DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon solo shows

Go down 
+63
Great Expectations..
TGA30
brucesboots
Down by the Mersey
prettyontheinsidex
jac185
bigbug
brunswick18
allamericandan1
NeverTrustAJunkie
steady now steady now
bootime
DeathoftheCool
GlennR
cmigs
TheWaxAndTheNeedle
Navesink Banks
BossTime
myoldmanshoes
riversedge
aaydmc2
thebends
SirBrad
brianisbae
pwm112
LuceroDiehard
turnitin2004
bt211
Jack
cms35
LizCollinsNY
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Jaws
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
kjakm
cdala
Yozzy
RobertODonnell
shredderrrrrr
eagles1139
ivienco
NotLikeWeBleed
MKULTRA
Smasha13
flannel
Debonair
Asmith1912
rumham
TLRRescue
BKO5950505
pleasepassthesoup
moosicmaniac
Shrewsbury_Stars
enola
Rizz
big blue
njguy99
macci
jensomniac
miked331
StitchesOnTheRadio
Zach_Edelman
LiveFastDieOld
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 3:27 am

Debonair wrote:
I'm going to be attempting to boot all 3 (audio) again. Just throwing that out there, would rather not have multiple people all trying to boot one show lol

As someone who really just couldn't afford to go to these, thank you.

The couple videos I saw on Instagram sounded great, also.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 3:52 am

Oh wow. I cant wait for thursday night.
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 10:44 am

Wow, awesome! I wonder if he's going to switch it up for tonight....?
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 10:49 am

What time did Brian take the stage?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 11:19 am

rumham wrote:
What time did Brian take the stage?

10:23
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 11:25 am

Holy shit! He played Blues Mary?? I hate to be that guy but does anyone have video of it? It's one of my favourite solo Brian songs but because it was never official in any way I didn't think he'd ever play it live. I hope he brings these solo shows to Ireland/UK someday.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Really excited for this tonight, and now even more than before! I came back to Jersey for the holidays a week early just to go to this and bought tickets for the whole family (yes, even my parents wanted to go!)

I saw Brian play The Blues Mary at the first solo show of his I went to and was blown away, but that was years ago. I never thought I'd get to hear it again live! Fingers crossed that he doesn't shake things up too much.
Back to top Go down
BossTime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BossTime

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:58 pm

It was a GORGEOUS version of The Blues, Mary. He really gave all of the songs a majestic feel with the touch of Alex and Ian's instruments.

I just had to post again after last nights show. I've been to quite a few of gaslights 'historic' shows (convention hall with Bruce, radio city, horrible Crowes) and last night ranks right up there for me. It was one of those incredibly special, intimate shows that reminds you about every little thing you love about Brian's songwriting. Hope everybody enjoys the next few nights as much as I did the first night.
Back to top Go down
Navesink Banks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Few questions, hope someone can help me out.

What were the set times last night?

Also, is their re-entry allowed?

Thanks in advance, I also have two extras for tonight's show if anyone here needs tickets.
Back to top Go down
TheWaxAndTheNeedle
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:14 pm

I have tickets for Friday, kind of wishing I had gotten tickets for last night. Razz I'd be more than happy to hear that set (really wanted to hear the THC stuff live), makes me wonder what is in store for the next two nights.
Back to top Go down
LizCollinsNY
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:44 pm

Navesink Banks wrote:
Few questions, hope someone can help me out.  

What were the set times last night?

Also, is their re-entry allowed?

Thanks in advance,  I also have two extras for tonight's show if anyone here needs tickets.

I think the show started at 8:45 or so, Brian went on about 10:20/10:30.  Don't remember when Jared started.  The show ended at midnight.

I was allowed to leave and re-enter.  I bought a poster and wanted to put it in my car so it didn't get bent.

I am going again tonight and was seriously considering Friday as well, but I think the holiday traffic + 5 or so hours of standing for what would be the third night in a row might just be too much to swing. But it was definitely a great show and I'm excited for tonight.
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Wow....that sounds like it was incredible.

I know Santa's watching, but I am sickeningly envious... santa
Back to top Go down
thebends
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: fallon   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:53 pm

I think it was:
1st act 820
2nd act 920
Brian 1020

they let me outside to get something to eat. And there was plenty of people outside hanging out.

Very good show. Only complaint would be. I wish the band would have stand. It was a bit difficult to see them sitting on chairs. The openers all stood and performed and I'm 6ft tall.

enjoy the shows those who are attending
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 2:15 pm

Youtube has the whole kit and kaboodle up. Parsed out by song (numbered).

And yes... The Blues, Mary is kind of transcending out of my computer right now.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 2:15 pm

TheWaxAndTheNeedle wrote:
makes me wonder what is in store for the next two nights.

I got the impression that all 3 shows are going to be largely the same with Elsie being played in full. I say this because Brian mentioned maybe tweaking only a couple of things for the other shows.

I will say that if we don't get Misery during any of these shows, I will be supremely bummed.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 3:10 pm

I will lose my shit if he plays Goodnight Irene again tonight. Wow.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 3:26 pm

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 4:37 pm

Wow! What an amazing show. When I got tickets I don't think I put any thought into what stuff he was going to play, but damn that was amazing. Crowd was excellent for most of it, except for the usual people talking loudly in the back during the quieter songs. I'm not really sure who those people are? I guess people who came just to see Gaslight stuff so want to be loud if they dont recognize what they are playing? I will say I do feel a little bad for someone who only know Brian from gaslight and them comes and doesnt recognize a single song he played. However most of the fans there probably are hardcores so it is very cool for us to get to hear the stuff he played yesterday. Also reasonably priced merch is awesome.

I do want to comment on the guy from the Scandals though quickly, even though I know this is a TGA forum. I like his music and lyrics, and dont want to rag on him at all, but what is with that fake singing voice? Thats not at all what he sounds like when he talks. Why does he put on that fake singing voice? I thought he sounded great when he was playing with T Gunn and was singing normally at some parts. I guess it just bothers me cause I know most of you really love him.

See you all again for night 2!
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 5:28 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:
except for the usual people talking loudly in the back during the quieter songs.  I'm not really sure who those people are?  I'm not really sure who those people are? I guess people who came just to see Gaslight stuff so want to be loud if they dont recognize what they are playing? I will say I do feel a little bad for someone who only know Brian from gaslight and them comes and doesnt recognize a single song he played

The answer is: unreedemable douchebags.  If wouldn't feel sorry for these people at all, even if Brian came out and played an entire set of Madonna cover songs.

If you can't go to a concert and listen to music without talking through the songs, you shouldn't go to concerts.

---

Sounds like a great show and I'm particularly glad for everyone there who didn't get to see either of the two Horrible Crowes shows back in 2011.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 6:48 pm

wow these arrangements are amazing. really impressive with Alex and Ian involved
Back to top Go down
myoldmanshoes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
myoldmanshoes

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:28 am

So now I feel like I need a Sleep number or something... Very Happy

Great show!!
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:32 am

What a great show! Unbelievable set, great sound, and Brian's banter was hilarious as always.

Also, if anybody made friends with a middle-aged lady at the bar... that was my mom.

Oh, and the setlist (not in order) was:

The entirety of Elsie
Red Lights
Smoke
Tin Pan Alley
The Blues, Mary
Misery
Goodnight Irene

edit: messed up before

Last edited by pleasepassthesoup on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:50 am

^^
plus Goodnight Irene.

Terrific show.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:59 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
^^
plus Goodnight Irene.

Terrific show.

Whoops. My bad. Not sure how I left that off. Edit time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon solo shows
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next