DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos

Go down 
+23
MKULTRA
Bea
MariaCasanova
loazis
Atlantis
IKeeptheDiner
plugga
Harbortown
Debonair
acousticbandit
Sally
StopAndSlideToTheRight
J.B.R.
riversedge
Shrewsbury_Stars
TGAFAN25
40 Miler
steffuhnee
Gaslight23
Jerseyrain
steady now steady now
NeverTrustAJunkie
enola
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 5:32 pm

another good set of photos

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.173409709400948

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 314464_10150804258205271_828475270_20997851_2090605234_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 5:49 pm

OK my review is up for the masses:
http://www.examiner.com/concert-in-new-york/concert-review-the-horrible-crowes-at-bowery-ballroom

Just so I don't feel self-centered, here's another review from the Bowery's site: http://houselist.bowerypresents.com/2011/09/09/the-live-debut-of-the-horrible-crowes/

LOL @ no refunds! That was too funny. My face actually hurt too- from laughing!

Here are the rest of my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/sets/72157627508658197/with/6131210924/
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Blue tie, red hat, yellow guitar?

Oh Brian....
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Man, just from watching the videos I get epic vibes. I can only imagine how insanely amazing it must have been to actually be there.

So outrageously good.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 2:23 am

Another review:
http://theaudioperv.com/2011/09/09/the-horrible-crowes-make-their-debut-last-night-at-bowery-ballroom-reviewphotos/
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:14 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
OK my review is up for the masses:
http://www.examiner.com/concert-in-new-york/concert-review-the-horrible-crowes-at-bowery-ballroom

Fantastic review and amazing pics! Did you have a photo pass or did you take them right out of the audience?
I cannot say often enough, how much I wanted to be there. Somehow all the videos, pictures and reviews help but sometimes I just wanna turn back time and buy that plane ticket!
So, Revival Tour shows .. roll on!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 4:04 am

Since I write for Examiner, I was able to get a photo pass (as a member of the press) Smile
Back to top Go down
MariaCasanova
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MariaCasanova

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:30 pm

riversedge wrote:
Cheers guys

How Tom waitsy does brian look btw
Oh man that was my first thought

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Brian
THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 TomWaits

and I love every bit of it!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Eh. Tom Waits was probably inspired by someone else's look too so it's all good Wink

Yes! Just saw that someone uploaded the whole Never Tear Us Apart cover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsCGdctMeYw

Guitar solo was awesome.

Last edited by NeverTrustAJunkie on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Found more complete videos
Teenage dream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h0nn2oQ41k&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Blood Loss incl banter Smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVXV8VGoCpo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 6:54 pm

I love the Tom waits look Wink
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 7:54 pm

don't know if it's been said before, but how was the crowd? was everybody wearing nice suits and dresses or good old t-shirts and jeans?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Quote :
don't know if it's been said before, but how was the crowd? was everybody wearing nice suits and dresses or good old t-shirts and jeans?

Just old t-shirts and jeans mainly, Kirk had a cool white bowtie going on though
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:01 pm

well that's disappointing, it would've been awesome if the whole crowd dressed up Razz
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm considering going to the LA show in a dress shirt, suspenders and flat cap.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:56 pm

For some strange reason I really, really like Katy Perry and I listen to her quite a bit. I don't listen to any other pop like that and friends of mine have been giving me shit for it for months now but for some reason I think she's cool (aside from being pretty damn hot). Imagine the smile on my face when I find out that Brian, my musical hero, tells a crowd, probably filled with haters, that he loves her and proceeds to play a kick-ass cover of Teenage Dream.

I like this guy.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:02 pm

loazis wrote:
For some strange reason I really, really like Katy Perry and I listen to her quite a bit. I don't listen to any other pop like that and friends of mine have been giving me shit for it for months now but for some reason I think she's cool (aside from being pretty damn hot). Imagine the smile on my face when I find out that Brian, my musical hero, tells a crowd, probably filled with haters, that he loves her and proceeds to play a kick-ass cover of Teenage Dream.

I like this guy.

what is amazing to me is how brian can take a bubblegum pop song and infuse it with so much passion as if to make it his own. this is more evident in the live session video, but just thought i'd mention it.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:07 pm

loazis wrote:

I like this guy.

He definitely did not say that he likes her. He said he likes her husband and thought Teenage Dream was a good song. Brian has actually had some pretty harsh words for her in the past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=vR4rXxgH1Ko

You can't take away from her that she's very very good at what she does.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
loazis wrote:

I like this guy.

He definitely did not say that he likes her. He said he likes her husband and thought Teenage Dream was a good song. Brian has actually had some pretty harsh words for her in the past:

You can.

She's a terrible live singer.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Quote :
You can.

Hey to each their own, look at it this way she's famous, your not Razz
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Well, fame isn't always about talent...?

Whatever! Like you say, to each their own. But for sure THC's version of Teenage Dream works for me whereas the original just makes me shut off the radio.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
loazis wrote:

I like this guy.

Ah sorry, I read somewhere that he did say so, must have read wrong : )

Well, the fact that they covered the song was funny enough to me ^^
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Debonair wrote:
Quote :
You can.

Yeah but at least I can sing!
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Quote :
You can.

Yeah but at least I can sing!
Her MTV Unplugged sessions are pretty good actually.

Just for the record, I'm not saying I think she's the greatest thing that happened to music. It's just that if I am in the mood for some light-hearted sugary musical snack I like to listen to her.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Just to clarify, I don'tlike her (I also haven't really listened to anything so who know, but probly not)

My point was someone likes them because their famous

So to each their own
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next