DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour

Go down 
+19
The Last Jukebox Romeo
zerb012345
Rizz
njguy99
azlisa
Definitely_Josef
NYYFAN523
Krusimo
madsmom
Jerseyrain
bringiton_ty
LuceroDiehard
enola
Jack
Ghost
'49mercury
matkins
StitchesOnTheRadio
Zach_Edelman
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Empty
PostSubject: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 7:58 pm

So, after going to the last 6 shows in a row (Philly, 3 NYC, 2 DC) I have 2 huge bits of information that you guys are all gonna flip a shit about...
According to Benny, the next US tour will be late February through March!!! (CANT FUCKING WAIT)
and...
According to Brian and Ian there will be a new Horrible Crowes record AND TOUR next year!

This past week has been unbelievably amazing for me. I've had a ton of fun, and met some truly wonderful people!

To recap, here are a list of highlights from this week for me:
-Became very close with Ian and on a first name and hug basis. We talked after every single show for quite some time, and he's such a cool guy!
-Got a setlist from 3 of the shows.
-Got a drumstick from 2 shows.
-My friend got a drum-head from Brad.
-Talked to Andy Diamond a bit about booking my band for more shows (he's already booked us for some at a local venue). He told us he really digs our sound and wants to 'get behind us.' Who knows what that means? We just recorded a new album on Thurs, Fri, & Sat (I left to go to the Gaslight shows in NYC), and I gave some copies to Ian, Brian, and Benny. They said they'd check it out as well. We haven't put it out yet, but our older stuff is in my signature.
-Became close with the main roadie (Tony - with the fedora, short hair, medium height). We'd talked after a bunch of the shows, and he knew I wasn't going to the final DC show because I couldn't get a ticket. Then on Sunday night he had me put on the guest list for the final show! He's such a nice guy also!

Last edited by yankeefan6493 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Dude that's sick.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

yankeefan6493 wrote:
So, after going to the last 6 shows in a row (Philly, 3 NYC, 2 DC) I have 2 huge bits of information that you guys are all gonna flip a shit about...
According to Benny, the next US tour will be late February through March!!! (CANT FUCKING WAIT)
and...
According to Brian and Ian there will be a new Horrible Crowes record AND TOUR next year!
You are a lucky guy! I had heard they were only taking time off through mid February, so this definately fits. I bet Ian and Brian were taking advantage of so much time on the road together. Yay!! bounce bounce Very Happy Now I just have to calm myself and wait for US dates to be announced.....
I bet that Festival shows get announced earlier since there is so much planning involved and they are scheduled so far in advance. I could be wrong, but just my guess.

Last edited by Debonair on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : This didn't clarify the text that I was copying)
Back to top Go down
'49mercury
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
'49mercury

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Really glad to hear there's more US shows coming and another Horrible Crowes record. I loved Elsie so much i named my car after it
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 7:01 am

So happy to hear about a new Crowes record. I was worried a little while back on twitter when he said he was recording songs, but 'no Crowes'. Personally think Elsie is better then Handwritten, so this makes me happy Smile.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 10:20 am

Hopefully he makes an incredibly dour record with the Crowes, we all love that, and then he gets a bit more whimsical for the next Gaslight record. Or at least optimistic, lyrically speaking. I do love Handwritten, though, don't get me wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 10:47 am

If there will really be a THC tour I would even consider to go to the States to finally see a full show!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:05 am

enola wrote:
If there will really be a THC tour I would even consider to go to the States to finally see a full show!

Ich werde dich dort treffen
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:31 am

Wow im so excited at the prospect of a THC tour! Very Happy Though i have mixed feelings about another record. Dont get me wrong id love to hear some new stuff its just that Elsie was literally.... perfect. It will be near impossible to top that album. Cool story too mate sounds like you made some good friends!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 am

Yankeefan. Your information is good (thanks!), your pictures with Ian are good and good news for your band. Im pleased for you and wish you well, but your signature is absolutely ridiculous it takes up half the thread. Why not post those pictures in the relevant tour thread?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
madsmom
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
madsmom

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:33 pm

About time for that US TOUR !!!!
Back to top Go down
Krusimo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Krusimo

