DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder

Go down 
+38
Andy_
SirBrad
DeathoftheCool
FrankieG
badradio81
bakerfall
TheContender
JimmyB
songs like a comfort
StitchesOnTheRadio
riversedge
sickgirl
Mr.Grieves
Jack
Klown
HorribleCrowe
LuceroDiehard
_rebekka_
ThisMachineKillsFascists
chickenman
Hirti
Gaslight23
Down by the Mersey
plugga
ilockyer
At the corner round 9
SouthJerseyTGA
lynchyeatspizza
Reinvent good times
Luca Chinaski
ral
andy.mac
Angry Johnny
steady now steady now
tdawg
Jukebox Romeo
steph
JoshRaymond
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:41 pm

_rebekka_ wrote:
Klown wrote:
_rebekka_ wrote:
Klown wrote:
plugga wrote:
it's okay I'll watch dEUS Razz

I've the first 4 gigs of the tour on their way to me in the next week or so on dvd Smile

Pearl Jam? Amsterdam???

Yes.

Oohhh!!! Can I preorder? Very Happy

Check your FB pm...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
sickgirl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sickgirl

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:07 am

ahhhhh Pearl Jam, love them! I've seen them 15 times and even have a Pearl Jam tattoo Smile

I wanted to recommend to anyone that is just now going to check them out, pick up some of their live stuff, there's tons to choose from, as they record the shows themselves and put out their own boots. Benaroya Hall is amazing, it's acoustic and they play one of my favorite songs "Fatal" Las Vegas 2000 (shit, it might be 2003 I'm thinking of) is awesome to, it's got "Crown of Thorns" and "Can't Help Falling in Love" Those are two of my favorite boots. Then there is Live at the Gorge, a 7 disk box set that everyone should listen to. I could go on and on
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:59 am

Almost certain to be selling my entire PJ collection within the forthcoming months, bootlegs (cd+dvd),posters, vinyl,cds etc. Will stick a list in here before I put it up on e-bay incase anyone wants anything from it.
Back to top Go down
sickgirl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sickgirl

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 6:47 am

[quote="Klown"]Almost certain to be selling my entire PJ collection within the forthcoming months, bootlegs (cd+dvd),posters, vinyl,cds etc. Will stick a list in here before I put it up on e-bay incase anyone wants anything from it.[/quot

let us know for sure. I lost most of my vinyl and my posters when I had to all of a sudden move, taking only a backpack. I got someone to send me a few things from my PJ collection, but the rest of it is gone for good.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:58 am

Gutted I missed the tickets for Ed Ved's solo show in Manchester Sad
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:55 am

sickgirl wrote:
ahhhhh Pearl Jam, love them! I've seen them 15 times and even have a Pearl Jam tattoo Smile

I wanted to recommend to anyone that is just now going to check them out, pick up some of their live stuff, there's tons to choose from, as they record the shows themselves and put out their own boots. Benaroya Hall is amazing, it's acoustic and they play one of my favorite songs "Fatal" Las Vegas 2000 (shit, it might be 2003 I'm thinking of) is awesome to, it's got "Crown of Thorns" and "Can't Help Falling in Love" Those are two of my favorite boots. Then there is Live at the Gorge, a 7 disk box set that everyone should listen to. I could go on and on

While not the typical PJ show, Benaroya is one of my favorite shows ever. It was an acoustic show in a beautiful symphony hall in Seattle with a capacity of ~2500 for those not familiar. I was fortunate enough to pull front row balcony tickets well after the initial on sale. Still remember that, the show and the shenanigans with friends while in Seattle like it was yesterday. There's also a great fan-made DVD that was put together by some friends.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 9:09 am

Make sure it's the Thin-Air edition Wink
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Epic fuckup is epic....mind you, they do have recent history of this..

Tonights gig poster...
Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Pearl_10
Back to top Go down
sickgirl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sickgirl

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:01 pm

ral wrote:
sickgirl wrote:

While not the typical PJ show, Benaroya is one of my favorite shows ever. It was an acoustic show in a beautiful symphony hall in Seattle with a capacity of ~2500 for those not familiar. I was fortunate enough to pull front row balcony tickets well after the initial on sale. Still remember that, the show and the shenanigans with friends while in Seattle like it was yesterday. There's also a great fan-made DVD that was put together by some friends.

You're right, not typical at all, but it's hard to beat all the awesome that's packed into it
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:05 pm

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:03 am

Can I just see them live already??? Gah.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:52 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Can I just see them live already??? Gah.

