DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]

Go down 
+112
simo
BossTime
azlisa
biggs
TheDTYP
macci
DaisyLu
JukeboxJuliet
shredderrrrrr
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
PPQ
JenF
Bobul
katechampagne
onbackstreetsinbackseats
moreblue
gchestney
BKO5950505
23Punk
AndWithTheWindowDown
njguy99
Unorthadox1080
Shrewsbury_Stars
B701
loazis
HaveMercyMae
bringiton
ccr_2108
bt211
Jack
Labhras
Harbortown
HolyBreakOfDay
Steve70s
chigurh
TooMuchGaslight
jensomniac
PennStateRLZ
CapedAvenger
Anya_TGA
cdala
No Retreat
Chappers
dmckella1
Holland
kappanera
kristyn
Keele
lol_paul_ledoux
magnificentdreamer
ral
Boy From Little Eden
danny4690
nebraska
Kasia
JimmyB
jonnyz83
DeathoftheCool
MKULTRA
SouthJerseyTGA
Mountie
sinkorswimmydear
SirBrad
JacksSmirkingRevenge
borrowedcar
jzancan
HorribleCrowe
CasanovaBaby90
Hasler09
ivienco
rumham
pepperedham
The_M23
NotLikeWeBleed
mingus
bradleyjp
White Man In Hammersmith
The_River
33RPMHero
Christophe
Jaws
eagles1139
poormrpitiful
mja271
miked331
bringiton_ty
Jerseyrain
zerb012345
The Angry Johnny Revue
riversedge
StateOfMind
steady now steady now
Vanderlyle Geek
The Last Jukebox Romeo
bobbyjames
Prisoner
Hanswurst
crsmsi
StitchesOnTheRadio
colmillionaire
Yozzy
pleasepassthesoup
Thunder Peel
enola
Casey
TGAFAN25
NervousFeet
TGA30
bigbug
RobertODonnell
Debonair
Franco3088
116 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 8:25 pm

Casey wrote:
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I really love how beautiful and depressing the ending of Underneath the Ground is, and then how hard hitting Rollin' and Tumblin' is right after, really awesome contrast. Great placement of the two tracks IMO.

Underneath the Ground destroys me. Those two are my favorite two on the album.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 8:59 pm

I keep thinking of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream (more especifically the HC version of it) on that slower part in Break Your Heart. "You can lean on me till your heart don't beat" for "let me get your heart racing". It's the way he sings it I guess
Anyone else hear the resemblance or am I just crazy? Laughing 
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 9:30 pm

its 1.30am here and Dark Places is killin' me.
Back to top Go down
PennStateRLZ
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Have Mercy is one of the most hauntingly beautiful songs. Should've been an official album track. I thought it was just a normal decent tune until the female vocalist comes in. my god.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 9:54 pm

cdala wrote:
I keep thinking of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream (more especifically the HC version of it) on that slower part in Break Your Heart. "You can lean on me till your heart don't beat" for "let me get your heart racing". It's the way he sings it I guess

I liked this song, but the more I listen to it, the more it sounds like a pretty blatant ripoff of Tom Petty's "Southern Accents" (which Brian obviously name-checked on "High Lonesome")
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 9:56 pm

cdala wrote:

Oh wow, I thought something about that line felt familiar! I hear it. There's also a small part musically in underneath the ground that sends my brain toward that James Blunt song "You're Beautiful" or whatever it's called, but I'm trying to that idea out of my head.

I don't get the amount of love for Dark Places. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but if I were to name my top 5 songs on the record so far, it wouldn't be on there. And this talk of making it the show closer instead of the backseat?!?!  No I think it would make a good set closer if the backseat was the last encore song. But instead of? Nothing beats the backseat to close out a show for ANY artist, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Yeah, I guess Iam not the only one who heard "Teenage Dream" in Break Your Heart. I also heard 'Won't back down" in the begining verse-anyone catch that?
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 12:58 am

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to identify whether or not this is anywhere on the album?

http://instagram.com/p/ldOoFCsNrm/
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:23 am

Barresi wrote:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to identify whether or not this is anywhere on the album?

