DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)

Go down 
+31
'49mercury
StitchesOnTheRadio
EveryLittleSecret
mingus
Vibes
Steve70s
rsj
LuceroDiehard
Holland
Camus
njguy99
TGA30
YouCanCallMeSally
Christophe
Jerseyrain
jeffrey2
simo
jonnyz83
plugga
Bea
B701
big blue
enola
steady now steady now
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
Debonair
eagles1139
TGAforLIFE
Shrewsbury_Stars
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:46 pm

I think everyone here understands the concept of a low key show and why a band would want that. Complaining isn't a sign of disrespecting their wishes; I think it's perfectly understandable to want to express disappointment about missing something like this. Further adding to the irritation is the talking over Brian's performance in the video that was linked. It's like insult to injury.

I don't think posting things said in a private conversation is comparable to telling your friend (on or offline) about an organized Q&A for a specific group of people that's followed by a public performance. I mean, Rolling Stone was there so they wanted some publicity or they wouldn't have been invited to cover it.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:01 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I think everyone here understands the concept of a low key show and why a band would want that. Complaining isn't a sign of disrespecting their wishes; I think it's perfectly understandable to want to express disappointment about missing something like this. Further adding to the irritation is the talking over Brian's performance in the video that was linked. It's like insult to injury.

I don't think posting things said in a private conversation is comparable to telling your friend (on or offline) about an organized Q&A for a specific group of people that's followed by a public performance. I mean, Rolling Stone was there so they wanted some publicity or they wouldn't have been invited to cover it.

I'm not saying people can't complain or feel left out over something, I'm simply stating my view point on how I look at this. Yes, like you guys, I feel disappointed that others were included on this and i wasn't. That they were disrespectful etc. But I'm saying I respect that they wanted to keep this low key, and that i wouldn't of publicized this if i was given the opportunity, from the band, to be apart of something special. Which I'm sure the people invited were asked not to do so. If no such thing was asked of the people then I'll say "what the hell guys! Razz " but I'm pretty sure it was.

And yes it is comparable if the band told you in private about a low key event and then you go and blab about it to the world. And I'm sure they invited these big names in so they can write articles about the q&a. I don't see rolling stones, prior to this show happening, posting that the show was going to happen.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Well to each his own!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:11 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Well to each his own!

Haha, well imagine it this way, if someone had posted on here that this was happening. Imagine how many people would of shown up for this. It would have probably been an insane number, especially since it was a Saturday Razz

I guess to sum it up short and sweet. I understand why people didn't talk about it, because they were asked not to, and i respect that.

Unless you weren't asked to Evil or Very Mad then you're going down Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:55 pm

We all inherently know/understand/respect why things weren't advertised and no one's angry at Rizz/Stars for not telling us about it on here when they found out. But we're still allowed to complain about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:09 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
We all inherently know/understand/respect why things weren't advertised and no one's angry at Rizz/Stars for not telling us about it on here when they found out. But we're still allowed to complain about it Very Happy

(-_-) I never said you couldn't Razz
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:15 am

Also, just to be clear, I was not told that Brian's performance would be opened up to the public. In fact, I was told that the entire thing was going to be closed off. So from my perspective, even if I wanted to break my promise, it would not have resulted in more people getting to see the show.

I realize that no one is expressing animosity towards me personally for not telling them but I also want to add that the only reason I was invited was because the person who got me in trusted me that I would keep my word.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:03 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Also, just to be clear, I was not told that Brian's performance would be opened up to the public. In fact, I was told that the entire thing was going to be closed off. So from my perspective, even if I wanted to break my promise, it would not have resulted in more people getting to see the show.

I realize that no one is expressing animosity towards me personally for not telling them but I also want to add that the only reason I was invited was because the person who got me in trusted me that I would keep my word.

