DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08 Empty
PostSubject: Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08   Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:46 pm

I was able to get a couple videos of the show. Not super great but not bad either. Sorry if you can hear me singing, even acoustic, I can't sit still and not sing. Music moves me. Anyway.......the 8 hour trip in the wonderful snow sleet and freezing rain was well worth it.

www.youtube.com/cbtvids

I have one more video to load, Jesse's last song where he had members of the other bands that performed that night, perform with him.....including Brian. I'll post that later.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08   Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:00 pm

wow i totally forgot about this. been waiting for River's Edge acoustic. really good performance. i'll get to ripping it right away. what else did he play?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08   Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:29 pm

damn dude, brian was PISSED OFF during OWL. thanks for recording these btw. audio coming in like 10 minutes
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08   Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:37 pm

Code:
Brian Fallon - Meet Me By the River's Edge - http://www.mediafire.com/?4knkmn4zrng
Brian Fallon - GE and OWL - http://www.mediafire.com/?qm3ez3mzdmr
triple post
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08   Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:08 pm

thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08   Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:06 pm

I knew someone would ask what songs he played, I can't remember. He played all TGA songs though, with the exception of the last song, that was a cover. And I don't think he was pissed off at all. I think he's just very passionate about what he does, I think that is what makes his/their music feel so good- he delivers feeling with every song, that we (the audience) can feel. That's what I find so addicting about their music. If any of you have the opportunity to see one of his acoustic shows, go. I think there is more to a performance then just the songs- it's how the band delivers the songs and how they speak to and interact with the crowd. I like the short stories- the silly comments and shout-outs that some bands do. It makes the show more personal, almost gives you a means to connect. It's special. Brian/TGA does that, and I thank them. A band is so much more than just the music you hear, to me anyway.

Jesse Malin was pretty great to, I would for sure go see him again.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08   Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:03 am

i don't think he was actually pissed, just he seemed really nervous during Great Expectations, then he just sort of yelled the verses and looked angry. it was different and intense. any idea what the cover was?
Back to top Go down
PatientFabiWheel
A Contender
A Contender
PatientFabiWheel

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08   Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 9:53 am

Awesome....I like the way he sounds during OWL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08   Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon's acoustic show at Bowery Ballroom, NYC 12/19/08
Page 1 of 1