DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]

Go down 
+112
simo
BossTime
azlisa
biggs
TheDTYP
macci
DaisyLu
JukeboxJuliet
shredderrrrrr
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
PPQ
JenF
Bobul
katechampagne
onbackstreetsinbackseats
moreblue
gchestney
BKO5950505
23Punk
AndWithTheWindowDown
njguy99
Unorthadox1080
Shrewsbury_Stars
B701
loazis
HaveMercyMae
bringiton
ccr_2108
bt211
Jack
Labhras
Harbortown
HolyBreakOfDay
Steve70s
chigurh
TooMuchGaslight
jensomniac
PennStateRLZ
CapedAvenger
Anya_TGA
cdala
No Retreat
Chappers
dmckella1
Holland
kappanera
kristyn
Keele
lol_paul_ledoux
magnificentdreamer
ral
Boy From Little Eden
danny4690
nebraska
Kasia
JimmyB
jonnyz83
DeathoftheCool
MKULTRA
SouthJerseyTGA
Mountie
sinkorswimmydear
SirBrad
JacksSmirkingRevenge
borrowedcar
jzancan
HorribleCrowe
CasanovaBaby90
Hasler09
ivienco
rumham
pepperedham
The_M23
NotLikeWeBleed
mingus
bradleyjp
White Man In Hammersmith
The_River
33RPMHero
Christophe
Jaws
eagles1139
poormrpitiful
mja271
miked331
bringiton_ty
Jerseyrain
zerb012345
The Angry Johnny Revue
riversedge
StateOfMind
steady now steady now
Vanderlyle Geek
The Last Jukebox Romeo
bobbyjames
Prisoner
Hanswurst
crsmsi
StitchesOnTheRadio
colmillionaire
Yozzy
pleasepassthesoup
Thunder Peel
enola
Casey
TGAFAN25
NervousFeet
TGA30
bigbug
RobertODonnell
Debonair
Franco3088
116 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 8:32 am

Have Mercy is an iTunes exclusive bonus track, no?
Back to top Go down
chigurh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 8:46 am

After being aprehensive of what to expect after a lot of professional reviews and comments on here saying that the album tailed off after the first 3/4 tracks I'm pleasently surprised at how much I love this album. The only duds for me are rollin and tumblin and Ain't it a shame. Incredibly layered yet it doesn't sound overproduced or forced like the previous album. I completely disagree with the guy on the absolute punk podcast who would take off the last 2 tracks, as they are 2 of the best imo.

Agree with those saying Break your heart does sound incredibly like Tom Petty. Listened to the album before work and the song I had in my head all day was Won't back down'.

Have Mercy reminds me of You could be happy by Snow Patrol. Thw ay Brian delivers the line 'go and find a lover that's better than me' is a killer.
Back to top Go down
TooMuchGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TooMuchGaslight

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 8:47 am

mingus wrote:
Have Mercy is an iTunes exclusive bonus track, no?

Didn't know that, thankyou  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 9:21 am

TooMuchGaslight wrote:
I live in the Netherlands and my deluxe edition of Get Hurt came in today!! It is really awesome, with a lyric book included.

There is only one thing, Have mercy isn't on the track list at the back, Mama's boys and Halloween are the only bonus tracks on it.

'Sweet Morphine' is also a bonus track. Is it on there? The album proper closes with 'Dark Places'. 'Have Mercy' is indeed an iTunes bonus track only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 9:35 am

Does Infinite Merch send shipping emails?If they do I haven't gotten one so it looks like I won't be getting my vinyl until after the 12th.
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 9:36 am

After several listenings I LOVE this record. It has some of the greatest gaslight songs ever and every track has something that makes me want to hear it non stop. And it's a crime they didn't pick have mercy,I would have swapped it with ain't that a shame (nice song tough)
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 9:49 am

Holland wrote:
I think i am going to rank this as my second favourite Gaslight album (behind T59S), after listening with headphones and reading the lyrics i just think it is awesome. I like all the songs. I think it is pretty cohesive too and it gets better the more I listen to it.

I agree with the headphones shout - I remember doing that with American Slang it it took the whole album to a different level.

