DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Hold Steady

Go down 
+59
23Punk
Rock bus
MKULTRA
jzancan
Thunder Peel
Hanswurst
beholdhurricanej
bringiton_ty
dmcraig
Klown
QuizzlyBear
kissthebottle
MikeSig
JJW319
OldManShoes3
NYYFAN523
gtalbott
DeathoftheCool
Keeb631
loazis
Grant Michael
Harbortown
ThisMachineKillsFascists
LuceroDiehard
Jay
Matilda Noir
StopAndSlideToTheRight
The Angry Johnny Revue
enola
kein_gerede
fullcollapse
steady now steady now
janet.
simo
Reinvent good times
CluckyB
mescalero
BostonMike
Angry Johnny
Asleepontheforestfloor
curly
JoshRaymond
Daire
Jack
borrowedcar
IKeeptheDiner
stupendoussven
PFREEZY
colmillionaire
Holland
samuelhw
TonyRockyHorror
The Dude
stephendgaf
Refused
Jukebox Romeo
billy pilgrim
Stalls_Standing
mark_275
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

The Hold Steady - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hold Steady   The Hold Steady - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 2:18 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Hombie wrote:
I'm a pretty big fan of The Hold Steady alright, love the storytelling. I actually got into Sep Sunday first through 'Your Little Hoodrat Friend' being on the THP8 soundtrack ^^

I think I just got into different songs through youtube after that, then started listening to the albums in order, properly. And as has been mentioned before, there really doesn't seem to be a lot of love for Teeth Dreams, both here and with the THS crowd itself...

I dunno, took me a while to get into as with pretty much all their albums, but I like it fine now, and it definitely has a few standout songs (Spinners, The Only Thing, Oaks, I Hope This Whole Thing...)

I think my least favourite album is still Heaven is Whenever, and even that has The Weekenders and Hurricane J...

For those that have seen them live (they don't seem to play in Belgium all that often exactly >.>), are they as good as they seem live?

No matter how many times I listen to it, I can't get into HIW. At all. Made me lose interest for years.

But Teeth Dreams. Holy fuck. I love this album.

HIW is easily the worst THS album, I think all of the other ones are great. HIW produced some strong tunes, "The Weekenders" comes to mind, and some stuff that thumps live, but the record itself just feels like poorly produced, watered down THS. I was very disappointed with it when it came out and it's never really grown on me. It doesn't have that pull that makes you want to come back to it like Boys and Girls or Sep Sunday. Very happy with Teeth Dreams. I think it's a slight notch below the first 4, but feels more natural and the 2 guitar attack yields some awesome results.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

The Hold Steady - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hold Steady   The Hold Steady - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 7:23 am

I think A Slight Discomfort is one of their best songs
Back to top Go down

The Hold Steady
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10