DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a Gaslight Anthem DVD

Go down 
+6
kappanera
'49mercury
StitchesOnTheRadio
JimmyB
The Last Jukebox Romeo
FelixMA
10 posters
AuthorMessage
FelixMA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
FelixMA

a Gaslight Anthem DVD Empty
PostSubject: a Gaslight Anthem DVD   a Gaslight Anthem DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 4:12 pm

I did a quick search of the forum and i could find a thread discussing a dvd. Personally, I think this would be awesome and I think with their elavated presences in the mainstream music world at the moment, we can't be that far away from getting one! If they were to do one though, I think it'd have to have a nice twist to it. The Cribs did a pretty cool DVD which was recorded over a string of shows in a small venue (burdenell social club) and each night they played a different album. I think something like that, filmed in NJ would be awesome for Gaslight Smile obviously, complete with some backstage stuff, interviews etc etc
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: a Gaslight Anthem DVD   a Gaslight Anthem DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 6:47 pm

YES! A DVD would be amazing and i was under the impression that the Terminal 5 shows last year were being filmed for release, might be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: a Gaslight Anthem DVD   a Gaslight Anthem DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 7:26 pm

I thought the Asbury Park show where Bruce joined them was supposed to be the DVD show
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: a Gaslight Anthem DVD   a Gaslight Anthem DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:59 pm

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
YES! A DVD would be amazing and i was under the impression that the Terminal 5 shows last year were being filmed for release, might be wrong though.

I was under that impression too. They wore the same clothes each night, they had cameras (which I imagine was for more than the tv broadcast), and didn't they say at some point that they were filming it for that purpose? I know there's a lot of discussion of it in that thread. But I bet there's good odds we'll see a DVD release in late summer or fall! It'd be awesome if they included interviews and such.
Back to top Go down
'49mercury
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
'49mercury

PostSubject: Re: a Gaslight Anthem DVD   a Gaslight Anthem DVD Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:50 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:

I was under that impression too. They wore the same clothes each night, they had cameras (which I imagine was for more than the tv broadcast), and didn't they say at some point that they were filming it for that purpose? I know there's a lot of discussion of it in that thread. But I bet there's good odds we'll see a DVD release in late summer or fall! It'd be awesome if they included interviews and such.

At the Friday show brian said that one night would be released on dvd
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: a Gaslight Anthem DVD   a Gaslight Anthem DVD Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:45 am

I heard that these will be on the dvd but who knows:
HANDWRITTEN:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow8I9yd4Hu4
HALLOWEEN:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErMGmnG1-pE
ANGRY JOHNNY:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7xFzgEZyL0
BACKSEATS:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAD3sBwPf5o

Awesome performance of Halloween, the other ones (especially backseats) are not super-impressive

EDIT: Ok I totally missed the tour date topic, so my post is pretty useless Smile
Back to top Go down
FelixMA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
FelixMA

PostSubject: Re: a Gaslight Anthem DVD   a Gaslight Anthem DVD Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:06 pm

I'd just like to think that if they did a DVD it would have a bit of a twist to it and isn't just an hour and a bit of them playing a show. Regardless, I'll buy it and watch it until the disc explodes.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: a Gaslight Anthem DVD   a Gaslight Anthem DVD Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:49 am

A live record/DVD + Handwritten short film would be awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a Gaslight Anthem DVD   a Gaslight Anthem DVD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Whatever they release, can we have it on blu-ray please? Cool
Back to top Go down
LiveFastDieOld
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LiveFastDieOld

PostSubject: Re: a Gaslight Anthem DVD   a Gaslight Anthem DVD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 pm

Perhaps there will be clips from the Terminal 5 shows in Every Word Handwritten?
Back to top Go down
No Coder
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
No Coder

PostSubject: Re: a Gaslight Anthem DVD   a Gaslight Anthem DVD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:18 pm

They definitely need a live DVD. When I look in Record Sotres at all the bands that have DVDs out and Gaslight don't it annoys the shit out of me. Some of these bands have had 1 album...Come on boys- get your act together and release something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a Gaslight Anthem DVD   a Gaslight Anthem DVD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:24 pm

bringiton wrote:
A live record/DVD + Handwritten short film would be awesome.

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Italian__Fallon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Italian__Fallon

PostSubject: Re: a Gaslight Anthem DVD   a Gaslight Anthem DVD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:56 pm

I think the time is right to make a dvd. I'm sure they will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a Gaslight Anthem DVD   a Gaslight Anthem DVD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a Gaslight Anthem DVD
Page 1 of 1