DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon solo shows

Go down 
+63
Great Expectations..
TGA30
brucesboots
Down by the Mersey
prettyontheinsidex
jac185
bigbug
brunswick18
allamericandan1
NeverTrustAJunkie
steady now steady now
bootime
DeathoftheCool
GlennR
cmigs
TheWaxAndTheNeedle
Navesink Banks
BossTime
myoldmanshoes
riversedge
aaydmc2
thebends
SirBrad
brianisbae
pwm112
LuceroDiehard
turnitin2004
bt211
Jack
cms35
LizCollinsNY
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Jaws
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
kjakm
cdala
Yozzy
RobertODonnell
shredderrrrrr
eagles1139
ivienco
NotLikeWeBleed
MKULTRA
Smasha13
flannel
Debonair
Asmith1912
rumham
TLRRescue
BKO5950505
pleasepassthesoup
moosicmaniac
Shrewsbury_Stars
enola
Rizz
big blue
njguy99
macci
jensomniac
miked331
StitchesOnTheRadio
Zach_Edelman
LiveFastDieOld
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:34 pm

oooh yeah
yo i didnt even know Gaslight at that point and a year later i was livin in Boston seeing shows at the Middle East! i love the guy who yells "cries like a baby!"
y'all
Tin Pan Alley is
one of my favorite songs
in this world
I'm gonna FREAK OUT
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:28 pm

I completely forgot about The Blues Mary!! Ugh and Tin Pan Alley.

I need to get my expectations in check because I'm getting way too excited for this show and that's a recipe for disaster.

Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 12:28 am

Would any of you awesome people be kind enough to provide me a rough list of non-TGA/HC/MATZ Brian Fallon material? I've stumbled across a few songs here and there on YouTube that weren't a part of one the aforementioned projects but I'm sure I've missed a lot.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 2:33 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Would any of you awesome people be kind enough to provide me a rough list of non-TGA/HC/MATZ Brian Fallon material? I've stumbled across a few songs here and there on YouTube that weren't a part of one the aforementioned projects but I'm sure I've missed a lot.

Here goes:

• "No Weather" and "Goodnight Irene" from the revival tour.
  • "The Blues Mary", "Tin Pan Alley", "Italian Lightning" and Backstreets (Bruce Springsteen cover) from his old Myspace.
  • "Cold, Cold, Ground" (Tom Waits cover).
  • "Antonia Jane" (Lightning Dust cover), from a radio station.
  • "Walk the Line" (Johnny Cash), from his guest appearance with Communication Redlight. This resulted in some other original songs that didn't leave much of an impression on me, but you may want to seek out.
  • Old bands of his: This Charming Man, Cincinnati Rail Tie, and him solo on the Coffeehouse Tapes. This is all extremely work-in-progress Brian, in my opinion. "Sweet Delta Blues" is probably my top song from this period. Also, an earlier version of 1930 called "She Coulda Raised the Titanic" might be of interest.

These and others can be found here: https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t2784-audio-rips-master-list-revised
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 10:53 am

flannel wrote:
oooh yeah
yo i didnt even know Gaslight at that point and a year later i was livin in Boston seeing shows at the Middle East! i love the guy who yells "cries like a baby!"
y'all
Tin Pan Alley is
one of my favorite songs
in this world
I'm gonna FREAK OUT

I only found out about them because of the Middle East. They were opening for the Loved Ones at the ME Upstairs and I was just like "hey, this opening band is pretty awesome! Oh. And they're from Jersey. Even better!"

But yeah, this show is shaping up to be pretty exciting.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 3:47 pm

Harry Lime wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

Here goes:

• "No Weather" and "Goodnight Irene" from the revival tour.
  • "The Blues Mary", "Tin Pan Alley", "Italian Lightning" and Backstreets (Bruce Springsteen cover) from his old Myspace.
  • "Cold, Cold, Ground" (Tom Waits cover).
  • "Antonia Jane" (Lightning Dust cover), from a radio station.
  • "Walk the Line" (Johnny Cash), from his guest appearance with Communication Redlight. This resulted in some other original songs that didn't leave much of an impression on me, but you may want to seek out.
  • Old bands of his: This Charming Man, Cincinnati Rail Tie, and him solo on the Coffeehouse Tapes. This is all extremely work-in-progress Brian, in my opinion. "Sweet Delta Blues" is probably my top song from this period. Also, an earlier version of 1930 called "She Coulda Raised the Titanic" might be of interest.

These and others can be found here: https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t2784-audio-rips-master-list-revised

Thank you for this! I especially appreciate the source of each song. I have heard some of these but certainly not most!

