DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread

Go down 
+93
Rizz
gaslightyay
crutchfield
prettyontheinsidex
Klown
rsj
mirrorenigma
njguy99
bt211
TGAforLIFE
kupe
AngryJohnnyN1930
19thirty
jzancan
Arctander
NeverTrustAJunkie
Vibes
rgillies
TGAFAN25
ral
Tom1911
jeffrey2
AmSlang59
marleyschains
Steve70s
BuddyHolly
nico0493
ThisMachineKillsFascists
eagles1139
Shrewsbury_Stars
HorribleCrowe
thebar1963
Jay
Camus
Don Carlo
gaslightfan89
riversedge
Debonair
SouthJerseyTGA
plugga
J_Bizness
gaslightom
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Paula
TheEmptyBones
Matilda Noir
Jerseyrain
coolia
JimmyB
J.B.R.
nebraska
I am Incinerator
chickenman
DeathoftheCool
Phil Rockabill
Harbortown
brucesboots
carryon820
enola
verbos
Labhras
CluckyB
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
The Angry Johnny Revue
loazis
steph
Gaslight23
Reinvent good times
40 Miler
joshyboytyler
theBasemen
borrowedcar
fullcollapse
RobertODonnell
Holland
WILDCARD180
MyFirstSin
PFREEZY
The Boxer
simo
thecosmickid
vamike
LuceroDiehard
mingus
JoshRaymond
Kosburn59
azlisa
JJW319
Bea
IFeelBlue
Ghost
Christophe
steady now steady now
97 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Empty
PostSubject: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:47 am

Brian said in Nottingham on 16 November that they were hoping to record the next Gaslight Anthem album in February 2012.

So we might as well start a new 2012 album thread now and keep a tab on how things go.

Bring it on! (Ooops, they've done that one already.)

P.S: As they have other projects in mind for 2011, that one won't be a dull year either.

Last edited by steady now steady now on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:30 am

I am excited thinking about the future!
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:52 am

Wow that seems a long time. Don't know that I can physically wait that long for new stuff!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:14 am

2012 just until recording Sad Does seem a big gap. Interesting about the 'other projects' though....
Back to top Go down
IFeelBlue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IFeelBlue

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:52 am

Yaaoouchhh...2012. Too much time for a Gaslight fan Razz
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:39 am

but like it had already been said, at least there will be other projects in 2011 so it won't seem like such a long time
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:29 pm

Can't wait to see what they have in store for us!

...and maybe they will actually come to Pittsburgh in 2011 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:36 pm

on the subject of 2011 being a good year, any word on another US headlining tour? dear god I need one soon...
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:52 pm

http://www.wdr.de/tv/rockpalast/extra/konzerte/2010/1112/index.jsp?mid=271115
go to 08:35 to hear what are their plans so far for 2011 Wink
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:04 pm

wow, that was a very interesting video. focusing on the states... I love you
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:17 pm

I remember when I spoke to Brian back in October that he was hoping to release a new project sometime next year. I don't remember many details of the conversation, but I definitely remember hearing him say that he was aiming for something very slow and melodic, kind of like Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts, or something similar to that, only on a whole new level. For the NEW album, I totally remember him saying that he was hoping to revisit Senior & The Queen, but of course with a new twist relating to how much they've grown since coming together.

If I'm correct (which I'm really hoping i am), Brian said that big openings and melody changes were being aimed for in his new material, kind of like the song Senor & The Queen with how Benny's drums lead in really slow and bring this big explosion, and then later in the song how they slow down and change the fast style to the closing. He also said that he was aiming for an album where the list of songs was one which was there for a specific purpose. By this, I mean that he felt that certain songs on American Slang should have belonged on The '59 Sound, as well as vice versa, so i feel like he's really going to stress that in his songwriting for the next album: to create something that holds every song in it's position for a very specific purpose. I got quite excited after hearing that from him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Kosburn59 wrote:
I remember when I spoke to Brian back in October that he was hoping to release a new project sometime next year. I don't remember many details of the conversation, but I definitely remember hearing him say that he was aiming for something very slow and melodic, kind of like Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts, or something similar to that, only on a whole new level. For the NEW album, I totally remember him saying that he was hoping to revisit Senior & The Queen, but of course with a new twist relating to how much they've grown since coming together.

