DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"

Go down 
+14
Camus
NeverTrustAJunkie
enola
DiamondSinatra
TGAFAN25
Shrewsbury_Stars
ral
bringiton_ty
Christophe
Jack
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Klown
HorribleCrowe
steady now steady now
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Empty
PostSubject: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 6:42 am

I'm being lazy here as I don't have time to follow every individual gig topic. So what have the guys been saying before or after gigs? Have they been as relaxed and approachable as in the old days?

[to reply to that query, go to the substantive thread at https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t4650-so-what-have-the-guys-been-saying-before-after-gigs ; to discuss whether this thread is a good idea or 'shit-stirring', post right here]

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 8:04 am

Rockstar attitude is coming around i'd say. But that's just from my first experience ...
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 8:05 am

This thread isn't going to end pretty....just like all the others...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:22 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
Rockstar attitude is coming around i'd say. But that's just from my first experience ...

Tell us more..........
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:40 am

Klown wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing! *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:50 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Klown wrote:

Yep, a shit-stirring thread if ever I saw one. It's been well documented on here lately, just go and read the threads. Observe the mess, and leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:00 am

Klown wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Klown wrote:

Yep, a shit-stirring thread if ever I saw one. It's been well documented on here lately, just go and read the threads. Observe the mess, and leave it at that.

thanks; didn't know I was "shit-stirring" by asking what the guys have been saying after shows and whether they've been as approachable; can't a guy ask a question round here (and I think I've earned the right to)?
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:01 am

You've locked enough threads, and such, on the subject of them and how they are viewed now, and know the division on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:02 am

God damn administrators, thinking they know the rules. Don't you know if certain members are sick of talking about something you can't bring it up anymore? You have a lot to learn, noob.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:04 am

Klown wrote:
You've locked enough threads, and such, on the subject of them and how they are viewed now, and know the division on the subject.

for one, I have only locked one thread that went too far (I think - and I'm not the only Admin); and I wasn't aiming for devisive opinions, but for info ("Benny's been talking baseball", "they only had 1/2 hour to spare", etc.)

maybe I should lock my own thread and ban myself for a week?
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:06 am

Rolling Eyes Have fun cleaning up the mess then. Enough bickering on this place lately, nice going to add to it.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:18 am

I see no problem at all with this thread. I'm interested to hear what the guys having been saying after gigs and if fans are still getting to meet the band. And by the way I'm pretty sure Alexander isn't a 'shit-stirrer' Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:28 am

I see no harm in this (hopefully). It hasnt escalated in recent discussions. I know there were arguments before but dont think it would occur here. Was fine discussing that interview where Brian stuck up for himself and his religious beliefs. I know their considerably bigger now but hope theyre still as aproachable
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:04 am

I have no doubt this was an innocent question by Alexander. To call it shit-stirring is simply ridiculous. You guys can argue for 10 pages about some horseshit articles/reviews but he can't ask a simple question.

The problem with the question is the most recent shows have been festival/opening gigs (I think) since the US tour ended a month ago. Not exactly the best way to meet the band and definitely not an indicator of how things are/were for headlining shows.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:39 am

Klown wrote:
Rolling Eyes Have fun cleaning up the mess then. Enough bickering on this place lately, nice going to add to it.

Today's Tasks:

(1) Observe self-fulfilling prophecy. Check.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Hey Klown, zip it man... I don't care if you've posted 3,000 times, respect the Mods.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:06 pm

To try to get this tread on track...
Brian said he always accepts demo CDs because he thought it was awful that Against Me! just threw TGA's demos out the window when they were starting out and signed them to "roadside records". Pretty amazing seeing how Brian went to bat for Laura.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:14 pm

i try sometimes to give a cd, only if i think they may like it but just to listen too. That is some dedication to a band there that he was very active in the laura debate when his cd's littered the road lol
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:28 pm

The other thread about the actual topic has less posts than this one. Interesting Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:29 pm

im caught in both lol
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Quote :
Have they been as relaxed and approachable as in the old days?

They maced everyone that came near them after the Webster Hall show.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:34 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Hey Klown, zip it man... I don't care if you've posted 3,000 times, respect the Mods.

I would kindly ask that Klown NEVER zip it up. So, difference of opinion here.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:37 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Quote :

that actually made me spit cofee Clap
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:37 pm

bringiton_ty wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Quote :

that actually made me spit cofee Clap

Just wait until you see the barbed wire fence in front of the stage on the new tour...
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:42 pm

They don't even want any Twitter followers anymore. They blocked all of us today and just have accounts so they can tweet to each other and JadedPunkHulk. All very sad really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"   discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

discussion about: "so what have the guys been saying before/after gigs?"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next