DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Here Comes My Man' Music Video

Go down 
+25
NeverTrustAJunkie
kappanera
steph
Woody
Harbortown
Jerseyrain
Labhras
azlisa
JimmyB
TheContender
Jack
White Man In Hammersmith
brucesboots
Hanswurst
bringiton_ty
thomas94
NYYFAN523
rsi1991
enola
TGAFAN25
DeathoftheCool
njguy99
Zach_Edelman
StitchesOnTheRadio
DiamondSinatra
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:05 am

That was pretty good. The art of a good music video is a dying art sadly, but this was a good one.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:22 am

Elisha did a great job but the video isn't as moving as I would have hoped it to be.

Then again, no video Brian Fallon ever does will ever be as great as Behold the hurricane.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:34 am

chuffed at elisha cuthbert being in this cheers really liked the video, agree its not exactly moving, and not too keen on the band scenes. I love how there is a ferris wheel in this video which always reminds me of TGA
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:58 am

I hate to say it but.... meh...
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:03 am

Elisha Cuthbert was shot beautifully though and the carinval scene is really cool..
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:07 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Still better than a lot of music videos today. Sadly Music videos seem to be a dying art.
Back to top Go down
Woody
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 1:03 pm

24 meets the Gaslight Anthem? I think I must be in some kind of heaven Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Better than "American Slang"
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:22 pm

JimmyB wrote:
That was pretty good. The art of a good music video is a dying art sadly, but this was a good one.

JimmyB wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Still better than a lot of music videos today. Sadly Music videos seem to be a dying art.

someone acknowledge Jimmy here before he feels the need to state the same thing a third time.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:30 pm

steph wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

JimmyB wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

someone acknowledge Jimmy here before he feels the need to state the same thing a third time.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Not bad but didn't really impress me.I would have liked more band footage but I understand it would have been weird due to the lyrics
The chick's really cute btw, didn't know her before since she's not very famous in Italy
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:36 pm

kappanera wrote:
Not bad but didn't really impress me.I would have liked more band footage but I understand it would have been weird due to the lyrics
The chick's really cute btw, didn't know her before since she's not very famous in Italy

Watch "The Girl Next Door", it's a fun movie from a few years back, Cuthbert stars and she's fantastic in that too!
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:40 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
kappanera wrote:

Watch "The Girl Next Door", it's a fun movie from a few years back, Cuthbert stars and she's fantastic in that too!
I'll check it out Wink
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:42 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Better than "American Slang"

American Slang is the best one!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:45 pm

i like it. there are just enough scenes of the band performing for me, and i like the way that part was shot. it might not be as intense as people were expecting, based on the lyrics & what the song means to them...but i think it was meaningful on a smaller scale. if that makes any sense. like the transformation the girl went through, what she realized.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:46 pm

ida called you woody joe or drive are still the best in my opinion Smile fantastic videos and ICYWJ shows the bands fun side
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:25 pm

steph wrote:

i like it. there are just enough scenes of the band performing for me, and i like the way that part was shot. it might not be as intense as people were expecting, based on the lyrics & what the song means to them...but i think it was meaningful on a smaller scale. if that makes any sense. like the transformation the girl went through, what she realized.

Agreed. It's tough for a 4 minute video to have as strong an emotional impact as a 4 minute song but in that "smaller scale" sense I also think it did a good job. I really liked how they put the band performing on the movie screen that was cool. Although I gotta say I felt bad for the guy at the end which probably shouldn't have been the case. Slamming a door though, to me, wasn't enough for me to be like "yeah this girl should leave him". But it's hard to show that in a short video like I said.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:27 pm

I personally like it. The guy deserved it. The girl in the video deserves to be with someone else.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:18 pm

Elisha Cuthbert is one of my lady crushes so I was thrilled to see her in it. Loved the concept. Kinda not into the slow-mo shots but only cus they just used that style in 45, where it also bugged me. I just feel like it literally slows the video down for me. /profoundstatement

I think the amount of band footage is just enough since the video is really about the storyline. Overall I like it!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:44 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Elisha Cuthbert is one of my lady crushes so I was thrilled to see her in it. Loved the concept. Kinda not into the slow-mo shots but only cus they just used that style in 45, where it also bugged me. I just feel like it literally slows the video down for me. /profoundstatement

I think the amount of band footage is just enough since the video is really about the storyline. Overall I like it!

I feel the same about slo-mo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Bit of a disappointment. I liked it all well and fine, but after Handwritten was so mindblowingly amazing, this was a letdown. Better than 45, though. I liked the message, felt bad for the boyfriend though.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 9:51 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
steph wrote:

Agreed. It's tough for a 4 minute video to have as strong an emotional impact as a 4 minute song but in that "smaller scale" sense I also think it did a good job. I really liked how they put the band performing on the movie screen that was cool. Although I gotta say I felt bad for the guy at the end which probably shouldn't have been the case. Slamming a door though, to me, wasn't enough for me to be like "yeah this girl should leave him". But it's hard to show that in a short video like I said.

i don't think it was about him slamming a door, i think that was just one indication of the way he treated her. you could see the way she flinched when he did it, like she was used to him yelling at her (or for all we know, worse).
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:21 pm

It kind of felt like "59 Sound" after comparing both of them .
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:48 am

steph wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
steph wrote:

i don't think it was about him slamming a door, i think that was just one indication of the way he treated her. you could see the way she flinched when he did it, like she was used to him yelling at her (or for all we know, worse).

Yeah I took it like she was used to being treated like crap and this situation was just one of a long line of incidents.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:44 am

Was really surprised to see Elisha Cuthbert in this. After that, all I could think of was "sloppy seconds". Canadians will understand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Here Comes My Man' Music Video
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next