If I'm correct (which I'm really hoping i am), Brian said that big openings and melody changes were being aimed for in his new material, kind of like the song Senor & The Queen with how Benny's drums lead in really slow and bring this big explosion, and then later in the song how they slow down and change the fast style to the closing. He also said that he was aiming for an album where the list of songs was one which was there for a specific purpose. By this, I mean that he felt that certain songs on American Slang should have belonged on The '59 Sound, as well as vice versa, so i feel like he's really going to stress that in his songwriting for the next album: to create something that holds every song in it's position for a very specific purpose. I got quite excited after hearing that from him. Very Happy

Wow you've just made me like ten times as stoked for this new album now! I think this could be the one that makes them a household name much like Kings of Leon did with their fourth album. I don't know that I want everyone to know about them though. At least I know that no matter how big and successful they become they will always be the same, honest guys they always were. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:48 pm

Kosburn59 wrote:

I love when bands really make an attempt to make an album rather than a collection of songs
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Whatever happened to Brian and Chuck putting out a full length together?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Brian Fallon interviewed by Kerrang! (#1340, 27 Nov. 10) after the Hammersmith gig:

"I've started writing songs for the next Gaslight record. I have an idea for it, which I think is great. Some people will like it, some won't, and that's fine. This time I just don't care."

(one page interview plus full page photo of Brian [real good])

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:43 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Brian Fallon interviewed by Kerrang! (#1340, 27 Nov. 10) after the Hammersmith gig:

"I've started writing songs for the next Gaslight record. I have an idea for it, which I think is great. Some people will like it, some won't, and that's fine. This time I just don't care."

Do you have a photograph of the interview you could put up?
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:46 pm

steady now steady now wrote:

it reminds me of what he said in the Explore Music interview about how "I feel kin to Neil Young and Bob Dylan and Pearl Jam, the guys who literally aboned everything that they did. They were like, 'Yeah, I used to be acoustic, now I've plugged in, so what?'", and "Pearl Jam is my favourite band, and they've just changed. They didn't care. (...) No code. Y'eah, same record. Same band. We don't care. We didn't sell any records? We're happy. It's cool.' I love that vibe! It's like, 'Well, I make music for me, not you'. And that's cool."

scans please? rendeer
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Bea wrote:
but like it had already been said, at least there will be other projects in 2011 so it won't seem like such a long time

To get things clear (it's getting a little bit hard to follow), in 2011 we can expect:
- the "night time" music by Brian
- The "Revival Tour" (with who?)
- Brian & Chuck Ragan project
(or some sort of combination of these things)
- TGA liveshows (already 1 confirmed: Rock Am Ring in Germany)

Is this information correct or am I mixing some things up?
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:37 pm

the Brian & Chuck Ragan's project will include some touring, probably The Revival Tour, even if there's nothing official yet. and there'll be Gaslight shows in Australia and Japan in march

this is off topic i think, so all we know so far is here:
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/tour-f3/euro-us-etc-tours-2011-t2705.htm
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:22 pm

from Brian's blog, 5 December 2010:

"When we start writing our new record, which should be around the 1st of the year or so, I'm thinking of really taking Dire Straits and the blues much more seriously."
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Brian says the band Starts Writing New Record in January!   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:58 am

According to Brian Fallon's blog, The Gaslight Anthem will start writing their new record at the begining of the new year.

http://cassettesinthemailbox.blogspot.com/

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2057932

Last edited by bobbyw24 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:31 am

1. WRITING is not RECORDING
2. that doesn't say anything on when the record will come out, can be 1 year, can be 3
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:33 am

vamike wrote:
1. WRITING is not RECORDING
2. that doesn't say anything on when the record will come out, can be 1 year, can be 3

Let's hope he is not like Bruce and take 3 years for a new record
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:12 pm

it would be weird if we got a full new record in 2011...
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Bea wrote:
it would be weird if we got a full new record in 2011...

Maybe, but I wouldn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next