DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon solo shows

Go down 
+63
Great Expectations..
TGA30
brucesboots
Down by the Mersey
prettyontheinsidex
jac185
bigbug
brunswick18
allamericandan1
NeverTrustAJunkie
steady now steady now
bootime
DeathoftheCool
GlennR
cmigs
TheWaxAndTheNeedle
Navesink Banks
BossTime
myoldmanshoes
riversedge
aaydmc2
thebends
SirBrad
brianisbae
pwm112
LuceroDiehard
turnitin2004
bt211
Jack
cms35
LizCollinsNY
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Jaws
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
kjakm
cdala
Yozzy
RobertODonnell
shredderrrrrr
eagles1139
ivienco
NotLikeWeBleed
MKULTRA
Smasha13
flannel
Debonair
Asmith1912
rumham
TLRRescue
BKO5950505
pleasepassthesoup
moosicmaniac
Shrewsbury_Stars
enola
Rizz
big blue
njguy99
macci
jensomniac
miked331
StitchesOnTheRadio
Zach_Edelman
LiveFastDieOld
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
LizCollinsNY
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:49 am

Agreed on the talkers, for the openers (went both night 1&2) I didn't know any songs except some of Jared's, but you should be respectful of the artists. Was stuck next to some real tools on night 1!

Forgive my forthcoming ramble, I'm on a total cloud nine right now and I feel this is the place to ramble! It was an amazing set list, love the beautiful poster I got, and was lucky enough to get an autograph of everyone (except Alex who is still the man anyway)! Brian didn't spend as much time as last night shaking hands but when he was almost out of the area I asked him please can I have an auto he signed one for both me and my friend. I said to him thank you and it was a great show. Now, I am sure many people on here have met him before and/or gotten autographs or pictures on multiple occasions, but I am totally excited! I got a picture with Ian last night and even got to chat a bit, and spoke with each of the other guys when I got their signatures. I've never met musicians before (been limited to sports figures) and I feel like I was a teenager meeting my heroes. I've never been to such a small, intimate show so I'm kind of blown away. Sorry to be silly as I know this is not necessarily uncommon, but I really appreciate the fact that they were all so nice and it made my night. Thank you for listening. Smile

Sorry I will miss night 3 but I hope all of you going have an amazing time!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:58 am

Agreed great show tonight.
It was especially cool hearing everyone singing the chorus on "Go Tell Everybody".

I'll mention the talking again though. During both openers, people were having loud conversations not far from the stage. If you want to talk go outside or over to the bar. It's disrespectful to the performers and the audience.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 9:20 am

njguy99 wrote:
It was especially cool hearing everyone singing the chorus on "Go Tell Everybody".

I'll mention the talking again though. During both openers, people were having loud conversations not far from the stage. If you want to talk go outside or over to the bar. It's disrespectful to the performers and the audience.

Not just the openers. To the 4 tools standing near the camera man that had a four way conversation throughout the entire show thanks for making it aggravating for everyone near you. And by everyone I mean half the venue. When multiple people yell at you its time to stop or move. Know where you are and what kind of show your at.

Especially loved it when one of you finally apologized and then wouldn't shut up about apologizing. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
BKO5950505
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BKO5950505

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:29 am

miked331 wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

Not just the openers. To the 4 tools standing near the camera man that had a four way conversation throughout the entire show thanks for making it aggravating for everyone near you. And by everyone I mean half the venue. When multiple people yell at you its time to stop or move. Know where you are and what kind of show your at.

Especially loved it when one of you finally apologized and then wouldn't shut up about apologizing. Thanks.

I thought my fiancee was going to shank one/all of them.

As stated, other than morons talking at full volume, Night 2 was great. Bring on Night 3!
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:27 am

So jealous of all of you...hoping he has plans to take this on the road at some time in the not-too-distant future...
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:25 pm

miked331 wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

I was about to lose it man, those assholes would not shut up. The one guy faced away from the stage the whole show and continuously just sang whatever words he wanted or whatever sounded right (right in my ear). When I asked him to chill, he must have apologized for a solid 5 minutes. Amazing show overall though.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 1:52 pm

NotLikeWeBleed wrote:
miked331 wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

I was about to lose it man, those assholes would not shut up. The one guy faced away from the stage the whole show and continuously just sang whatever words he wanted or whatever sounded right (right in my ear). When I asked him to chill, he must have apologized for a solid 5 minutes. Amazing show overall though.

People talking during shows is my biggest pet peeve. I'm lucky that I have a venue in town that prides itself on being "a listening room" where the owners not only make an announcement about leaving the main room if guests want to talk, but kicking out anyone who does talk during the set.
Back to top Go down
LizCollinsNY
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 1:57 pm

NotLikeWeBleed wrote:
miked331 wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

Let me guess, two guys, one kinda tall and one with slicked back hair, with a couple of petite girls? I saw them again last night and left a wide berth. Night 1 I was ready to just grab the guy and yell in his face to SHUT UP! He kept asking for State of Love and Trust and didn't know any words to anything. Brutal.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:03 pm

LizCollinsNY wrote:

Forgive my forthcoming ramble, I'm on a total cloud nine right now and I feel this is the place to ramble!  It was an amazing set list, love the beautiful poster I got, and was lucky enough to get an autograph of everyone (except Alex who is still the man anyway)!  Brian didn't spend as much time as last night shaking hands but when he was almost out of the area I asked him please can I have an auto he signed one for both me and my friend.  I said to him thank you and it was a great show.  Now, I am sure many people on here have met him before and/or gotten autographs or pictures on multiple occasions, but I am totally excited!  I got a picture with Ian last night and even got to chat a bit, and spoke with each of the other guys when I got their signatures.  I've never met musicians before (been limited to sports figures) and I feel like I was a teenager meeting my heroes.  I've never been to such a small, intimate show so I'm kind of blown away.  Sorry to be silly as I know this is not necessarily uncommon, but I really appreciate the fact that they were all so nice and it made my night.  Thank you for listening.  Smile  

