronx. Evil or Very Mad still worth it Smile 

Here's the one video I took. It's of We Could Be Kings.

Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:39 am

That's awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing him at Vintage Vinyl tonight. I doubt he's gonna play the whole album, but still...
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:54 am

I was also at the early show. (Hey Shelby, it's Dan - I sat next to you and your friend)

The Great Depression was my favorite song of the night. It worked really well with the keyboard, despite Dave's warnings that it may not.

Biggest disappointment was Before. Dave was obviously distracted by his amp and it took away from some of the song's power. He sang the 2nd chorus twice so it lacked that HUGE ending. Oh well, I'll see him play it again sometime I'm sure.

Benediction was incredible as well. Dave's brother played guitar and his sister played keys.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Really looking forward to hearing some of the new stuff at Vintage Vinyl tonight.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:07 pm

moosicmaniac wrote:
I was also at the early show. (Hey Shelby, it's Dan - I sat next to you and your friend)

The Great Depression was my favorite song of the night.  It worked really well with the keyboard, despite Dave's warnings that it may not.

Biggest disappointment was Before.  Dave was obviously distracted by his amp and it took away from some of the song's power.  He sang the 2nd chorus twice so it lacked that HUGE ending.  Oh well, I'll see him play it again sometime I'm sure.

Benediction was incredible as well.  Dave's brother played guitar and his sister played keys.
Hi Dan wave 

I think in general the amp issues distracted him a good amount which is unfortunate. He still delivered a great performance and I respect him for playing through it and adapting, but the little bit of video I saw from the second show, told me that he was able to be more expressive and get more into it, probably because he wasn't distracted. Benediction WAS really cool.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 4:19 pm

I haven't read anyone's posts in full yet cus I'm in a hurry (I will later), but just wanted to say that last night might have been my favorite Dave performance ever. (I was at the 9:30 show) "Before" was absolutely amazing, and he ended up doing a few extras at the end of the night. He did "C'mon Kid", "Resolutions" and "Time Will Tell." There were some friends in the crowd and his brother sang with him. Such a great show. Photos/recap soon Smile

Here's some of "Before" from my show:

C'mon Kid with Tim (his brother):

Some of Resolutions (during the "Winter's long" part):

I stopped recording during C'Mon Kid to try to get a still photo, and when I was looking in my camera's display it looked like it was too dark to see anything when he went down the aisle, so I figured why record total darkness.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 5:46 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I haven't read anyone's posts in full yet cus I'm in a hurry (I will later), but just wanted to say that last night might have been my favorite Dave performance ever. (I was at the 9:30 show) "Before" was absolutely amazing, and he ended up doing a few extras at the end of the night. He did "C'mon Kid", "Resolutions" and "Time Will Tell." There were some friends in the crowd and his brother sang with him. Such a great show. Photos/recap soon Smile

Here's some of "Before" from my show:

C'mon Kid with Tim (his brother):

Some of Resolutions (during the "Winter's long" part):

I stopped recording during C'Mon Kid to try to get a still photo, and when I was looking in my camera's display it looked like it was too dark to see anything when he went down the aisle, so I figured why record total darkness.
"Before": ... WOW! ...just wow.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Vintage Vinyl was awesome. Dave was very loose, telling a lot of stories. A few of his friends from Asbury were in the audience, so he was cracking jokes with them about the recording of Resolutions (apparently it was in one of their houses).

He also revealed (Drumroll please) that Alex Levine is opening a Jimmy John's sandwich shop.

He played a lot of songs off the new album, a few off Resolutions, and then stuck around for a long time signing CDs and talking. I apologize to anyone else in the line for holding him up for a good ten minutes...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:15 am

njguy99 wrote:
Vintage Vinyl was awesome. Dave was very loose, telling a lot of stories. A few of his friends from Asbury were in the audience, so he was cracking jokes with them about the recording of Resolutions (apparently it was in one of their houses).

He also revealed (Drumroll please) that Alex Levine is opening a Jimmy John's sandwich shop.

He played a lot of songs off the new album, a few off Resolutions, and then stuck around for a long time signing CDs and talking. I apologize to anyone else in the line for holding him up for a good ten minutes...
Jeez a clothing line and now a sandwich shop? Levine is keeping busy! haha.

I'm always jealous of people who end up talking to Dave or Brian or whoever for like 10 minutes. I usually mess up forming a sentence and then run away because I'm afraid of making a fool of myself! If you can get a good 10 minutes then by all means take it! then again, I wasn't in line behind you...
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 2:01 am

Bit of The Great Depression I got:

Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Does he have a band for his tour or is it all solo? I saw him open for Gaslight last year and I thought he was great but I spent the whole set thinking how much better it would have been if he had a band with him
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 2:03 pm

silvergibs wrote:
Does he have a band for his tour or is it all solo? I saw him open for Gaslight last year and I thought he was great but I spent the whole set thinking how much better it would have been if he had a band with him
According to what he said on BBC Radio 1 recently, he's gonna do this leg without a band and then probably take a band out the next time around. I agree I have the same reaction but it is still worth seeing him solo.
Back to top Go down
jonester
A Contender
A Contender
jonester

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:27 am

Saw Dave tonight on Long Island . had a great time. Dave chatted a bit with fans. He and his guitar sounded great.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:47 am

After seeing these videos, I'm glad I did something else. Let me know when TLO comes back. Sorry to be cynical.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Loved Ones/Dave Hause
Page 24 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next