DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam influence

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam influence Empty
PostSubject: Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam influence   Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam influence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:20 am

Anyone remember on Cassettes in the mailbox blog, Brian saying that during the new writing he had been listening to a lot of Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters (particularly All my Life, although im sure Brian actually said the song One by One which doesnt exist). This was when they were supporting the foos in scandinavia i think.

To me, 45 has a lot of Pearl Jam's the fixer in it, might be the 'yeah, yeah, yeah' bit, although im yet to hear any possile influence from the Foos and All my Life in particulcar. Maybe on the new album?

Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam influence   Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam influence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 5:05 pm

Well, I've played 45 for a couple people since it was released and one said he thought it sounded like the Foo Fighters. So there ya go.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam influence   Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam influence Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:39 pm

PJ's influence is very apparent in many of Brian's tastes, thoughts, etc.
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam influence   Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam influence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Raoul_Duke wrote:
Anyone remember on Cassettes in the mailbox blog, Brian saying that during the new writing he had been listening to a lot of Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters (particularly All my Life, although im sure Brian actually said the song One by One which doesnt exist). This was when they were supporting the foos in scandinavia i think.

To me, 45 has a lot of Pearl Jam's the fixer in it, might be the 'yeah, yeah, yeah' bit, although im yet to hear any possile influence from the Foos and All my Life in particulcar. Maybe on the new album?

Totally agree. Also - did you catch the "Eddie head shake" Brian did durning the Letterman set? I love that he's a fan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam influence   Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam influence Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam influence
Page 1 of 1