DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eddie Vedder asked....

Go down 
+6
kieran
simo
Jack
JoshRaymond
ral
Clementine
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

Eddie Vedder asked.... Empty
PostSubject: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:27 pm

on twitter, "Eddie" asked, who should open for us on our Pearl Jam world tour 2011? Perhaps, if you're up to it, give him a tweet back and suggest GA.

Last edited by Clementine on Sun May 16, 2010 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Hate to break it to you but there's no way that's really Ed.
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:36 pm

I know it's not Mr Vedder himself...it says fanclub on it. But I know folks in his camp that read it...still worth a shot
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:34 pm

I agree if enough people suggest it there's no way he can ignore it
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:27 am

I'd rather Gaslight play more headlining shows, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:48 am

Yeah, this is just selfish on my part, but I wouldn't really want to go to a Pearl Jam show. But I understand the necessity of getting yourselves out there.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:51 am

Clementine wrote:
I know it's not Mr Vedder himself...it says fanclub on it. But I know folks in his camp that read it...still worth a shot

Assuming you're talking about @eddievedder, how do you know people in his camp read it?

Based on the posts, it looks like a fan that posts PJ related info/questions/misc including random Phish lyrics. While it says fanclub in the bio line, I'm inclined to think that means an unofficial collection of fans, not anything related to the Ten Club.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:29 am

simo wrote:
Yeah, this is just selfish on my part, but I wouldn't really want to go to a Pearl Jam show. But I understand the necessity of getting yourselves out there.

Also, I know Brian is a Pearl Jam fan and all, but is Pearl Jam even the right type of audience to expose Gaslight to? I understand Tom Petty, but Pearl Jam I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:07 am

Sorry no offence but bullshit. Gaslight should be exposing themselves to as many new audiences as possible and they already appeal to a wide range of people anyway. There is no such thing as right or wrong once you start to consider their appeal. You do realise Gaslight are opening for PJ over here in June?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:02 am

i would love to see Gaslight open up for Pearl Jam...two of my favorite bands on the same bill...i would basically jizz my pants.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:36 am

petty and gaslight is something i could get into.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:50 am

kieran wrote:
Sorry no offence but bullshit. Gaslight should be exposing themselves to as many new audiences as possible
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:25 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
i would love to see Gaslight open up for Pearl Jam...two of my favorite bands on the same bill...i would basically jizz my pants.

remind me what you look like again...so i remember not stand next to you at a show...
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:01 am

I personally don't like Pearl Jam, but would see them if TGA was opening. Also, this is kind of stupid because TGA is already opening for Pearl Jam.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:28 pm

I would love to see it as well. And I don't think it's a terrible match at all.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:02 pm

kieran wrote:
Sorry no offence but bullshit. Gaslight should be exposing themselves to as many new audiences as possible and they already appeal to a wide range of people anyway. There is no such thing as right or wrong once you start to consider their appeal. You do realise Gaslight are opening for PJ over here in June?

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that. I don't think Pearl Jam will be bigger than Gaslight for much longer anyway, but while it's still that way there's no reason they shouldn't open for PJ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:39 pm

steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

remind me what you look like again...so i remember not stand next to you at a show...

haha
Back to top Go down
gus stil

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:49 am

As a longtime Pearl Jam fan, I'll say straight up that GA is the only band in the last five years or so I've found that struck me the way the early PJ stuff (not Ten) did. Both bands share a sensibility, they both write incredible lyrics, and they're both going to be around for a long time, hopefully. Seeing them play together would be awesome. And for those who don't follow such things closely, bands in the last few years that have gone from PJ second acts to bigger things: Kings of Leon, My Morning Jacket, Black Keys, among others. Band of Horses is touring with them right now...I'd hazard a guess they're making new fans like crazy. Getting Gaslight on stage with them--and maybe a shared stage for State of Love and Trust, or '59 Sound, or both, would be simply awesome.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:21 am

gus stil wrote:
As a longtime Pearl Jam fan, I'll say straight up that GA is the only band in the last five years or so I've found that struck me the way the early PJ stuff (not Ten) did. Both bands share a sensibility, they both write incredible lyrics, and they're both going to be around for a long time, hopefully. Seeing them play together would be awesome. And for those who don't follow such things closely, bands in the last few years that have gone from PJ second acts to bigger things: Kings of Leon, My Morning Jacket, Black Keys, among others. Band of Horses is touring with them right now...I'd hazard a guess they're making new fans like crazy. Getting Gaslight on stage with them--and maybe a shared stage for State of Love and Trust, or '59 Sound, or both, would be simply awesome.

I have to agree...I'm a long time PJ fan...Just recently stopped paying my yearly membership fee to their fan club, but I can see the similiarities to TGA, in that they have staying power, and they do things their way, and the way the lead singers connect with the 'common' man...

And if you look at the discographies, PJ has a wide diversity of slower songs (Think-- Black, In my tree, Off He Goes, Indifference, Elderly Woman, Wishlist), and they have the rock your face off songs (Hail,Hail, Alive, Go, Spin Black Circle, Jeremy, Animal). I think you could say the same for TGA...Some real rockers, and some good slow it down ones....Love the comparison
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Vedder asked....   Eddie Vedder asked.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eddie Vedder asked....
Page 1 of 1