DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?

Go down 
+52
SevenThreeTwo
bringiton_ty
backseat99
Christophe
Holland
wearenowhere
CasanovaBaby90
virginiasheart
ThisMachineKillsFascists
StitchesOnTheRadio
Jay
Definitely_Josef
HighLonesome
StopAndSlideToTheRight
rsi1991
UK Ellie
tom.TGA.punk
Jack
OllieC
theBasemen
AGoodTime
Gumption
03aarm
TGAforLIFE
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
kayla_tga
gking92
jdc
kirstyt
YouCanCallMeSally
JJW319
drifter69
elliott4296
rem999
DiamondSinatra
HorribleCrowe
The Angry Johnny Revue
Klown
azlisa
Casey
steph
AmSlang59
EveryLittleSecret
Shrewsbury_Stars
NeverTrustAJunkie
RobertODonnell
Philo
plugga
Prisoner
simo
JimmyB
RaquelWaltz
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
StateOfLoveAndGaslight

What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:54 pm

Just heard 45 as the "going to commercial" song on Monday Night Football!
Back to top Go down
rsi1991
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rsi1991

What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:02 pm

One of my most hated places I heard TGA on was Hot Topic lol, I believe it was The 59' Sound but I cant remember. Most random place is probably in Atlantic City at this really tiny bagel shop.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AsWeGetOlder
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:28 am

Heard Stay Lucky in a Norwegian shopping mall today hahaha!!
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:16 am

I was at a taco shop in southern California and heard Boxer!
Back to top Go down
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:35 am

The weirdest situation - well, you wouldn't want to know ... but a weird place, where I had never even thought about hearing TGA, was a professor's office. The guy is some 60+ years young and had "59 Sound" playing as I walked in. Right on!
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:04 am

StateOfLoveAndGaslight wrote:
Just heard 45 as the "going to commercial" song on Monday Night Football!

I heard that as well. A lot of good bands are getting their stuff played on sporting event coverage now. A bunch of Lucero Songs are used in College football games on ESPN.
Back to top Go down
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:45 am

Good marketing with little effort.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:53 am

I think I've gotten messages from half the people I know in the last few weeks who heard them on the radio or tv or whatnot. I've heard nothing Sad . Glad they're getting out there though!
Back to top Go down
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:56 am

Man, I've heard them on public and commercial radio in France, Germany, Spain and Switzerland. And not just once.
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:49 am

They played Handwritten at my gym the other day. Was a nice little surprise since they mainly have dance music on. We'll, they've played stuff like Green Day and The Killers but I never thought I'd hear Gaslight there.

Also, they played at least three TGA songs at Ullevi before Bruce went on.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:06 pm

"45" on NASCAR. I kid you not.
Back to top Go down
virginiasheart
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
virginiasheart

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:03 am

I also once heard Blue Jeans and White T Shirts on the radio sometime around midnight while I was driving home. I remember I was like a minute away from my apartment but when it came on I went crazy with excitement and kept driving around until the song ended.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:56 pm

I was at the big Banana Republic Store on the Champs Elysées in Paris and "Mae" came on over the store PA!
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:41 pm

Went to a pub with my ex a few weeks back for a drink and "Bring it on" came on. Must have been someone's iPod who worked there.. It was awesome to hear that without having to hit Play myself.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:00 am

Last Saturday night @ Bruce Springsteen concert. Pre-concert music
Back to top Go down
wearenowhere
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
wearenowhere

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:18 am

Heard 'Howl' being played on sky sports last week. Think it was after the champions league games.
Back to top Go down
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 9:02 am

JimmyB wrote:

That isn't overly surprising, is it?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:29 pm

Definitely_Josef wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

It was unexpected,even if Bruce is a fan. I mean There was "Miles Davis and the Cool", and Here's looking at ya kid, just nice and kind of surprising to hear them somewhere other than just on my bose.
Back to top Go down
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:54 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Definitely_Josef wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

It was unexpected,even if Bruce is a fan. I mean There was "Miles Davis and the Cool", and Here's looking at ya kid, just nice and kind of surprising to hear them somewhere other than just on my bose.

True.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:06 pm

Howl was used on a highlights reel after the Man Utd V Chelsea game on Sunday on Sky Sports, that was kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:08 pm

Holland wrote:
Howl was used on a highlights reel after the Man Utd V Chelsea game on Sunday on Sky Sports, that was kinda cool.

Yeah they used it after United's Champions League game last week as well on ITV.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:21 pm

Christophe wrote:
Holland wrote:

Yeah they used it after United's Champions League game last week as well on ITV.

Hmm maybe it was that one that I remember it from then.
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:28 am

On Saturday (24th Nov) I heard the intro to diamond church street choir on Take Me Out, a dating show on ITV in the UK. Very odd to have gaslight playing over the top of some guy telling the ladies on the show why they should pick him to go on a date with!
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 11:19 am

no way!!!! haha on take me out! i am going to watch that on catch up soon as i get back. what a strange choice of music for the type of people who infest that show lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Its an awful programme, but I love it. Some of the girls on there are right meffs though, like they go on a date and then go, 'he likes me too much, i don't like him anymore' odd! Some of the blokes are massive twats too! That itv2 programme behind the scenes is good for making some of them squirm. Must be awful to get a blackout! Anyway back on track, its very short bit of the song, blink and you might miss it, I think its when they are doing the back story to the Hugo guy, before he rides his motorbike! p.s where abouts in Wales are you from?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?   What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the weirdest place/situation you've heard The Gaslight Anthem?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next