DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?

Go down 
+52
SevenThreeTwo
bringiton_ty
backseat99
Christophe
Holland
wearenowhere
CasanovaBaby90
virginiasheart
ThisMachineKillsFascists
StitchesOnTheRadio
Jay
Definitely_Josef
HighLonesome
StopAndSlideToTheRight
rsi1991
UK Ellie
tom.TGA.punk
Jack
OllieC
theBasemen
AGoodTime
Gumption
03aarm
TGAforLIFE
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
kayla_tga
gking92
jdc
kirstyt
YouCanCallMeSally
JJW319
drifter69
elliott4296
rem999
DiamondSinatra
HorribleCrowe
The Angry Johnny Revue
Klown
azlisa
Casey
steph
AmSlang59
EveryLittleSecret
Shrewsbury_Stars
NeverTrustAJunkie
RobertODonnell
Philo
plugga
Prisoner
simo
JimmyB
RaquelWaltz
56 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RaquelWaltz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RaquelWaltz

What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Empty
PostSubject: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 4:39 pm

I was in work today (o2 phone shop) and "blue jeans and white T-shirts" came on the shop radio. I would expect maybe "45" to play but not "blue jeans" lol!

Anyone else heard Gaslight in a weird place or at a weird time?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 4:41 pm

45 on a NASCAR promo. I mean I love to see them getting the attention they deserve, it just shocked me.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Not very weird at all but the last show I played the venue played Even Cowgirls Get the Blues before we went on and it was pretty cool.

Other than that, I heard Diamond Street Church Choir at a pizza place once.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 5:05 pm

I heard 45 playing while walking into Subway today.

Weird enough for me
Back to top Go down
RaquelWaltz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RaquelWaltz

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 5:06 pm

I'm getting quite used to 45 playing on Radio 1 nowadays but anything else is a bit "WHOAAA" All good though, they deserve it Laughing
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 5:17 pm

walking past the zoo in berlin the other day, saw a man wearing a gaslight anthem shirt, FREAKED OUT FOR TEN MINUTES.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Over the highlights for the Down Vs. Monaghan GAA match a few weeks back in the pub.

It was real weird because I was wearing my TGA varsity jacket and was trying to explain to a mate who they were and then suddenly '45' was blaring out of the tv. I just sat back in my chair, lifted my glass and simply said 'Dems' lol
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:07 pm

Probably the U.S. Postal Service commercial.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:42 pm

A few weeks ago Marky Ramone played "Drive" on his radio show. I thought the song choice was pretty random!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Few months back, in Gamestop, I was going in to buy a game, and as I picked it out I heard something from Sink or Swim in the store. I looked around and saw the cashier had his iPod playing a playlist of strictly Gaslight. We chatted about the band, the Gaslight Anthemesque Bruce album Wrecking Ball, and Handwritten.

He might've had a TGA hat, can't remember.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:34 pm

For whoever was on the flight with my family today, that flight was probably the weirdest situation that they ever heard a Gaslight song. My one-year-old was freaking out on the flight because she was way over-tired. The only way I could calm her down was to sing "45" to her since she loves that song. The problem was that was the only song she wanted to hear so I had to sing it over and over again.

"And the song keeps on repeating . . ."

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Gaslight Lullabyes! They actually have a Springsteen one that I bought some friends. They seemed to like it as much as their newborns. http://www.amazon.com/Sleepytime-Tunes-Bruce-Springsteen-Lullaby/dp/B001OBBRUQ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
For whoever was on the flight with my family today, that flight was probably the weirdest situation that they ever heard a Gaslight song. My one-year-old was freaking out on the flight because she was way over-tired. The only way I could calm her down was to sing "45" to her since she loves that song. The problem was that was the only song she wanted to hear so I had to sing it over and over again.

"And the song keeps on repeating . . ."

Indeed.

Epic parenting.
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:49 pm

heard 45 as one local radio stations "vote in song of the day" not really weird, but i freaked out and turned the car radio WAY up!

a few summers back driving to the outer banks, some random station near richmond va played Diamond on the radio, and same thing happened, fan boy freak out
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:50 pm

At a local restaurant/bar in an upscale community and Bring It On started playing, followed by American Slang. The crowd was business dads and soccer moms mixed with younger people who still live with their parents in a nice area. I was so stoked that I bought my group a round of drinks.
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:51 pm

plugga wrote:
walking past the zoo in berlin the other day, saw a man wearing a gaslight anthem shirt, FREAKED OUT FOR TEN MINUTES.
Dammit, I have 3 TGA shirts and not a single person has said anything about them. I'm waiting for that ONE person to become my best friend.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:49 am

AmSlang59 wrote:
At a local restaurant/bar in an upscale community and Bring It On started playing, followed by American Slang. The crowd was business dads and soccer moms mixed with younger people who still live with their parents in a nice area. I was so stoked that I bought my group a round of drinks.

where was this place??
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 2:40 am

Right before every commercial break during an AHL (American Hockey League) game, the whole 59' Sound album played on CBC, a Canadian based broadcast. It was really random, hearing the 59' Sound songs throughout a Manitoba Moose regular season hockey game.

Honourable mention goes to hearing them at my old job (West 49, skate shop), pleasant surprise.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:35 am

a venue here before seeing Rooney live. it was random!!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:18 am

Been told they just played a song on Sunday Brunch, a cookery program....

Will try and catch the +1 to see what it was.

EDIT: Mate said they showed the '45' clip.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
RaquelWaltz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RaquelWaltz

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:08 am

Ah I usually watch that! Yep +1 it for sure tongue
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:32 am

It was about 30 seconds long, and apparently they usually play a video before they goto commercials, still, better than no coverage!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
RaquelWaltz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RaquelWaltz

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:34 am

They usually put utter pants on there (but funny stuff) finally they have come to their senses and upped their game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RaquelWaltz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RaquelWaltz

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Heard '45' (without the singing) on the CBBC channel today. For those who don't know what that is its a
Children's tv channel. Teaching them good music when they're young Wink
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Back when I heard the 59 Sound for the first time after seeing it on some music video channel and thinking "wow this certainly stands out" I heard it again on the radio in a restaurant a couple of weeks later after forgetting the name of the song and the band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next