DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos

Go down 
+23
MKULTRA
Bea
MariaCasanova
loazis
Atlantis
IKeeptheDiner
plugga
Harbortown
Debonair
acousticbandit
Sally
StopAndSlideToTheRight
J.B.R.
riversedge
Shrewsbury_Stars
TGAFAN25
40 Miler
steffuhnee
Gaslight23
Jerseyrain
steady now steady now
NeverTrustAJunkie
enola
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:33 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I think the set was the whole album plus the two covers if I remember correctly.

that is what I remember.

Oh and by the way, I'm not sure if the two guys I met from new brunswick post here, but it was nice to meet you. We stood next to you at the show (red gaslight shirt and the other kid had a white shirt on) and then ran into each other leaving the train.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Cheers guys

How Tom waitsy does brian look btw
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:07 pm

Hahahhahaa.

"Why am I wearing a suit?

Because it looks awesome"

Brian's the man.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:09 pm

I hope I wasn't too close for your liking! The only picture I took all night!

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Photo_12
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:11 pm

awesome picture
Back to top Go down
Sally
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:13 pm

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Tumblr_lr8s66Efh21qdy56ro1_500

The setlist Smile

It was an absolutely amazing show. I loved how so many people knew the words even though the album only came out three days ago. It was completely worth the twenty hours I spent getting to New York. I got to talk to Brian for a while after the show (and I really appreciate how he talks to every single person waiting), so that was awesome. Also talked to Ian about how I got the setlist and how it was usually his job, hah.
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:15 pm

How in the world did you get that? - Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sally
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:21 pm

J.B.R. wrote:
How in the world did you get that? - Amazing.
I was in front of the amp on the right side of the stage, so the instant the show was over, I reached over and grabbed it. I honestly felt like kind of a douche for doing that because the Canadian in me prefers to politely ask for things, but there was this other guy trying to get it at the same time (who then got really pissed off at me and accused me of stealing it from him) and I really wanted a setlist, hah.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:23 pm

J.B.R. wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I think the set was the whole album plus the two covers if I remember correctly.

that is what I remember.

Oh and by the way, I'm not sure if the two guys I met from new brunswick post here, but it was nice to meet you. We stood next to you at the show (red gaslight shirt and the other kid had a white shirt on) and then ran into each other leaving the train.

good thing you wore your gaslight shirt, i'm sure no one would have known you like them... Razz
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:25 pm

acousticbandit wrote:
J.B.R. wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

that is what I remember.

good thing you wore your gaslight shirt, i'm sure no one would have known you like them... Razz

Nope, I dressed up for the occasion. I posted a "sneak preview" of my Cherry Blossom pocket square on the previous page.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:29 pm

J.B.R. wrote:
acousticbandit wrote:
J.B.R. wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

that is what I remember.

Nope, I dressed up for the occasion. I posted a "sneak preview" of my Cherry Blossom pocket square on the previous page.

ooo i missed that. nice touch!! classy!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:39 pm

J.B.R. wrote:
awesome picture

it is!

did Brian borrow that Fender from the other NJ guy, as I've never seen him with one that worn?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:44 pm

ace Bowery photos by our very own 'NeverTrustAJunkie'

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10150371758746495.405669.521306494

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 299262_10150371759241495_521306494_9912587_1839897841_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:45 pm

I'm really tired and I just got home so I'm going to fall asleep because I got work in the soon

Show was,um.....hmmmm.....wellll....kinda.....uh...... well I'll just say amazing but that doesn't cover it

I was front row and it was such a personal show

For people there I was the guy who

Shouted 'this is awesome, to which Alex responded ,yeah it is
Got Brian talk about his wife
Have them make the song on the spot
Told Ian that he had a cool hat, and asked if he speaks
Get Ian(along with my brother) to speak

Also I shouted to Brian that he was seeds of gold, during the apple reference, to which he chuckled,
and told him the internet loves him

Even though I didn't get to meet him, I talked to him alot Very Happy

Great meeting Ryan(def have To go to a show together again) and paul

Longer recount coming later, way to tired now
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Fuuuuuuuuuck. Seeing that Behold the hurricane video means I might have to see them. It seems like pure god damn magic.

The kind of show that makes you dance, that makes you cry but laugh between your tears. DAMN IT.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:39 pm

mary ann sounds so awesome, god!! I hope someone recorded the whole thing because I am dying here haha
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:10 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
ace Bowery photos by our very own 'NeverTrustAJunkie'

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10150371758746495.405669.521306494

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 299262_10150371759241495_521306494_9912587_1839897841_n

Woah! This is an AMAZING picture!!!
Also the hirt is really nice! I hope there will be some left for the Revival tour Smile

Although it was already said: it sounded like a really magical night and I wish I was there. so thanks to all the great people on this forum for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:24 pm

plugga wrote:
mary ann sounds so awesome, god!! I hope someone recorded the whole thing because I am dying here haha

The performance was incredibly powerful
Back to top Go down
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:28 pm

So far we have 5 full vids on youtube of the 14 songs. Hopefully we can get the full set.

Last edited by Staylucky43 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:32 pm

i wanted to cry during the inxs cover. my face hurt. from being melted on the spot by hans solo that is.......
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:27 pm

Debonair wrote:
I'm really tired and I just got home so I'm going to fall asleep because I got work in the soon

Show was,um.....hmmmm.....wellll....kinda.....uh...... well I'll just say amazing but that doesn't cover it

I was front row and it was such a personal show

For people there I was the guy who

Shouted 'this is awesome, to which Alex responded ,yeah it is
Got Brian talk about his wife
Have them make the song on the spot
Told Ian that he had a cool hat, and asked if he speaks
Get Ian(along with my brother) to speak

Also I shouted to Brian that he was seeds of gold, during the apple reference, to which he chuckled,
and told him the internet loves him

Even though I didn't get to meet him, I talked to him alot Very Happy

Great meeting Ryan(def have To go to a show together again) and paul

Longer recount coming later, way to tired now

No refuuuuuunds.. No refunds!
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:28 pm

plugga wrote:

Mary Ann and Behold the Hurricane were the highlights of my night.. And Teenage Dream...
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:33 pm

you guys are all posting from the bowery ballroom still right? brian said we can't leave. i don't see anybody else, where you guys hiding?
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:58 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
you guys are all posting from the bowery ballroom still right? brian said we can't leave. i don't see anybody else, where you guys hiding?

OH NO WHAT HAVE I DONE?!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Quote :
IKeeptheDiner wrote: you guys are all posting from the bowery ballroom still right? brian said we can't leave. i don't see anybody else, where you guys hiding?

OH NO WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

I just stowed away in his guitar case , that way he never dies Very Happy ............ I hope the cops believe that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next