Haha, your location, and PJ's preference to that part of the world, would draw an interesting response from a lot of those crazies (fans)
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:34 am

They killed it at Werchter festival, Arras Main Square festival was even better (I was told by friends)
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:59 am

I heard Eddie was a drunken mess at Arras, particularly during 'Given To Fly' when he started falling over stuff and ended up singing the song on the floor.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:59 am

ok so I was in berlin yesterday, first of all why hasn t anyone punched eddie in the face for smoking? too much too much aaargh

now the concert, loved the setlist (except they didn t play release Sad ), loved that they played immortality, indifference and state of love and trust! the audience was really uhm.. polite? it was weird ahaha not bad but i was expecting more!

also I love eddie and all but seeing stone and mike was totally the highlight of the night, love them too much I love you
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:31 am

plugga wrote:
ok so I was in berlin yesterday, first of all why hasn t anyone punched eddie in the face for smoking? too much too much aaargh

The smoking is bad, and destroying his voice, but I'm surprised he still has a band around him for the amount of on-stage drinking he does. He has been hitting 3 bottles of wine quite a bit each night on stage this tour.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:19 am

Klown wrote:
plugga wrote:

The smoking is bad, and destroying his voice, but I'm surprised he still has a band around him for the amount of on-stage drinking he does. He has been hitting 3 bottles of wine quite a bit each night on stage this tour.

I haven't heard any of the recent recordings to see how it's affected the shows but I'm not surprised by the drinking. Although on recent tours, one of the on-stage bottles had been filled with gatorade to keep up the act. It seems like the 2005 Canadian tour was the last time EV was blitzed on a nightly basis and a lot of those shows turned out great. Of course, he could still sing most of songs without sounding like garbage then, so the drinking got a pass.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:31 am

His voice was very strained during parts of the recent Manchester gigs, it also appears 'Got Some' is now dropped down two keys, and he is still struggling. I can't remember if it was Manchester 1 or 2, where he was that blitzed, that he was splashing wine about the stage and falling over the place, but by the end of the night, he was on the ground. The recent Arras gig, had him falling over stuff just after Encore 1, infact, he did Given to Fly on the floor.

As per his voice, I think it is more and more becoming suitable to his solo stuff than band efforts.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:35 pm

his voice was really not bad and the alcohol is not the problem, matt berninger is flawless even when drunk, he just smokes too much Sad
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:55 am

About to leave for what I believe is their thousand show. Smile
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 9:33 am

ThisMachineKillsFascists wrote:

Nowhere near it Laughing People, including the band it seems, are getting that number from that annoying prick that was on PJ20, who hadn't a clue about what he was on about, I mean really...would you take any substance from a man who couldn't work out why they stopped playing 'Alive' after the summer of 2000 for a while?

The folks at Five Horizons worked out that this is something like show #898 tonight, and even with adding in TV appearances etc. it still doesn't come close to 1000.
Back to top Go down
songs like a comfort
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
songs like a comfort

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Saw them in Berlin and I loved it. Drinking, smoking, whatever... he´s a great singer and performer!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 3:07 pm

I would prefer if he sorted the smoking thing out, it's really starting to affect his voice.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Smoking always affects singers voices (Lenaord Cohen,Bob Dylan,) I just hope Brian realizes this and stops his habbit.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Klown wrote:
ThisMachineKillsFascists wrote:

Nowhere near it Laughing People, including the band it seems, are getting that number from that annoying prick that was on PJ20, who hadn't a clue about what he was on about, I mean really...would you take any substance from a man who couldn't work out why they stopped playing 'Alive' after the summer of 2000 for a while?

The folks at Five Horizons worked out that this is something like show #898 tonight, and even with adding in TV appearances etc. it still doesn't come close to 1000.

My buddy was helping TwoFeetThick try to sort out the discrepancies between their list (which originated at 5H) and the PJ.com list. I think the number they came up with was 878 (884 by the end of the year) and that didn't include things like TV appearances or anything where they played 3 songs or less. I could see there being a few missing shows in the early days but everything after 94 is pretty well documented. The official count will come down to what they decide is a "show". Either way, the appropriate people were in the loop, so I'm sure by now Ed knows it's not actually the 1000th.

I expect a huge deal to be made of it in 3-4 years for whatever they decide is the 1000th show. No way they'll miss a chance to market PJ1K.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder    Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next