DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)

Go down 
+140
Dan164
labluedahlia
aldotheapache
Rose1991
ivienco
bootime
NotLikeWeBleed
battleborn
katechampagne
mwh
Jaws
grizzly-adamss
housie
maybemabel
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Jack
Anya_TGA
infoghost
Halfstepdown
kappanera
OldHaunts
Brookie
Camus
Thunder_Road
LeviLevi
saraM87
jonester
TomPytlos
beckiee1993
raclements
Hanswurst
wvmark73
Coma Girl
cjw744
33RPMHero
Handwritten
Stevearm
dumos
SinkOrSwim.
lorem_ipsum
Arctander
HolyBreakOfDay
LookOnTheBrightSide
tank_grrlblack
guitarguru145
EveryLittleSecret
matkins
juliacote
swannie35
bringiton_ty
Benny989
Shrewsbury_Stars
anchorsaway45
simo
Shorestyle69
Breanne
HighLonesome
keepsake
FelixMA
nomad677
MyRottingBrain
Debonair
Emusic
LaGuitarLady
JDaniels
redheadchick
ExitEnglish
Try Me
acousticbandit
Klown
kirstyt
Sinngh
saltandburn1967
DiamondSinatra
StitchesOnTheRadio
brianisbae
bringiton
outerheaven
Yozzy
NeverTrustAJunkie
njguy99
blakevbhc
rsj
CasanovaBaby90
YouCanCallMeSally
Heart_Strings
CASANOVA, BILLY!
SirPaco
Victoria Sweden
rgillies
daveycrabtree
JimmyB
TroubleHunter
Kosburn59
HorribleCrowe
PFREEZY
Erik Drost
IrishNameAndAnInjury
melissaannandthecool
Steve70s
plugga
Harbortown
ThisMachineKillsFascists
AlrightToDrive
Matilda Noir
eagles1139
Elsie
Christophe
Johnxazn
Daire
Reinvent good times
Gaslight23
StopAndSlideToTheRight
steph
Holland
IAmDisappeared
oh_megan
J.B.R.
thecosmickid
breakwhatbreaksyourheart
AlrightAlright
fullcollapse
ktp
dogsinginblues
steffuhnee
azlisa
GraveRobbers
loazis
Crockin
JJW319
TGAFAN25
dingle_basher
Shake Shake Senora
amberfoyd
SmilinSkullRing
Dillon15s
ShieldYourEyes
drifter69
Little Eden
mwillms1930
144 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 6:58 am

Eh, I think it's cool, and I like the colors. I think it would really lose something if it was in black and white.
Back to top Go down
aldotheapache
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
aldotheapache

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:07 am

Rose1991 wrote:
Eh, I think it's cool, and I like the colors. I think it would really lose something if it was in black and white.

my best friend actually drew it for me with a blue pen:

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Img_2010

I love my forearm, I wouldn't change the colors. But the rest of my arm looks messy. Had to change artists halfway through it because the original (the woman who did my forearm) had to retire due to nerve damage. He wasn't nearly as good as she was and I regret taking her advice on it but it is what it is now

ps: thank you for the kind words though i do appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 8:51 am

Okay, new concept:

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 P3190911

The flower is a common meadow violet, the state flower of NJ. Still a work in progress, but I really like the idea. I know the banner is crowded and the anchor is kinda lost underneath everything, but it's the best I can do with my limited drawing abilities. Problem is there's not alot of real estate where I want it (my wrists are tiny), and the text can only be so small.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 3:57 am

Haha, you probably wouldn't get THAT much confusion regarding the design unless you're directly in Jersey. I have the heart and anchor Bouncing Souls tattoo and live in NYC and nobody I've encountered has any clue who they are or that it's associated with them. Still, better safe than sorry. And yes become a fan! They're awesome!

I like your new idea. I don't have a lot of experience getting tattoos drawn up for me but I imagine if you find the right artist and tell them your concerns about it being generic, they could find little ways to tweak it and make it unique to you. If that's what you want. Question though...why the "and"? I mean I know it's part of the lyric but it's not really required for the line to make sense so I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 6:14 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Haha, you probably wouldn't get THAT much confusion regarding the design unless you're directly in Jersey. I have the heart and anchor Bouncing Souls tattoo and live in NYC and nobody I've encountered has any clue who they are or that it's associated with them. Still, better safe than sorry. And yes become a fan! They're awesome!

I like your new idea. I don't have a lot of experience getting tattoos drawn up for me but I imagine if you find the right artist and tell them your concerns about it being generic, they could find little ways to tweak it and make it unique to you. If that's what you want. Question though...why the "and"? I mean I know it's part of the lyric but it's not really required for the line to make sense so I'm curious.

Yeah, and a lot of people have heart/anchor tattoos that have nothing to do with either band, but if one group already has a "claim" to it, it'd be better to be more creative. So I thought a violet would be cool instead of a heart because I associate flowers with summertime and youth and the nostalgic/Americana themes in the music, and I love state symbolism and I wanted to subtly honor Jersey as a whole, so I thought it would be a good choice.

I decided to tack on the "and" in the lyric because it's kinda like adding an ellipses at the beginning. It's like, here's this band with all this music that means the world to me, and I could never condense it all into one image, so saying "and" means that this line is merely a cap on it all and there's so much that comes before it. It's like, remember all these songs and stories and shows and life lessons and do the best that you can. Does that make sense? I hope I'm explaining it right.