I can't help but laugh every time I listen to "She Coulda Raised the Titanic." Brian's voice sounds so different! IT has aged quite well.
Back to top Go down
Asmith1912
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Asmith1912

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Also not on the list is the song "Goodnight Irene" which is one of my favorites
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Why in the hell would you name them Horrible Crowe Mollies or Horrible Zombie Crowes?

Those suck.

It should be Horrible Zombies or Molly and The Horrible Crowes.
Back to top Go down
TLRRescue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TLRRescue

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 10:10 pm

I am just too stoked for these 2 shows! It will be my first BF only show! Maybe he'll add a 3rd since the 2nd sold out so fast!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thelastresortrescue.com
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 11:16 pm

Naw zombie crowes is where it's at
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 6:47 am

NEW SOLO DATE added for GERMANY

Dear German 45 RPM Fan Club Members,

Brian Fallon will be playing a short set at the Ramones Museum in Berlin at 1:00PM (13:00) next Thursday, October 30th.

45RPM Club Members are guaranteed admittance first!
Just email your name to: xxxx (please check your email)

Thanks!

45 RPM Club

EDIT:
There are now 2 shows! One at the Ramones museum (1pm) and one at the Dodo Beach Record Store (6pm). Apparently Brian and Alex R will play both shows.

Last edited by enola on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 6:56 am

Great news! Now if I only lived in Berlin... hah!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 7:33 am

cdala wrote:
Great news! Now if I only lived in Berlin... hah!

I may have just cancelled and rebooked my flight ;-)
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:54 pm

Awesome! The Ramones museum shows usually are recorded and put on YouTube (I've seen ones from Brian, Dave Hause and Chuck Ragan anyway). No way I can get to Berlin so I hope this is up there too. I'd love to hear some MATZ and acoustic versions of stuff from the new record (especially Have Mercy).
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 11:18 pm

And word on whether or not it's gonna be your typical acoustic solo show (ie, mostly gaslight songs and maybe 1 or 2 covers/solo tin pan alley type songs) or if it's gonna be like the ones he's planning in Jersey in December?
Back to top Go down
TLRRescue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TLRRescue

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 11:25 pm

Wow! Shelby! Just clicked on your attended shows! That's awesome! Now that I'm on DSS I'll be able to catch a lot more. There was so much I missed prior to finding this!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 11:55 pm

TLRRescue wrote:
Wow! Shelby! Just clicked on your attended shows! That's awesome! Now that I'm on DSS I'll be able to catch a lot more. There was so much I missed prior to finding this!

Haha, it's gotten a little out of control this past year but yeah, I had no clue about much of anything going on with Gaslight until I got on here. I had more money back in those days. jocolor
Back to top Go down
TLRRescue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TLRRescue

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 12:16 am

I have a feeling same thing is going to happen to me!! Oh well! Good times Smile
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 12:45 pm

I just wanna say that if he plays "Tin Pan Alley" in Europe and it doesn't get recorded... Shocked Mad Evil or Very Mad Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 6:43 pm

kjakm wrote:
Awesome! The Ramones museum shows usually are recorded and put on YouTube (I've seen ones from Brian, Dave Hause and Chuck Ragan anyway). No way I can get to Berlin so I hope this is up there too. I'd love to hear some MATZ and acoustic versions of stuff from the new record (especially Have Mercy).

IF he asks for requests again, you can be certain that I ask for Have Mercy and Smoke. And Misery though I doubt he'll play that one.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 5:29 am

enola wrote:
kjakm wrote:

IF he asks for requests again, you can be certain that I ask for Have Mercy and Smoke. And Misery though I doubt he'll play that one.

Please excuse me while I whine like a selfish infant, but...

If he plays Misery for you guys first (or instead of us), my friends and I are gonna lose it!  Evil or Very Mad . We've been actively begging him to play it for almost a year, starting with the first crossroads show.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 6:38 am

Maybe he doesn't want to play it at all. But I'd be happy for you guys if he plays it at these solo shows in December Smile

And these acoustic shows in Berlin will be awesome with or without Misery!

Last edited by enola on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 12:52 pm

What's the reasoning behind not wanting to play Misery?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 2:42 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
enola wrote:
kjakm wrote:

Please excuse me while I whine like a selfish infant, but...

If he plays Misery for you guys first (or instead of us), my friends and I are gonna lose it!  Evil or Very Mad . We've been actively begging him to play it for almost a year, starting with the first crossroads show.

Or face the wrath of the serious face!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Mike_Millburys_Shoe wrote:
What's the reasoning behind not wanting to play Misery?

I don't think there is one. We were just guessing and maybe he plays it at one of the upcoming shows. Who knows? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon solo shows
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next