After a few listens I get the feeling Get Hurt has a real connection to the Horrible Crowes - especially seeing as, for me, Handwritten seemed to have little to do with the feel of the Elsie album.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:03 am

Without sounding too arrogant or know-it-all, I think to appreciate this record and like it you've got to have been a fan since at least T59S. Simply in the sense that you'll understand the progression more being such a long fan of the band. I think thats why some of the critical reviewers don't like it, because they haven't been a fan of the band and seen their progression.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:06 am

Get Hurt is now also available on spotify. Deluxe version except Sweet Morphine and Have Mercy.

http://t.co/1phtgOsxId
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:37 am

I actually think all the bonus songs besides Halloween are amazing. Halloween as a song is good but I have no idea what is going on with the recording, it sounds worse than all the other songs but it's not identical to the lo-fi 7 inch club version.

Sweet Morphine and Mama's Boys are awesome and Have Mercy is incredible.

Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:50 am

All in all I'm really impressed on how hard they worked on this one. They really didn't botched the job. Everything here is really refined. These guys must be some really hard working musicians. That's great, especially when in the music world today it is just about people writting one hit single, and then go away.

On a side note I'm glad the producer on this record hasn't tried to make them sound like some other band. I feel like Brendan O'Brien hasn't done such a good job on handwritten. On Get Hurt they really kept what defines the band but pushed it in some other way. They are still a rock'n'oll band, but they have expanded their sound a lot more. That's really great.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:12 am

Stray Paper sounds like it could belong on the Rocky IV soundtrack (that might not sound like a compliment, but trust me, it is. haha)
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:13 am

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
Stray Paper sounds like it could belong on the Rocky IV soundtrack (that might not sound like a compliment, but trust me, it is. haha)

Wasn't Brian used to boxing anyway? I'm pretty sure he'd appreciate hearing that in some way.  Clap 

Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 1:11 pm

I received the cd today, it was hard to wait and not listen to anything else until nom (except for Rollin n Tumbling).
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Can you post a picture of the back cover, I'm curious as to what it looks like
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 2:02 pm

HolyBreakOfDay wrote:
I received the cd today, it was hard to wait and not listen to anything else until nom (except for Rollin n Tumbling).
Why are you waiting..? You have the CD.
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 2:20 pm

this is good, alex R. is talking more
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 2:36 pm

Harbortown wrote:
HolyBreakOfDay wrote:

I wanted to wait until I had the cd, I prefer to listen music on my stereo, especially to discover new songs. But now that I have it I'm not gonna wait anymore.

Picture of the back:

Spoiler:

Two pictures of inside the booklet (is that the right word in english? Hope so.) :

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 3:23 pm

I just listened to it twice, I like some songs a lot, others will need more time I think. I'll write more about it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 5:00 pm

I actually think Mama's Boys should have closed the album as a kind of 'i divorced my wife but fuck it, theres no room for both of us here' track
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 5:10 pm

HolyBreakOfDay wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
HolyBreakOfDay wrote:

I wanted to wait until I had the cd, I prefer to listen music on my stereo, especially to discover new songs. But now that I have it I'm not gonna wait anymore.
Oh, sorry! Bad understanding on my part.

I'd listen to the stream 24/7 if not for the fact that I've decided to meet up with a friend, have a few beers and listen to the record front to back on tuesday. It's gonna be a long weekend.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 5:14 pm

riversedge wrote:
I actually think Mama's Boys should have closed the album as a kind of 'i divorced my wife but fuck it, theres no room for both of us here' track

I think the same, and the order of the songs is perfect except that. I love Halloween but it sounds strange at the end of this album.

Harbortown wrote:
HolyBreakOfDay wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
HolyBreakOfDay wrote:

Oh, sorry! Bad understanding on my part.

I'd listen to the stream 24/7 if not for the fact that I've decided to meet up with a friend, have a few beers and listen to the record front to back on tuesday. It's gonna be a long weekend.

I wish I had a friend who loves TGA to do the same!!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 5:48 pm

Yeah I'm pretty lucky, I've got at least 5-6 guys here who really love the band.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 6:14 pm

6 songs in and sounds proper good
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 6:24 pm

"Sweet Morphine" has one of the best choruses here IMO

"By now, you must have done better than me
I'm sure Jupiter and Orpheus have charmed you off your feet
Oh by now, I'm sure you've gotten over me
While you're kissing clouds and gods I'll be crawlin on my knees.
Sweet morphine..."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next