Thank you for that. Ramble all you like, if it always turns out like that. And your not being silly; I think we've all gotten like that at one time or other. It's what Brian, his lot, and their music do to people. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:13 pm

NotLikeWeBleed wrote:
miked331 wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

Enraging
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Side note - Mary Ann was really cool acoustic!
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:01 pm

On top of the talking, how about when someone taller than you decides to stop RIGHT in front of you & makes that their spot for the night!? I'm tall & always try to make sure I'm not blocking anyone. scratch
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:03 pm

It was very cool to hear the Crowes stuff live (loved Ladykiller & Blood Loss) & I like the mix-in of some MATZ choice.....and MISERY!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:26 pm

macci wrote:
On top of the talking, how about when someone taller than you decides to stop RIGHT in front of you & makes that their spot for the night!? I'm tall & always try to make sure I'm not blocking anyone. scratch

Im tall too...but im not sure how im supposed to not block people and also be close to the stage if i'd like to. not sure what to do about that.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:03 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:
macci wrote:

Im tall too...but im not sure how im supposed to not block people and also be close to the stage if i'd like to.  not sure what to do about that.

Certainly no one can help their height, turnitin. However, there is a difference between getting there in time to earn your spot (and hence other people will fill in around a tall person(s) at their own volition) and a tall person moving into place 5 mins before go-time and blocking. Evil or Very Mad

Extra special shout out to the gal on her phone playing Candy Crush all night...(there is no emoji adequate enough).
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:37 pm

No I meant more when someone is already established in a spot & someone comes & stands directly (and I mean inches) in front of you. I didn't mean a tall person should squat all show lol.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:57 pm

If a tall person tries that with me, I either don't let it happen or ask them to trade with me, depending on the scenario. If you were already clearly standing there, you don't have to accept them being right in your face.

The people on stage filming are more disruptive than anything else. It's too bad they can't film from the back with a zoom-in...?
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 5:39 pm

macci wrote:
No I meant more when someone is already established in a spot & someone comes & stands directly (and I mean inches) in front of you. I didn't mean a tall person should squat all show lol.

Ahh alright yeah i agree with u. makes sense.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 6:17 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
If a tall person tries that with me, I either don't let it happen or ask them to trade with me, depending on the scenario. If you were already clearly standing there, you don't have to accept them being right in your face.

I don't accept it. But as has been noted at this venue specifically, the douchebaggery is in the stratosphere. Won't blather on in detail around night #1 but I lost the battle, which started with me asking, not telling, them to move. When you're sober, you can't win against drunk.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Last minute call from Crossroads that my waiting list request went through, so I'll be in attendance again tonight. Can't really ask for better than last night, but I'm sure tonight will be on point, too.
Back to top Go down
allamericandan1
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Last night was amazing. I thought the crowd was going to ruin it at first because many weren't paying attention at all to the two opening acts. But that set list was awesome - Elsie is my favorite album of Brian Fallon's and Red Lights and Smoke were really nice surprises! Thanks to this board I was able to go, so thanks DSS!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:40 pm

Noticed what looked like some kind of official professional filming in the youtube clips....any word on if there's gonna be some pro-shot footage coming out?
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 10:25 am

It's too bad the crowd really wasn't as into it last night. On night two, everyone was singing the choruses to Sugar and Go Tell Everybody. Not so much on Friday.

Plus I was standing in front of a group of jackasses who spent the entire time asking each other "When is he going to play some Gaslight songs?".

They were "disappointed," and called the night a ripoff, before stomping out.

Idiots.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 11:23 am

njguy99 wrote:
It's too bad the crowd really wasn't as into it last night. On night two, everyone was singing the choruses to Sugar and Go Tell Everybody. Not so much on Friday.

Plus I was standing in front of a group of jackasses who spent the entire time asking each other "When is he going to play some Gaslight songs?".

They were "disappointed," and called the night a ripoff, before stomping out.

Idiots.

Like I said earlier, to me thats understandable. If youre a hardcore fan you loved the last couple nights, but I can understand if someone was a gaslight anthem fan and came to hear him play some gaslight stuff that they might be disappointed. If they only know brian from gaslight and never heard elsie they were probably expecting gaslight stuff, and didnt hear a single song they know. i can understand them being disappointed a little.

like i said, ive seen them 20 times or so, so i thought it was an amazing show cause we almost never get a chance to hear that stuff, but if you didnt know THC existed you might be bummed a little.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 1:24 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:

Like I said earlier, to me thats understandable.  If youre a hardcore fan you loved the last couple nights, but I can understand if someone was a gaslight anthem fan and came to hear him play some gaslight stuff that they might be disappointed.  If they only know brian from gaslight and never heard elsie they were probably expecting gaslight stuff, and didnt hear a single song they know.  i can understand them being disappointed a little.

like i said, ive seen them 20 times or so, so i thought it was an amazing show cause we almost never get a chance to hear that stuff, but if you didnt know THC existed you might be bummed a little.

I understand being disappointed, truly. But the time to express that is quietly, AWAY from the stage. These guys were very loud, and doing it right as Brian was singing ("Smoke" at time, if I remember correctly).
Of course one of the guys also answered his phone and had a loud conversation a few songs earlier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon solo shows
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next