DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UK Tour Discussion.

Go down 
+25
brick
ktp
stephendgaf
Palmer89
ilockyer
Chris
Jukebox Romeo
Jemma
fools_gold
carson
dolan
Refused
isthisreal
Offspringchaz
mark_275
Shipyards
JadedGoober7
CynicRomantic
The Major
JoshRaymond
e7c
kieran
Snap
rosstbh
Stalls_Standing
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
fools_gold
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:36 pm

Not that bad. It looks a bit short on paper. They always seem to play a longer set in London.

Might do since they're playing to 2000 people.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:38 pm

2400 I think! You coming to watch the football first?
Back to top Go down
The Major
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:58 am

dolan wrote:
Birmingham was great, picked up the polar bear CD, and wish i had enough for the frank turner one as loved both of them, my brother met frank turner, and goose from polar bear club
got the setlist for TGA
Great Expectations
Patient Ferris wheel
Wooderson
We Came To Dance
Film Noir
'59 Sound
Miles Davis
Joe
Lincoln
Blue Jeans
High Lonesome
Boomboxes
Backseats
State Of Love And Trust
Say I Won't
was at the front near Alex Levine, and for some parts in the small mosh that opened up there, was great

It was a great show...but there were a few arseholes in the crowd which ruined it a little...and was very surprised to hear them play Boomboxes

good to see my old mate JadedGoober7 there although I missed the pre-gig meet up in Scruffy's...late as usual

Went to Manchester on Wednesday which was a better crowd but injured my foot there...currently unable to walk which means I may now miss the London show on sunday
Back to top Go down
fools_gold
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:09 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:

I'm fairly sure I can. Its an early kick off so I might still be at band practice for that. If not I can be there for second half.

I'll be there a while before doors open. You coming any other dates on the tour?
Back to top Go down
bcfcgaz

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:11 am

Bristol was quality last nite, i took me bout 2 hours to get home last nite tho coz the damn snow was comin down everywhere and we nearly got stuck. Still good times! Smile
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:30 am

Glad you got home alright though! Hope it was worth it!

fools_gold wrote:
Stalls_Standing wrote:

I'm fairly sure I can. Its an early kick off so I might still be at band practice for that. If not I can be there for second half.

I'll be there a while before doors open. You coming any other dates on the tour?

I'm heading to the Norwich date on March 2nd. With about 15 other people, 19th Birthday parties for the win!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:31 pm

bcfcgaz wrote:
Bristol was quality last nite, i took me bout 2 hours to get home last nite tho coz the damn snow was comin down everywhere and we nearly got stuck. Still good times! Smile

I stayed in Bristol last night with my mates that live there and we went out pelting cars with snow :p

Set list for last night (which I have in my hand) interestingly drive is written down for before say I wont plus they also played Wherefore art thou somewhere but it isnt written on the set list

Great Expectations
Senor
Lincoln
Ferris
Casanova
59 Soound
High Lonsome
We came to Dance
Film Noir
Miles Davis
Heres lookin
Blue Jeans
BOOMBOXES Very Happy
Backseat
Pearl Jam cover
Woody
Say I wont

Last edited by kieran on Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bcfcgaz

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:29 pm

I can't remember the full setlist but I'm pretty sure they played every song off the 59 sound!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:47 pm

bcfcgaz wrote:
I can't remember the full setlist but I'm pretty sure they played every song off the 59 sound!

Nah didn't play cowgirls get the blues.
Back to top Go down
ilockyer
A Contender
A Contender
ilockyer

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:27 pm

Pearl Jam cover was State Of Love And Trust.

They also played I'da Called You Woody, Joe between that and Say I Won't.

Thoroughly
enjoyed my first Gaslight Anthem show, seriously tempted although skint
to make Shepherds Bush and then Nottingham in March. Work on 5 hours
sleep after a long train journey back to Devon shouldn't be a problem!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:42 pm

Shit how could I forget that shall edit my post!

Bah tell me about it though. Trains back to Devon are a pain in the arse. Night train from London is always full of shall we say interesting characters.
Back to top Go down
ilockyer
A Contender
A Contender
ilockyer

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:36 am

But at least we still have the night train home! They keep trying to take it away... without it Id have missed so many great shows!

Think I might have to use it again tomorrow, £40 train fare and £15 for the ticket isn't too bad, would've been cheaper if I'd booked the train earlier though.
Back to top Go down
fools_gold
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Tube from North London to London Bridge and back
Train from London Bridge to Brighton
Taxi from station to Concorde 2 and back
Fish and chips after gig

came to under £30.
I am very impressed.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:30 pm

ilockyer wrote:
But at least we still have the night train home! They keep trying to take it away... without it Id have missed so many great shows!

Think I might have to use it again tomorrow, £40 train fare and £15 for the ticket isn't too bad, would've been cheaper if I'd booked the train earlier though.

Yeah you can get it for like 30 quid in advanced and if you have a rail card you can do even better!
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:46 pm

They definatly played Cowgirls Get The Blues...almost 100% sure...I think. Neutral

Awesome gig in Bristol, 3rd time i've seen them now after Reading festival and Astoria in december.

Other than a few annoying people (mainly some crazy high pitched woman) it was great, got to meet Brian afterwards, got a signed ticket (original as well, says Academy 2 on it Very Happy) and managed to shake the mans hand.

He also had to stop me getting into a fight with someone, thanks Brian. Cool Cool

To add to that, Frank Turner was incredible, especially since he was at a best friends funeral earlier in the day.