I don't think anyone is mad or upset about not knowing about the concert; at least they shouldn't be. I think we were all just surprised that this secret show was happening. Actually, I think it's kind of cool, and I'm glad that a couple of you guys were lucky enough to go and nice enough to give us all a detailed report. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:52 am

El Jefe put up a few pictures from this on his facebook page if anyone's interested.
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:03 am

From a marketing standpoint, I think this could have been handled better. If they want to showcase Brian and or the band, it is always best to do so to a packed house, with people who are genuine fans. I am sure most of us have been to bar or club shows where the place was half full and much of the crowd was not into the band. When that happens, there is no energy in the room. Compare that to the amount of energy at the December show at convention hall, or at the bowery for the horrible crowes. That is the best way for those in the music industry to get a feel for how amazing the band really is.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:26 pm

http://speakimge.wordpress.com/2012/04/01/brian-fallon-gaslight-anthem-played-an-intimate-set-at-the-press-room-on-saturday-discussed-new-album/

Probably the line of most interest here: "Stay tuned for Red Bull’s exclusive footage of Fallon’s hour-long interview with local journalist Jon Coen and his nine-song performance."
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Exactly Irish. No one here is mad and everyone understands the concept of a private event. That's why I responded the way I did to you Deb- I felt like you were trying to slightly school us when it wasn't necessary. Razz

Stars- that makes me feel better knowing that we get to be part of it at least through video! At the end of the day we just want to hear some news from Brian and see what we missed since we couldn't be there.

Last edited by NeverTrustAJunkie on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:08 am

Taken from the TGA newsletter:

The interview and music set is expected to be broadcast at a future date.  

YAY Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:21 pm

http://speakimge.wordpress.com/2012/04/01/brian-fallon-gaslight-anthem-played-an-intimate-set-at-the-press-room-on-saturday-discussed-new-album/

Saw this today

"crowd-wide sing-alongs"
If by crowd-wide they meant "Most people except those who didn't STFU."
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:03 pm

It was a private show. A lucky few got to see it, the rest of us didn't. It was private for a reason, there will be plenty of bigger shows too where we can all see these songs performed. Anyone who is upset with those that went for not disclosing info are out of order and these people shouldn't be made to feel like people are annoyed. Although we might like to be, we can't all be at every Fallon, Gaslight appearance. I don't care that i didn't know about this show until it happened. Its still cool to read and hear about after.

To those that went. It sounds cool, thanks for feeding back some interesting stuff, glad a couple of DSS members got to see it. How awesome would it be if TGA held a DSS ONLY show!!!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
It was a private show. A lucky few got to see it, the rest of us didn't. It was private for a reason, there will be plenty of bigger shows too where we can all see these songs performed. Anyone who is upset with those that went for not disclosing info are out of order and these people shouldn't be made to feel like people are annoyed. Although we might like to be, we can't all be at every Fallon, Gaslight appearance. I don't care that i didn't know about this show until it happened. Its still cool to read and hear about after.

To those that went. It sounds cool, thanks for feeding back some interesting stuff, glad a couple of DSS members got to see it. How awesome would it be if TGA held a DSS ONLY show!!!

That really would be awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:23 pm

http://vimeo.com/39788008
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Awesome! Thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:17 pm

freaking hilarious
Back to top Go down
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

http://vimeo.com/39788008

Hey Brian,

just in case you'll read this, I am only saying this because I love you: Please get a haircut.
Thanks sunny
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/rubychaos
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:46 pm

cool video, thanks for posting. anyone else think that interviewer looks a little like chuck ragan? or is it just me lol
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Wow - great video! Brian was in rare form.

Part of me is glad I wasn't there because I've been laughing so hard I would have missed a lot of it Smile
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:49 pm

photos:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150757741258217.432207.70898963216
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Is anyone else's Vimeo being weird? It's acting up on my iPod Touch and on this PC. Like, I can hear it but can't watch the video.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:40 pm

YouCanCallMeSally wrote:

Hey Brian,

just in case you'll read this, I am only saying this because I love you: Please get a haircut.
Thanks sunny

Hey Brian,

Just in case you read this, I am only saying this because I love you. Please don't get a haircut. The longer hair looks great!

Thanks! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next