DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012

Go down 
+37
crsmsi
bringiton_ty
DeathoftheCool
Hanswurst
Prisoner
Bobul
'49mercury
CasanovaBaby90
Labhras
NYYFAN523
DiamondSinatra
ral
kupe
matkins
CluckyB
NeverTrustAJunkie
CapedAvenger
eagles1139
Holland
TGAFAN25
MikeSig
redheadchick
enola
Christophe
Jerseyrain
steady now steady now
bringiton
simo
StitchesOnTheRadio
acousticbandit
azlisa
Debonair
moosicmaniac
prettyontheinsidex
SirBrad
thebiglebowski
dbzgtom
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:36 am

did everyone just get that email then? the songs aren't called liar on fire and making whoopee, they're desire (acoustic) and halloween.

Phew.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:38 am

LOL just got the email.

Halloween will forever be known as making whoopee though. Too funny. Both great songs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:39 am

Here's the mail ...

For those of you who have already downloaded the music files you may have seen the file names (alias') once the zipped file is extracted as listed below. We provided file names not titles; please rename them with the respective song titles of "Desire - acoustic - 2012" for 'Liars' and "Halloween - 2012" for 'Making W'. They were named this way to prevent internet searches from finding them. We realize that there are many different ways that people store and listen to music and this method of distribution was chosen to cover the majority. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
MikeSig
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MikeSig

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:39 am

Am I the only one that was hoping it was a cover of the actual "Making Whoopee" song? It would have been ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/MikeSig
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:55 pm

MikeSig wrote:
Am I the only one that was hoping it was a cover of the actual "Making Whoopee" song? It would have been ridiculous.

Lol, I think so man...

I really enjoy the studio version of Halloween!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 1:23 pm

I enjoy the new titles I think I will leave them as they are.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:29 pm

I kinda prefer this Desire acoustic version:
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:57 pm

simo wrote:
acousticbandit wrote:
i am afraid for brian's voice.

Yeah, Desire is kinda rough.
I'd say it sounds better than on than the acoustic version of American Slang, for example.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:03 pm

I think Halloween is an AWESOME song....

I love the way it builds... The slide guitar at the end creates a ton of tension

And the strum and drumbeat make a sense of urgency that goes throughout the whole song...

I can also totally identify with a lot of the lyrics... "I hate these things but I always attend, a little sip of something to take off the edge"....

Pure GOLD!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:24 pm

MikeSig wrote:

I am disappointed Razz
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:46 pm

I can't be the only one who thinks its beyond stupid that this apparently also isn't getting a wider digital release. Keep an exclusive copy of the 7" for the fan club, sure, but it's the height of arrogance and greed to expect fans who just want all of your music on their iPod to shell out for your fan club.

I mean for the tickets, sure, you need an entry fee to help stop the scalpers / pay for the cost of running things. If you are giving out physical things like vinyl / t-shirts then obviously that costs money to produce so you need that too. But if its just digital copies of songs, defining "fans worthy of listening to this song" as "people who give us $25" (or however much the fanclub cost) is horribly selfish and goes against most of the ethos of the punk rock scene. There is literally no point to it other than to make money.

Give the fan club members the 7" like you promised, but at least let other people buy the songs as well.

(Granted as far as I'm aware you can't find digital copies of the RSD 10" so why am I surprised about this? Won't be at all surprised if you won't be able to buy the bonus iTunes songs on the next album individually)
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:53 pm

CluckyB wrote:
I can't be the only one who thinks its beyond stupid that this apparently also isn't getting a wider digital release. Keep an exclusive copy of the 7" for the fan club, sure, but it's the height of arrogance and greed to expect fans who just want all of your music on their iPod to shell out for your fan club.

