DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]

Go down 
+88
rem999
Casey
HorribleCrowe
henn
Álvaro
StateOfMind
mja271
TGAFAN25
mvw
simo
big blue
marcsnitz
Lukazi
jensomniac
angryjohnny27
borrowedcar
thomas94
Brother Beck
brianisbae
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
33RPMHero
Hasler09
vamike
infoghost
aelliott88
White Man In Hammersmith
jonnyz83
Steve70s
23Punk
bt211
moosicmaniac
Unorthadox1080
ivienco
RobertODonnell
Shrewsbury_Stars
Boy From Little Eden
cmigs
Thunder Peel
Forum Owner
DeathoftheCool
Christophe
Keele
Vanderlyle Geek
The_River
flannel
miked331
Jerseyrain
tigerstrom29
CasanovaBaby90
gaslightfan89
No Retreat
ral
osumarko
steady now steady now
Andy_
Vibes
pleasepassthesoup
HolyBreakOfDay
Debonair
rumham
Prisoner
pepperedham
jzancan
bradleyjp
Hanswurst
Jack
CapedAvenger
NervousFeet
TooMuchGaslight
StitchesOnTheRadio
kappanera
riversedge
Harbortown
eagles1139
nebraska
The Last Jukebox Romeo
SirBrad
colmillionaire
bringiton_ty
bootime
Jaws
cdala
Erik Drost
njguy99
poormrpitiful
zerb012345
Halcyon
bringiton
92 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Empty
PostSubject: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 7:02 am

So, 'Get Hurt', August 18th.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Halcyon

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:22 am

Yay, my birthday! This sounds very promising..

"noticeable influences folk, punk and Americana. The songs are at the same time more difficult, but also more intimate than anything the band has ever made" (from the Facebook group)
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:46 am

School server blocks anything music (but not this......)
Can someone please copy the statement or whatever you're getting this from?
Back to top Go down
poormrpitiful
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
poormrpitiful

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:48 am

The Gaslight Anthem, one of the most important American rock bands of the last decade, coming in factory culture 9 November in his first and only concert in Croatia and the region .
Brian Fallon, Alex Rosamilia, Alex Levine and Benny Horowitz formed as The Gaslight Anthem 2006th in the U.S. city of New Brunswick, New Jersey, and the next year released their debut "Sink Or Swim" that they provide excellent reviews of independent and mainstream media . The sound of the band from the beginning was leaning against the rich rock'n'roll and punk scene in New Jersey and Jersey Shore (not reality TV series, but space located on the Atlantic coast) with an obvious impact on Springsteen's handwriting Brian Fallon.
In the next seven years the group has released three studio albums, "The '59 Sound" (2008)., "American Slang" (2010.) And "Handwritten" (2012.) And has appeared on most of the huge festivals like Coachella, Lollapalooza , Glastonbury, Pinkpop, Southside, Hurricane, Rock Am Ring, Reading, Leeds and many others.
In mid 2013th band began work on the highly anticipated new album called "Get Hurt" which will be released on August 18. The material was recorded at the legendary Blackbird Studios in Nashville with Mike Crosseyem (The 1975, Arctic Monkeys, Jake Bugg) as producer. "Get Hurt", according to the announcement, pushing raw rock'n'roll Gaslight deeper into new and uncharted territory with noticeable influences folk, punk and Americana. The songs are at the same time more difficult, but also more intimate than anything the band has ever made.
Performance in Culture Factory November 9 is part of the big European tour which starts October 29 in Germany. the list is now 18 concerts , and Zagreb's performance is the only one in Croatia and the region. Closest Zagreb Gaslight played in Vienna.
Tickets are already on sale at a price of £ 150. This price is valid until July 10 11 July to 8 November price is £ 170, while on the day of the concert ticket for the need to set aside £ 190.

from here: http://www.24sata.hr/show/the-gaslight-anthem-sviraju-u-tvornici-kulture-9-studenog-371607
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:49 am

Cheers!
And boy, I was way off...but I'm not gonna complain, August is better than September!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:48 am

August... odd time for a release. But I can't wait for this album.

Also -
http://www.thegaslightanthem.com/ has the details

Last edited by njguy99 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Erik Drost
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Erik Drost

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:48 am

Tracklist Get Hurt:

1 Stay Vicious  
2 1,000 Years  
3 Get Hurt  
4 Stray Paper  
5 Helter Skeleton  
6 Underneath The Ground  
7 Rollin' And Tumblin'  
8 Red Violins  
9 Selected Poems  
10 Ain't That A Shame  
11 Break Your Heart  
12 Dark Places

+ Bonus tracks on deluxe versions:

1 Sweet Morphine  
2 Mama's Boys  
3 Halloween

(source:https://store.universalmusic.com/thegaslightanthem/*/Music/Get-Hurt-EXCLUSIVE-Double-Gatefold-Vinyl/3DBH040T000)
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:52 am

Weird cover, very unexpected. Which i guess they told us to expect haha!
Still, 52€ for the double vinyl? Looks great, I'll give them that, but I might have to pass for now
I really like the song snippet though, so my hopes are up.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:53 am

First thoughts...

Cover, hmmmmmmm.
Pricing on the UK vinyl, hmmmmmmmm.

Apart from that, cool.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:55 am

Really grunge-y sounding song. Track list looks good. I like the simplicity of the cover. And Halloween as a bonus track is better than nothing.

Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:59 am

Halloween bonus track, wooooo!
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:00 pm

Really intrigues by that snippet of a track. Sounds great I thought and very different! Pricey for the bundle so I'm not too sure on getting that yet. Quite liked the cover, definitely not what I was expecting
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:01 pm

njguy99 - The '59 Sound came out in August, nothing weird about that (I got the leak as soon as it happened, but then proceeded to buy the album 7 times)

I'm not thrilled with the sound I'm hearing from the teaser, still somewhat excited nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:04 pm

as far as the cover, it will definitely catch eyes in stores and screams "different than the old stuff" which I guess is good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:15 pm

From the looks of things it seems that, at least from the song titles, it's going to be a lot more adventurous and artistic than Handwritten. Which of course is not a bad thing  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:23 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Any release date yet?
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:25 pm

jwhjr wrote:
Any release date yet?

August 19. Earlier than expected!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:26 pm

August 19: Gaslight album album AND a Cory Branan album!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:27 pm

Awesome, just found that as well. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:30 pm

I find the cover art offensively boring and disappointing and I'm not too enthralled with the title either. The song kinda sounds like Too much blood v. 2.

I'm really excited about the album but I'm kind of on the fence, not really expecting too much.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:35 pm

Yeah the cover may as well be just a blank white square. Jury's still out on the title. But I will say that the song titles are pretty intriguing, they make it seem like the lyrics will be more varied than Handwritten.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:35 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I find the cover art offensively boring and disappointing

Yep. Extremely dull.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:36 pm

not posted on here in a long, long while, so i'm sorry that this is kinda moany but wth haha. the cover art, tracklist and record name all sound super dark and depressing, the snippet of the track sounds fairly promising yet sounds way too much like a Pearl Jam outtake. hopefully this album will not disappoint though.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:37 pm

'Stray Paper'

really?! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next