DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?

Go down 
+52
SevenThreeTwo
bringiton_ty
backseat99
Christophe
Holland
wearenowhere
CasanovaBaby90
virginiasheart
ThisMachineKillsFascists
StitchesOnTheRadio
Jay
Definitely_Josef
HighLonesome
StopAndSlideToTheRight
rsi1991
UK Ellie
tom.TGA.punk
Jack
OllieC
theBasemen
AGoodTime
Gumption
03aarm
TGAforLIFE
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
kayla_tga
gking92
jdc
kirstyt
YouCanCallMeSally
JJW319
drifter69
elliott4296
rem999
DiamondSinatra
HorribleCrowe
The Angry Johnny Revue
Klown
azlisa
Casey
steph
AmSlang59
EveryLittleSecret
Shrewsbury_Stars
NeverTrustAJunkie
RobertODonnell
Philo
plugga
Prisoner
simo
JimmyB
RaquelWaltz
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 4:03 pm

i know it well lol! have had a laugh many a times at the fools on the show. great tv to watch with a few beers before heading out etc . Swansea I hail from Smile Yourself?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
SevenThreeTwo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Saturday night at Boathouse in Belmar, NJ they were just playing The '59 Sound on shuffle in between cover band sets. I thought that was random/awesome. Especially since the night before Thanksgiving the cover band there also covered "The '59 Sound".
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:56 am

bringiton_ty wrote:
i know it well lol! have had a laugh many a times at the fools on the show. great tv to watch with a few beers before heading out etc . Swansea I hail from Smile Yourself?

I'm originally from Mountain Ash in the valleys, but lived in Cardiff for years until moving to Lincoln last April to take up a job at the uni here. My ex was in uni in Swansea, so spent loads of time down there. Used to love doing the mumbles mile and going to that stinky rock club in town. Will you be going to the Gaslight gigs in Bristol, nearest to Wales this time. Saw Brian in Cardiff for the rival show, maybe one day they will play the CIA!
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:18 pm

wow amazing to talk to someone on here who knows the mumbles mile! not so many rock clubs now but its got so much better recently! Hows Lincoln compare to cardiff/swansea? was going too but ive spent so much on this band this year! went to koko and birmingham so its been a good year for me. You off to the bristol show? Awesome you were at the revival in cardiff! I loved that gig, was so amazing! you met brian? i met him too but disturbed him at the wrong time lol
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 am

Yeah small world, used to be a regular venue the mumbles!Lincoln is a bit of a quiet gem tbh big student population here, so lots going on in terms of night life, indie/alternative nights, also a place called the engine shed here which has had some pretty big bands/acts last few months. The enemy, lost prophets, the levellers (they were awesome) and Frank Turner was here Sunday, he was great too. I was at the Brum gig and the Cardiff gig too lol Met Alex R after the brum gig, really quietly spoken not what I expected. Not met Brian yet, how did you disturb him at the wrong time? Not sure I want to really, always something about heros not being what you expect!
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:08 pm

Wow yeah small world! Lincoln sounds great! proper little gem by the sounds of it. jealous you saw the levellers, ive yet to see them! Thats cool you met Aex R! did he talk much? I wanted to meet him but didnt see him. met alex l and Benny which was nice. ah well he was having a cigarette and me and a mate were in an area outside the building we werent supposed to be in when we saw him. He wasnt too pleased and just wanted some time alone which is fair enough i suppose. Yet to meet him properly in his comfort zone. Yeah i know what you mean with the hero thing! Ive had some awesome times meeting some so its worth taking a chance
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:56 pm

This was pretty weird for me. Today, I was driving from Camp Pendleton to 29 Palms in a Government Vehicle, I turned the radio on and '45 was on. I freaked the fuck out and my "A" Driver was like 'wtf?'
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 12:02 am

Jet Blue airplane. Flying back today after the Terminal 5 show last night, I just happened to flip on the Jet Blue Music Channel and sure enough it was a 15 minute block dedicated to the gaslight anthem.
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 7:41 am

bringiton_ty wrote:
Wow yeah small world! Lincoln sounds great! proper little gem by the sounds of it. jealous you saw the levellers, ive yet to see them! Thats cool you met Aex R! did he talk much? I wanted to meet him but didnt see him. met alex l and Benny which was nice. ah well he was having a cigarette and me and a mate were in an area outside the building we werent supposed to be in when we saw him. He wasnt too pleased and just wanted some time alone which is fair enough i suppose. Yet to meet him properly in his comfort zone. Yeah i know what you mean with the hero thing! Ive had some awesome times meeting some so its worth taking a chance

Alex R didn't really say much at all, he was trying to get some phone signal, so we chatted about how crap the signal was it was in the academy, how well the gig had gone and generally how much I liked the band. I was pretty drunk, so might have been more, but fair play he put up with my rambellings! Humm somewhere you weren't suppose to be?! The dressing room?!
Back to top Go down
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:31 am

was at a bar last night in my town, someone played 45 on the jukebox thing. it was awesome, all drunk screaming the lyrics with my friends, making asses of ourselves. didnt find out who put it on, it wasnt anyone in my group, id'a bought whoever it was a beer.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:08 am

Alex R didn't really say much at all, he was trying to get some phone signal, so we chatted about how crap the signal was it was in the academy, how well the gig had gone and generally how much I liked the band. I was pretty drunk, so might have been more, but fair play he put up with my rambellings! Humm somewhere you weren't suppose to be?! The dressing room?![/quote]

Haha they do have to put up with a lot with everyone slurring theyre praise at the end! sounds cool though! Na not that bad lol, a private smoking area. We were exploring around the venue and stumbled into there.
Back to top Go down
pjk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
pjk

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 12:31 pm

From their Handwritten album, I've heard it in these places: Las Vegas, NV; Denver, CO; Glasgow, Scotland; Leeds, England

It has got some international attention, that's for sure. Such a great album.
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Walked into Foot Locker as HCMM's music video was on their TV that plays only videos. Pretty random.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4