DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting cameras into gigs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

Getting cameras into gigs Empty
PostSubject: Getting cameras into gigs   Getting cameras into gigs Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi, just wondering what the deal is in the States???-I got a ticket for over there in the autumn..do bags get searched and cameras removed? Had mine taken off me here once, then given back on the way out. My trick now is to take in a bottle of water, which you're not allowed, and hand that over....security seem to be happy they got that and don't search the rest of my bag!

Thanks for any advice!
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Getting cameras into gigs   Getting cameras into gigs Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:12 pm

Over the past couple of years (since every phone now has a camera) I've noticed that venues care less and less about cameras. They all seem to say "no cameras allowed" yet they all seem to let them in. I've been to over 3 dozen shows at small and large venues alike over the past two years and have never had my camera taken away. The only "issues" I've had were in the past two weeks. I took my niece to see Green Day and when I started taking pictures they asked me not to- a few songs in when people got crazy they didn't care. I recorded the entire song "Good Riddance". Then when I went to see Rise Against and Rancid on Tuesday they asked me not to use my flash- but again- as the night went on they didn't care. Let me add as a side note, it was the first time ever in the billion shows I've been to- during Rancid- the security guys (about 50ish in age) at the front of the stage- couldn't help but rock out to them- first time I've seen security activly jump around, fist pump and scream lyrics to the band that was playing- it was rather great.
Back to top Go down
pookieray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Getting cameras into gigs   Getting cameras into gigs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:37 am

From my experience it depends on the venue and if the band requests for their to be no cameras at the show. Lots of venues I go to don't care but I know some venues like all the House of Blues don't allow cameras period because of something to do with all the artwork they have in the venue. I'm not sure what size camera you're thinking of bringing but one of my friends always sticks hers in a small tampon box in her purse, it sounds lame but it's always worked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting cameras into gigs   Getting cameras into gigs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 7:47 am

In the UK I've never had a problem. I know they don't like professional style equipment but I have a small camera, something like 8 mega pixel, and I just shove it in my pocket. I've never been searched once, never had any problems and always manage to get some decent shots.
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: Getting cameras into gigs   Getting cameras into gigs Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Thanks for the tips. Guess I'll just shove it in my pocket and hope for the best. It's bigger than a small compact digital, but not massive. I always think phone pics come out badly..but I've always had cheap phones!
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: Getting cameras into gigs   Getting cameras into gigs Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:25 pm

By the way, cool about the security guard liveit! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting cameras into gigs   Getting cameras into gigs Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:49 am

My colleague strapped a 3 litre pouch of cider around his torso and under his coat to get it into an Oasis concert so he didn't have to buy drinks in there. You should get a camera in no problem!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Getting cameras into gigs   Getting cameras into gigs Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:05 pm

liveit wrote:
Over the past couple of years (since every phone now has a camera) I've noticed that venues care less and less about cameras. They all seem to say "no cameras allowed" yet they all seem to let them in. I've been to over 3 dozen shows at small and large venues alike over the past two years and have never had my camera taken away. The only "issues" I've had were in the past two weeks. I took my niece to see Green Day and when I started taking pictures they asked me not to- a few songs in when people got crazy they didn't care. I recorded the entire song "Good Riddance". Then when I went to see Rise Against and Rancid on Tuesday they asked me not to use my flash- but again- as the night went on they didn't care. Let me add as a side note, it was the first time ever in the billion shows I've been to- during Rancid- the security guys (about 50ish in age) at the front of the stage- couldn't help but rock out to them- first time I've seen security activly jump around, fist pump and scream lyrics to the band that was playing- it was rather great.

i saw rise against with rancid too! such a great show...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Getting cameras into gigs   Getting cameras into gigs Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:05 pm

just put the camera down your pants... security guards cant grab your crotch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting cameras into gigs   Getting cameras into gigs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting cameras into gigs
Page 1 of 1