DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |

Go down 
+10
IrishNameAndAnInjury
nebraska
Harbortown
nico0493
Bea
Camus
NeverTrustAJunkie
Klown
Christophe
LuceroDiehard
14 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Empty
PostSubject: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:19 pm

The Gaslight Anthem are retro and they're loving it. “45” is the name of the new single from the band's upcoming album “Handwritten.”

It's a reference, of course, to the RPM of vinyl singles.

“I can't move on and I can't stay the same,” sings Fallon on the track, a driving rocker with guitar hero solo from Alex Rosamilia.

http://goo.gl/tpc2d
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Empty
PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Oh. I was looking forward to 45 different reasons to listen to it. Bit disappointed to be honest geek
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Christophe wrote:
Oh. I was looking forward to 45 different reasons to listen to it. Bit disappointed to be honest geek

Agree

Let's start our own list

1. It's New Gaslight
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:25 pm

2. It's fast
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:29 pm

3. It's like falling in love all over again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:31 pm

4. The lyrics are poetic and powerful.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:32 pm

5. It's a sunny spot on a dreary Tuesday in May.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:32 pm

6. Brian howls at the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Christophe wrote:

That howl is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Camus wrote:
Christophe wrote:

That howl is amazing.

Can't work out if it's WOAW OR YAOW! scratch I need to know for when I am singing along Wink
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:46 pm

7. In an era of MP3s and digital music, it is titled "45" and mentions records and needles and flip sides.

‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Tumblr_lixyymnfJZ1qcfba3o1_500

(i know, i have to stop with all the gifs... one day i will, i promise.)

Last edited by Bea on Tue May 01, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:50 pm

8. It brings back memories of Sink or Swim.
Back to top Go down
nico0493
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
nico0493

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:51 pm

9. Benny's drums sound AMAZING !

Last edited by nico0493 on Tue May 01, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:04 pm

10. It has the word 'ghost' in it.

Last edited by Christophe on Tue May 01, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Could the previous posters please change their post numbers to 9 and 10 respectively?
Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Could the previous posters please change their post numbers to 9 and 10 respectively?
Thank you.

Eyes of a hawk Harbortown. Consider mine changed.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:27 pm

Nice! I just get nervous about those things. Anyway...

11. It has an actual guitar solo.
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:21 pm

12. the hot water music "better sense" reference Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:31 pm

13. The chorus is unbelievably catchy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:35 pm

14 The Guitar has a sound that is different than previous Gaslight tunes...or at least a different Amp setting.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:46 pm

15. The line "I can't move on and I can't stay the same." I think it shows that they are trying to evolve as a band but stay true to their roots as well, a delicate balance that I believe they have achieved so far with this song.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 4:58 am

I really think 45 would have fitted perfectly on AS.

The track is a real grower.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:09 am

16. Its anthemic
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
clemsn78
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:52 am

17. Brian's does not say anything about "like a tomb". Hopefully he keeps that one locked up for this album, he's used it quite a bit (not that i don't love it!)
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:24 pm

18. It gets better and better with every listen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |   ‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ | Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

‘45’ reasons to listen to new Gaslight Anthem single | The Asbury Park Press NJ |
Page 1 of 1