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Mhm I would really welcome a second THC-album, but sounds a little bit mysterious to me. Brian said in one of the latest interview in a german magazine, that there won´t be a THC-record/shows anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthemfans.de
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Zottel wrote:
Mhm I would really welcome a second THC-album, but sounds a little bit mysterious to me. Brian said in one of the latest interview in a german magazine, that there won´t be a THC-record/shows anymore.
Ian has been saying the same thing. Then on the last night Brian said it out of nowhere. We don't even ask! Maybe they were trying to keep it secret. Like I said Ian smirked when I called him out on it!
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:07 pm

cool photos!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Krusimo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Krusimo

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:14 pm

Ok...then let´s see what happens and keep our fingers crossed Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthemfans.de
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:11 am

yankeefan6493 wrote:
Talked to Andy Diamond a bit about booking my band for more shows (he's already booked us for some at a local venue)

That is awesome! You gave me and my friend your band's cd after we all met Brian and Alex after the Asbury Show around this time last year. Does local for you guys mean central NJ?
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:03 am

Right on! Thank you for sharing Yankeefan.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:19 am

Just saw your info post on Tumblr and came here to be excited. US tour!!! cannot wait for the dates!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:19 am

awesome! But as far as the tour goes - we know they're going to be in the UK starting mid-March. So I wonder what kind of sched they might do in this country for February into March...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:06 pm

I'm betting it'll be like the one month US tour they did over the summer. Then they gotta go running off to Europe for 2 or more. They've got festivals booked out there in June after all.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:10 pm

Looks like Gaslight is really following in Bruce footsteps playing overseas. You people across the pond sure get a lot of shows!
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:45 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I'm betting it'll be like the one month US tour they did over the summer. Then they gotta go running off to Europe for 2 or more. They've got festivals booked out there in June after all.

It seems like dates would need to be announce fairly soon for US shows *if* there are any for mid February and March. As much as I hope this is true, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much in case something happens and they don't tour during this time. I'm already trying not to resent the band for their lack of US touring. I can't imagine they would have ever said anything about a tour if it wasn't true, but how does the band handle a response if it isn't correct or if something falls through while planning dates? I guess they can always just not respond. Hopefully they will have picked up on the fact that many of us desparately want some US shows. I keep reminding myself that Mercury is probably the one pushing for the European festival shows. Plus, the guys really seem to enjoy them and it is such a good way to reach more potential fans.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 3:14 pm

yankeefan6493 wrote:
and...

This past week has been unbelievably amazing for me. I've had a ton of fun, and met some truly wonderful people!

To recap, here are a list of highlights from this week for me:
-Became very close with Ian and on a first name and hug basis. We talked after every single show for quite some time, and he's such a cool guy!
-Got a setlist from 3 of the shows.
-Got a drumstick from 2 shows.
-My friend got a drum-head from Brad.
-Talked to Andy Diamond a bit about booking my band for more shows (he's already booked us for some at a local venue). He told us he really digs our sound and wants to 'get behind us.' Who knows what that means? We just recorded a new album on Thurs, Fri, & Sat (I left to go to the Gaslight shows in NYC), and I gave some copies to Ian, Brian, and Benny. They said they'd check it out as well. We haven't put it out yet, but our older stuff is in my signature.
-Became close with the main roadie (Tony - with the fedora, short hair, medium height). We'd talked after a bunch of the shows, and he knew I wasn't going to the final DC show because I couldn't get a ticket. Then on Sunday night he had me put on the guest list for the final show! He's such a nice guy also!
On the side one dummy fall sampler they make mention of an album called "More Gain More Volume; Live at the Troubadour" Could this be the album they are speaking of? (It also said "coming in winter 2012" but that wont happen.)
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 6:20 pm

This is amazing news! Elsie was such a beautiful, perfect album and anything Brian and Ian decide to put out can only be great. I have complete faith that this album will be brilliant.

One question though, It will be on Side One Dummy right?
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 8:18 pm

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:

One question though, It will be on Side One Dummy right?

I came here wondering the same question. I would bet that it wouldn't but that is nothing but speculation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour   Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tour 2013/New Horrible Crowes Record & Recap of this tour
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next