I mean for the tickets, sure, you need an entry fee to help stop the scalpers / pay for the cost of running things. If you are giving out physical things like vinyl / t-shirts then obviously that costs money to produce so you need that too. But if its just digital copies of songs, defining "fans worthy of listening to this song" as "people who give us $25" (or however much the fanclub cost) is horribly selfish and goes against most of the ethos of the punk rock scene. There is literally no point to it other than to make money.

Give the fan club members the 7" like you promised, but at least let other people buy the songs as well.

(Granted as far as I'm aware you can't find digital copies of the RSD 10" so why am I surprised about this? Won't be at all surprised if you won't be able to buy the bonus iTunes songs on the next album individually)

huh?
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:00 pm

CluckyB wrote:

You often come off as extremely negative. What the band sees as, "Hey these people pay $25 for our fan club, let's throw them a few free songs" you see as "you want our new songs? THEN PAY US $25!!"

Surely you can't actually think that they consider this a good business strategy, like there's gonna be a ton of people signing up for the fanclub now just to begrudgingly get two songs that will obviously pop up online sooner or later? Sure maybe a handful of people will do that, but they're not profiting from this.

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:20 pm

A few times on this board it's seemed to me that $25 is being way overblown. I don't know what cost of living is elsewhere, but that's about 2 movie tickets and maybe a small soda around here. I don't know how much money you think they're putting in their bank account from the fan club. scratch
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:44 pm

CluckyB wrote:

I just can't see how making money would be the only point of the fan club releases. I hardly think they are going to make a fortune off of $25. I also can't figure out how it is "horribly selfish and goes against most of the ethos of the punk rock scene". From what I understood, the guys wanted to come up with something special for the fans. I don't think Mercury was beating them over the head telling them to do it in order to increase album sales. They even chose a fairly small company to handle it. The inital screw ups and delays are proof of this, I believe. Maybe I'm older than many others on here (35), but I remember many bands doing special vinyl releases through fan clubs (my beloved REM being a prime example). It was something cool to have and to add to your collection. I thought of saying just pay your $25 instead of complaining, but I do realize that not everyone has an extra $25 to shell out and I'm really not trying to be rude. Just don't criticize the band for wanting to do something special for the fans.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:08 pm

I agree with you to an extent CluckyB. Why is this song not being made available digitally to everyone? I can understand that the fan club members get a t shirt, exclusive vinyls etc but like CluckyB said I am a huge Gaslight fan and just want to have all of their music on my iPod. To be honest I'm not particularly interested in everything else that becoming a member of the fan club entails. All I really care about is the band's music. I really hope they make this available publically somehow because it's such a great song. My point is that I don't want to have to pay to join the fan club and just to own a couple of songs that should be available to everyone anyway. Surely it would be more profitable to both Gaslight and Mercury to put this up on iTunes too? I don't get it. scratch
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:10 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

You often come off as extremely negative. What the band sees as, "Hey these people pay $25 for our fan club, let's throw them a few free songs" you see as "you want our new songs? THEN PAY US $25!!"

Surely you can't actually think that they consider this a good business strategy, like there's gonna be a ton of people signing up for the fanclub now just to begrudgingly get two songs that will obviously pop up online sooner or later? Sure maybe a handful of people will do that, but they're not profiting from this.

Why only give the songs to the people in the fan club? What makes them so special? They aren't any better fans than the people who aren't in the fan club. I'm not sure how else you're supposed to take it other than ""you want our new songs? THEN PAY US $25!!" (or at the very least "we only really care about the fans that give us $25")

Quote :
I just can't see how making money would be the only point of the fan club releases. I hardly think they are going to make a fortune off of $25. I also can't figure out how it is "horribly selfish and goes against most of the ethos of the punk rock scene". From what I understood, the guys wanted to come up with something special for the fans. I don't think Mercury was beating them over the head telling them to do it in order to increase album sales. They even chose a fairly small company to handle it. The inital screw ups and delays are proof of this, I believe. Maybe I'm older than many others on here (35), but I remember many bands doing special vinyl releases through fan clubs (my beloved REM being a prime example). It was something cool to have and to add to your collection. I thought of saying just pay your $25 instead of complaining, but I do realize that not everyone has an extra $25 to shell out and I'm really not trying to be rude. Just don't criticize the band for wanting to do something special for the fans.