Def stray paper. If not an early version of it.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:40 am

Debonair wrote:
Barresi wrote:

Def stray paper. If not an early version of it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Chappers
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Chappers

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:22 am

cdala wrote:

Not crazy! I totally thought the same - I was ready for the "be your teenage dream tonight" line to pop up  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Chappers
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Chappers

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:23 am

This album is so damn good!!

Dark Places live is going to be awesome
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:58 am

The stuttering words seems to be a new trick from Brian's arsenal. He is using it in "ain't that a shame", and "long drives" from MATZ, too. I don't know where this came from, but it's a great thing.
I think there are other songs on the album where he is using this, but can't remember right now.
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 6:04 am

cdala wrote:

I SECOND THIS. I listened to the album on repeat while on the road at work today (Must have been a solid 6-7 listens and every time I heard that song I pictured Brian in concert breaking into Teenage Dream.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 7:34 am

JimmyB wrote:
Yeah, I guess Iam not the only one who heard "Teenage Dream" in Break Your Heart.  I also heard 'Won't back down" in the begining verse-anyone catch that?

Yes me too!

Matt Mays is also singing harmonie on that song
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm a few listens in and I adore the album. Well, most of it. The (new) songs that immeditately caught my ears were Selected Poems, 1.000 Years, Break Your Heart and Have Mercy.

However what really gets me with this album that with every listen I discover something new I love - a whole song, a lyric, a guitar riff. It was clear from various statements that this album is a grower and even though I loved it from the very beginning, it keeps growing with every listen.

I am very, very happy with Get Hurt and I can't wait to hear the songs live later this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 12:55 pm

enola wrote:

However what really gets me with this album that with every listen I discover something new I love - a whole song, a lyric, a guitar riff.

I am very, very happy with Get Hurt and I can't wait to hear the songs live later this year.

I am a ridiculous amount of listens in and couldn't agree more. There are so many layers to this record and it's the best treasure hunt ever.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:04 pm

We had to bring the deadline for the Q&A with Brian forward by a few days which shouldn't be a problem as the album is streaming already anyway.

Make sure you submit your questions until Fri, August 15th, 11 pm (CEST) / 2 pm PDT / 5pm EDT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 6:32 pm

I think i am going to rank this as my second favourite Gaslight album (behind T59S), after listening with headphones and reading the lyrics i just think it is awesome. I like all the songs. I think it is pretty cohesive too and it gets better the more I listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Chappers
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Chappers

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 4:48 am

The more I listen the more I love it

Stray Paper gets better with listens - the ending of the song is just so damn cool
Back to top Go down
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 5:07 am

This record is awesome!! I expected it to be horrible, but somehow it just feels like home.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 6:16 am

Chappers wrote:

Stray Paper gets better with listens - the ending of the song is just so damn cool

Gave this song so much flack on the first handful of listens but it has really grown on me in the last 24 hours. Couldn't agree more about the ending.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 7:15 am

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Chappers wrote:

Gave this song so much flack on the first handful of listens but it has really grown on me in the last 24 hours. Couldn't agree more about the ending.

Yes it's great.
As someone pointed out in the lyrics thread for the song it is kinda Dylan-esque.
It also reminds me a bit of Gimme Shelter by the Rolling Stones.
Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 7:33 am

Don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread or anywhere else on the forum (sorry if it has!), but I got an email from Banquet Records yesterday explaining that the deluxe copies of the CD they received were not signed copies that they were originally promised/sold. Basically, if you pre-ordered this you need to reply to their email and tell him of you still want the CD (with a £5 discount) or cancel the pre-order.

Apparently the label/supplier run out of stock of the signed copies and a few shops have missed out on these, Banquet being one.
Back to top Go down
TooMuchGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TooMuchGaslight

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 8:03 am

I live in the Netherlands and my deluxe edition of Get Hurt came in today!! It is really awesome, with a lyric book included.

There is only one thing, Have mercy isn't on the track list at the back, Mama's boys and Halloween are the only bonus tracks on it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]
Page 10 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next