Gonna be a while before they're back to my area unfortunatly.

Was a brilliant night, got the signed ticket in a photo frame with other signed stuff. Cool
Back to top Go down
bcfcgaz

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Yeh they defo did play cowgirls at bristol the other nite
Back to top Go down
ilockyer
A Contender
A Contender
ilockyer

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:50 am

Yeah, definitely cheap travel to be had! Decided against London tonight on the grounds of being skint and have sprung for a ticket to Rock City instead.

Definitely sucks living in the South West, next time they come back they should play somewhere down here, maybe the Phoenix in Exeter or somewhere in Plymouth. If my lottery numbers ever come up it'd happen!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Palmer89 wrote:

He also had to stop me getting into a fight with someone, thanks Brian. Cool Cool

Was that the dude that was off his fucking tree talking about Springsteen and the clash? Was such an annoying prick. Even Brian nearly lost his temper and told him to shut up at one point before he went to the merch table.

ilockyer wrote:
Yeah, definitely cheap travel to be had! Decided
against London tonight on the grounds of being skint and have sprung
for a ticket to Rock City instead.

Definitely sucks living in
the South West, next time they come back they should play somewhere
down here, maybe the Phoenix in Exeter or somewhere in Plymouth. If my
lottery numbers ever come up it'd happen!

White rabbit anyone? Or maybe Plymouth pavilions one day!
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:23 pm

Whoa..Brian almost losing his temper? I imagine that's pretty hard to make happen...what was the dude doing/saying?
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:01 pm

kieran wrote:
Palmer89 wrote:

Was that the dude that was off his fucking tree talking about Springsteen and the clash? Was such an annoying prick. Even Brian nearly lost his temper and told him to shut up at one point before he went to the merch table.

It certainly was that guy...turned around and started bitching at me, something like 'are you f-ing laughing at me?'

Brian had to turn to me and then to him and say 'he's not, he's not laughing at you'

The guy was going on about how he's seen the Clash, and The Strokes and how TGA are bringing all that back and rambling on about crap, saying he didn't like the cowgirls get the blues or 'i don't like the cowgirls get blues song'

He was off his tits.

Brian certainly didn't seem interested at all, seemed awkward if anything, was worth it thought to see him and get the ticket signed.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:32 pm

Brian just went through the motions with him pretty good of him to be so tolerant. I was right next to you when he said that to you as I thought he was talking to me for a second.

I was glad I finally got to have a proper chat with him as I only spoke to him briefly at reading. We chatted set lists and the like. I have never met such a humble frontman I thanked him for making all these trips away to come here and play and he ended up thanking me for turning up and supporting them. Great guy.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:48 pm

Thats pretty cool, you speak to him after I got the ticket signed then? I know some guy was trying to get him to go somewhere. I thought i'd better just say a quick something, shake his hand and leave.

I think (well know) we jumped the queue to see Brian but we were waiting at the back for ages, wouldn't have got to him otherwise!

Would be awesome to have a proper chat with him but didn't wanna keep him and my girlfirned/mates might have got annoyed.

He does seem very very very genuine and humble.

All I said to him was 'Brilliant, just brilliant' and he replied 'Ah, Cheers man, thanks a lot'

So nice to see/meet an honest and hard working band who don't take their fame for granted.

Any chance they'll be at Reading/Leeds again this year?
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:32 am

what an ace gig last night! Very Happy they came and rocked their little socks off as usual! i love going to see them live cos it takes at least a week for me to wipe the smile off my face afterwards! such a good vibe from the group and crowd alike! they obviously enjoy themselves on stage so much!

i ended up in shepherds bush a bit early and was walking past the venue when i spotted brian so i said a quick hello. he asked my name and then he said 'i'm brian' and told him i knew his name and we had a laugh about it. how sweet that he feels like he still needs to introduce himself?!

we also waited behind after to see them and got tickets signed and photos. they're just so humble and friendly and ruddy brilliant!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:39 am

Palmer89 wrote:
Thats pretty cool, you speak to him after I got the ticket signed then? I know some guy was trying to get him to go somewhere. I thought i'd better just say a quick something, shake his hand and leave.

I think (well know) we jumped the queue to see Brian but we were waiting at the back for ages, wouldn't have got to him otherwise!

Would be awesome to have a proper chat with him but didn't wanna keep him and my girlfirned/mates might have got annoyed.

He does seem very very very genuine and humble.

All I said to him was 'Brilliant, just brilliant' and he replied 'Ah, Cheers man, thanks a lot'

So nice to see/meet an honest and hard working band who don't take their fame for granted.

Any chance they'll be at Reading/Leeds again this year?

Your the guys that pushed in front of me and my mates haha we where like wooohh what yah doing! Good times.

Yeah if they are not at reading/leeds this year I will be very surprised. I hope they keep them higher on the lockup stage though. But because of all the stuff with nme and stuff I reckon they may well play on the nme stage unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:54 am

Hope not, if they're at R&L i'll get a day ticket just to see them, I imagine they'll be there, hopefully at the lock-up.

Yeah we heard you guys complaining but had been waiting for ages, I did tell my girlfriend not to push in but she was adamant we were going to get to meet Brian. Laughing

Sorry about that but the wasted guy was more annoying am sure, don't think we took too much of Brians time hehe.

Hope you guys got plenty of time with him!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour Discussion.   UK Tour Discussion. - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UK Tour Discussion.
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next