DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Here Comes My Man' Music Video

Go down 
+25
NeverTrustAJunkie
kappanera
steph
Woody
Harbortown
Jerseyrain
Labhras
azlisa
JimmyB
TheContender
Jack
White Man In Hammersmith
brucesboots
Hanswurst
bringiton_ty
thomas94
NYYFAN523
rsi1991
enola
TGAFAN25
DeathoftheCool
njguy99
Zach_Edelman
StitchesOnTheRadio
DiamondSinatra
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:34 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
steph wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
steph wrote:

i like it. there are just enough scenes of the band performing for me, and i like the way that part was shot. it might not be as intense as people were expecting, based on the lyrics & what the song means to them...but i think it was meaningful on a smaller scale. if that makes any sense. like the transformation the girl went through, what she realized.

Agreed. It's tough for a 4 minute video to have as strong an emotional impact as a 4 minute song but in that "smaller scale" sense I also think it did a good job. I really liked how they put the band performing on the movie screen that was cool. Although I gotta say I felt bad for the guy at the end which probably shouldn't have been the case. Slamming a door though, to me, wasn't enough for me to be like "yeah this girl should leave him". But it's hard to show that in a short video like I said.

i don't think it was about him slamming a door, i think that was just one indication of the way he treated her. you could see the way she flinched when he did it, like she was used to him yelling at her (or for all we know, worse).

Yeah I took it like she was used to being treated like crap and this situation was just one of a long line of incidents.

haha I know it wasn't based off literally that one incident. It definitely implied that there was more to the story. I guess just without seeing something more than that I didn't get that feeling of "what a jerk". I got more of a "well, people fight, it's normal" feeling. Idk, I've just seen that scenario with people who have been married for many years and are still happily married so I wasn't as convinced. But like I said, it's tough to show more in such a short time frame.

On another note, I love this video more and more every time I watch it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:08 pm

I think i read something about Elisha Cuthbert being in it before i watched the video, but wasn't sure she'd be in it until i saw the video. My comment on YouTube after i watched it:

Quote :
Two of my favourite things in life: Elisha Cuthbert and The Gaslight Anthem (and one of their very best songs).

I think that's the best summary i can give it. If i was to analyse it further, i'd agree with what was said about the point of the song not being rammed home. But, ultimately, i don't think i'll ever be disappointed with seeing this video.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:16 pm

I'm enjoying it more on repeated views Smile
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:16 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:

i like it. there are just enough scenes of the band performing for me, and i like the way that part was shot. it might not be as intense as people were expecting, based on the lyrics & what the song means to them...but i think it was meaningful on a smaller scale. if that makes any sense. like the transformation the girl went through, what she realized.

Agreed. It's tough for a 4 minute video to have as strong an emotional impact as a 4 minute song but in that "smaller scale" sense I also think it did a good job. I really liked how they put the band performing on the movie screen that was cool. Although I gotta say I felt bad for the guy at the end which probably shouldn't have been the case. Slamming a door though, to me, wasn't enough for me to be like "yeah this girl should leave him". But it's hard to show that in a short video like I said.

i don't think it was about him slamming a door, i think that was just one indication of the way he treated her. you could see the way she flinched when he did it, like she was used to him yelling at her (or for all we know, worse).

Yeah I took it like she was used to being treated like crap and this situation was just one of a long line of incidents.

haha I know it wasn't based off literally that one incident. It definitely implied that there was more to the story. I guess just without seeing something more than that I didn't get that feeling of "what a jerk". I got more of a "well, people fight, it's normal" feeling. Idk, I've just seen that scenario with people who have been married for many years and are still happily married so I wasn't as convinced. But like I said, it's tough to show more in such a short time frame.

On another note, I love this video more and more every time I watch it. Very Happy
girl over reacts to one outburst, allows her expectations of men to be raised to unreasonable levels by a movie. sounds like real life to me Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:26 pm

Casey wrote:
Was really surprised to see Elisha Cuthbert in this. After that, all I could think of was "sloppy seconds". Canadians will understand.

sean avery's a scumbag, lol. love the video though.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Labhras wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:

girl over reacts to one outburst, allows her expectations of men to be raised to unreasonable levels by a movie. sounds like real life to me Rolling Eyes

haha I know it's not meant to be like that but now that you mention it it does sort of look that way doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Behind the Scenes:
http://www.spinner.com/2012/12/04/gaslight-anthem-here-comes-my-man-behind-the-scenes-video/
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 1:39 am

i can't tell what that guy is saying, what song are they getting married to? thanks for the link!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 1:41 am

azlisa wrote:
i can't tell what that guy is saying, what song are they getting married to? thanks for the link!

Boomboxes and Dictionaries I think
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 1:49 am

DiamondSinatra wrote:
azlisa wrote:

Boomboxes and Dictionaries I think

oh, interesting! i'm thinking blue jeans at mine Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 6:17 am

Neat! thanks for posting the behind the scenes vid
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:32 am

Making of video posted on absolute punk yesterday and on the Gaslight youtube channel today

https://youtu.be/CBvshW7FObM
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:45 am

enola wrote:
Making of video posted on absolute punk yesterday and on the Gaslight youtube channel today

https://youtu.be/CBvshW7FObM

this is a clip from the Making of Handwritten teaser that was out before the album. Kind of silly of AP to promote this as an exclusive when that video been out for 6 months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Here Comes My Man' Music Video
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7