DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UK Tour Discussion.

Go down 
+25
brick
ktp
stephendgaf
Palmer89
ilockyer
Chris
Jukebox Romeo
Jemma
fools_gold
carson
dolan
Refused
isthisreal
Offspringchaz
mark_275
Shipyards
JadedGoober7
CynicRomantic
The Major
JoshRaymond
e7c
kieran
Snap
rosstbh
Stalls_Standing
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:26 am

Snap wrote:

also shame FCM didn't make it, was looking forward to seeing those guys.

I was also gutted they didn't show up to play, In Glasgow they weren't really firing on all cylinders, but in Manchester they were really good, saying that TGA were gonna cup their balls backstage and stuff. Spoke to the FCM guitarist at the gig , he said they got into London at 530 but got lost driving aroung London roads.

I thought the best gig of all was Manchester, that one had the lot every band played really really well, plus TGA played Once upon a Time.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 9:53 am

That was really special that they played Once Upon A Time
Back to top Go down
mark_275
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mark_275

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:26 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:
Met a couple of TGA-forum'ers, who need to start posting!

Hi! awesome show, unfortunatley i was quite drunk and its a bit of a blur now, also we were near the back, so only just caught a glimpse of brian and saw noone else. Sad

bumped into stalls_standing after the show, who said to start posting so here i am lol

roll on february!
Back to top Go down
Offspringchaz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Offspringchaz

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:11 pm

mark_275 wrote:
Stalls_Standing wrote:
Met a couple of TGA-forum'ers, who need to start posting!

Hi! awesome show, unfortunatley i was quite drunk and its a bit of a blur now, also we were near the back, so only just caught a glimpse of brian and saw noone else. Sad

bumped into stalls_standing after the show, who said to start posting so here i am lol

roll on february!

UR SUCH A PISSHEAD! LOL

p.s dunno why im saying this when i cant remember a thing we did that night
Back to top Go down
isthisreal
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 9:33 pm

Apparently the Birmingham show is sold out. If this is true, I'll cry and cry until tickets come up on eBay/i mug an old lady for them/I attempt to sneak in.
Back to top Go down
mark_275
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mark_275

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 9:37 pm

Wow february tickets selling out already?! i really can't afford any till after xmas.

Hope there's still some left. Sad
Back to top Go down
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 9:38 pm

Still tickets for Birmingham on seetickets!
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com
mark_275
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mark_275

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 9:41 pm

Phew! Smile I'm hoping to get tickets for birmingham, brighton, nottingham and london but if moneys tight, might have to just pick 2.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:01 pm

I might well borrow the money of the rents to get my Portsmouth ticket. I love being a poor student!
Back to top Go down
rosstbh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rosstbh

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:47 pm

Can anyone remember the Manchester setlist? From what I can remember we only got like three SoS songs but I want to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 7:14 pm

We got We Came To Dance, I Could Have Been A Contender, I'd Called You Woody Joe, Angry Johnny and The Radio.

So yeah we got 4 in Manchester, then 2 from S&Q and the rest 59 Sound.
Back to top Go down
rosstbh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rosstbh

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:10 am

Cheers, that's what I thought. So horrendously shit Sad

Roadhouse was MILES better.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:16 am

I don't shit is a fair term. They were really good. Nothing ever beats 'that' first gig though does it!
Back to top Go down
rosstbh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rosstbh

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:33 am

Yeah, they were still good but the setlist was shit compared to the first time. Plus the asshole crowd ruined it a bit.

Can't believe they've been to Manchester twice and still not played "Boomboxes..." It's one of my favourite songs Sad
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 10:02 am

Nothing will ever beet that ULU show that was something special.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 10:30 am

It's alright man, I'm only bleeding man
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:29 pm

rosstbh wrote:
the asshole crowd ruined it a bit.

I went to Manchester and thought it was by far the best gig of the tour, crowd didn't seem too rowdy! I met up with the Major there and he said it was in his top 10 gigs of all times......and he's seen the Clash in 78.

I thought the Roadhouse crowd was worse. Full of those selfish idiotic people who just have to wear their backpacks and keep turning around and clattering people with them. Who absolutely NEEDS to wear a backpack at a gig???? Theres a cloakroom for anything like that.

Whoops rant over.
Back to top Go down
mark_275
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mark_275

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:31 pm

So last time in manchester they played i'm on fire, now once upon a time.. favouritism?!
I'm thinking i need to see them next time they play manchester lol
Back to top Go down
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 10:26 pm

mark_275 wrote:
So last time in manchester they played i'm on fire, now once upon a time.. favouritism?!
I'm thinking i need to see them next time they play manchester lol

Could be because of Brian's dad being from Manchester!
They always seem to play the best set at London, but that's shitty music industry politics I guess - gotta look your best in front of the media.
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com
The Major
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 6:21 pm

JadedGoober7 wrote:

I went to Manchester and thought it was by far the best gig of the tour, crowd didn't seem too rowdy! I met up with the Major there and he said it was in his top 10 gigs of all times......and he's seen the Clash in 78.

I thought the Roadhouse crowd was worse. Full of those selfish idiotic people who just have to wear their backpacks and keep turning around and clattering people with them. Who absolutely NEEDS to wear a backpack at a gig???? Theres a cloakroom for anything like that.

Whoops rant over.

Manchester made my Top 20 of all time...not the top 10...cracking gig though...great crowd and the band really looked as if they enjoyed themselves...easily the best show I've been to this year...

What do people keep in their backpacks...sandwiches and bottled water for the apres gig picnic ?...it's always baffled me
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 6:23 am

Well sometimes when I travel to London from Plymouth I need a bag but admittedly I usually check it in to the cloak room.

Also when I was working doing photography I would stay and watch the show with my camera rucksack. So there are some legit reasons.
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 3:09 pm

The Major wrote:

Manchester made my Top 20 of all time...not the top 10...cracking gig though...great crowd and the band really looked as if they enjoyed themselves...easily the best show I've been to this year...

What do people keep in their backpacks...sandwiches and bottled water for the apres gig picnic ?...it's always baffled me

dude you're alive. wow went radio silent for a while didn't ya???

Holiday?
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:51 pm

I'm also back, my PC got owned by the Blue Screen of Death. But I'm back fresh, with a ticket for Sherherds Bush and a ticket for the Norwich date. Bring it on.
Back to top Go down
The Major
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:56 pm

JadedGoober7 wrote:

dude you're alive. wow went radio silent for a while didn't ya???

Holiday?

Yeah...went away on the sunday after the London gig and didn't get back until the tuesday before christmas...was the dvd ok ?

Which dates are you doing on the next tour...I'm just doing Brum and Manchester...the train fare for London is putting me off the Shepherds Bush gig- £40...mega expensive
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:51 pm

Cool, got tix for Brum, gonna try do Manchester for the hat trick , I'd love to do one more but finances and my girlsfriends little boy can hinder such things.

Where is this link to your video website thing ...really wanna look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UK Tour Discussion.
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next