Like I said, I have zero problems with the fan club vinyl exclusive. You're right that its just something cool you can add to your collection. The issue is that by calling it "Something special for the fans", you're implying that in order to be a "fan" you have to pay the $25 for the fan club. And that is silly and stupid and selfish. In order to be a "fan", the only requirement should be you need to like the music. I mean, Gaslight is my favorite band but I'm not a fan simply because I've never had a problem getting tickets so don't need the presale, have plenty of band t-shirts and don't really like to collect 7"s so I'd rather use my money to support them in other ways????

Give the people who give you money the t-shirts and vinyl they are paying for. But at the very least, let ALL of your fans buy your songs for the standard dollar a pop.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:15 pm

Quote :
Like I said, I have zero problems with the fan club vinyl exclusive. You're right that its just something cool you can add to your collection. The issue is that by calling it "Something special for the fans", you're implying that in order to be a "fan" you have to pay the $25 for the fan club. And that is silly and stupid and selfish. In order to be a "fan", the only requirement should be you need to like the music. I mean, Gaslight is my favorite band but I'm not a fan simply because I've never had a problem getting tickets so don't need the presale, have plenty of band t-shirts and don't really like to collect 7"s so I'd rather use my money to support them in other ways????

Give the people who give you money the t-shirts and vinyl they are paying for. But at the very least, let ALL of your fans buy your songs for the standard dollar a pop.

Couldn't agree more. Took the words right out of my mouth.
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Get the songs outside of itunes. Admins can get pissed at me for saying this if they want but be real, we all know 5 ways to do it. Donate $2 to Hurricane Sandy relief if you choose to do so. Quit whining.
Back to top Go down
kupe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:36 pm

"but it's the height of arrogance and greed..."

HAHAHAHAHAHA...Yes this is definitely that^^^ hahaha
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:45 pm

It's like a collector bitching about collecting itunes songs. Like their Itunes collection isn't "complete" if they don't have everything.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:47 pm

thebiglebowski wrote:
It's like a collector bitching about collecting itunes songs. Like their Itunes collection isn't "complete" if they don't have everything.

What's wrong with wanting to have a collection of your favourite band's songs?
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:02 pm

Do you want a collection or do you just care about the music? Because I thought the vinyl guys were "collectors" and the Itunes guys were "only about the music".

I can't really argue this because the board admins are sensitive to discussions of downloading. There is no reason everyone in the world who wants to hear these songs can't. If you didn't get a download link right away because you aren't in the fan club, relax. Or if you really want to hear it that bad, buy into the club. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of vinyl and Gaslight knows that thing is almost certainly gonna go for $25+ on ebay so take the free shirt and presales.

But I just think it is whining for people to complain that right at this moment someone else can hear a song and you can't because it is not in your chosen format, so the band is doing something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Yeah ok I suppose I am a collector of the music then. I think it does exclude people though that is my point. It's not 'whining' as you put it it's discussing a relevant topic on a Gaslight Anthem forum. It seems certain people aren't allowed an opinion on this forum anymore.
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:36 pm

It is whining. Mentioning that it is a Gaslight forum doesn't change that. You can and always have been able to whine about whatever you want on here.

How about the vinyl lovers who didn't get "She Loves You" or "Once Upon A Time" with their purchases? They might have said, "damn, I wish that song would have been included on the vinyl", which isn't whining at all. They didn't say "Why is Gaslight trying to exclude people who enjoy vinyl records. This is BS. Now I have to buy 59 Sound again in Itunes." They just listened to the song later on youtube or downloaded it, and enjoyed what they could through their preferred medium. That is the normal fan's reaction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012   45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

45 RPM Club 'Album' 2012
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next