Also, and this is a minor point that I didn't even think of until after I'd chosen the lyric, but lots of people have "stay hungry, stay free" on them and Brian himself has "stay free" on his knuckles (which I hope he never gets removed because his hands are a masterpiece) so in a way it adds to the solidarity of the fandom because it's like we're all these different pieces that add up to a bigger thing. But like I said, I didn't even think of that at first, but I still think it's a cool thought.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 4:32 am

Rose1991 wrote:

Yeah, and a lot of people have heart/anchor tattoos that have nothing to do with either band, but if one group already has a "claim" to it, it'd be better to be more creative. So I thought a violet would be cool instead of a heart because I associate flowers with summertime and youth and the nostalgic/Americana themes in the music, and I love state symbolism and I wanted to subtly honor Jersey as a whole, so I thought it would be a good choice.

I decided to tack on the "and" in the lyric because it's kinda like adding an ellipses at the beginning. It's like, here's this band with all this music that means the world to me, and I could never condense it all into one image, so saying "and" means that this line is merely a cap on it all and there's so much that comes before it. It's like, remember all these songs and stories and shows and life lessons and do the best that you can. Does that make sense? I hope I'm explaining it right.

Also, and this is a minor point that I didn't even think of until after I'd chosen the lyric, but lots of people have "stay hungry, stay free" on them and Brian himself has "stay free" on his knuckles (which I hope he never gets removed because his hands are a masterpiece) so in a way it adds to the solidarity of the fandom because it's like we're all these different pieces that add up to a bigger thing. But like I said, I didn't even think of that at first, but I still think it's a cool thought.

I like that flower idea. I'm a fan of anything where the symbolism is there if you know what you're looking at, but it's not thrown in your face. A flower that might seem like a regular just nice image to most but actually has a real significance, is exactly that.

That explanation makes perfect sense. And that's a pretty awesome reason actually. Nice thinking there. That's also pretty cool to think about how different people in this fandom (or any fandom) will have different lyrics tattooed on themselves as pieces of the whole and that kind of unites everyone. I really like that. Even if Brian's tattoo isn't in reference to his own song but actually the clash song "Stay Free" (someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I am). And I hope he never removes it either, I love that one!
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Just got this a couple hours ago. "You were gonna be my Judy Garland, we were gonna share your Tin Man heart." Excuse the nipple hair. Wink

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Tinman11

Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 11:36 pm

Thanks, Shelby! I haven't told anybody yet what I'm planning on getting (or that I'm even getting a tattoo at all) so I'm glad someone gets my idea and doesn't think it's a bunch of arbitrary nonsense.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 12:14 pm

I'm getting a tattoo next week and I'm torn between Gaslight and Frank Turner right now. It's gonna be baseball sized and black because I'm poor. What would you guys recommend? I wanted something with an acoustic guitar or a Ferris Wheel or something...basically something small and a little different that's Gaslight related. any suggestions??
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 12:24 pm

capnrad wrote:
I'm getting a tattoo next week and I'm torn between Gaslight and Frank Turner right now. It's gonna be baseball sized and black because I'm poor. What would you guys recommend? I wanted something with an acoustic guitar or a Ferris Wheel or something...basically something small and a little different that's Gaslight related. any suggestions??  

Yes, don't get a tattoo if you're not sure. I hear them things are hard to wash off. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 3:10 pm

capnrad wrote:

A photorealistic portrait of Brian's face with a speech bubble that says, "I AM NOT BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN." Or maybe like, one of those "MOM" hearts but with Benny's name in it instead. You know, something well thought-out. But hey, I hear black inks are the easiest to remove.

Sorry, I don't mean to be a dick; I just think you should choose a tattoo that you're sure about BEFORE making the appointment to go get one.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 2:46 am

Rose1991 wrote:
capnrad wrote:

.... Or maybe like, one of those "MOM" hearts but with Benny's name in it instead. You know, something well thought-out. But hey, I hear black inks are the easiest to remove....

lol!
AW I would so get that Benny one if I didn't think it would come off creepy and hard to explain to boyfriend's down the road, haha. So much love for Benny <3
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 3:16 am

Rose1991 wrote:
capnrad wrote:

.... Or maybe like, one of those "MOM" hearts but with Benny's name in it instead. You know, something well thought-out. But hey, I hear black inks are the easiest to remove....

lol!
AW I would so get that Benny one if I didn't think it would come off creepy and hard to explain to boyfriend's down the road, haha. So much love for Benny <3

If a man can't accept a woman's love for Benny Horowitz, he isn't worth it. tongue
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Rose1991 wrote:
Rose1991 wrote:
capnrad wrote:

lol!

If a man can't accept a woman's love for Benny Horowitz, he isn't worth it. tongue

TRUTH High Five  haha.
Back to top Go down
labluedahlia
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 8:02 am

That's mine <3

Last edited by labluedahlia on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 7:22 pm

looks amazing!!
Back to top Go down
Dan164
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 6:25 pm

Loving the dedication from everybody.

Here's a few shots of my gaslight inspired tattoo. It is my first and only tattoo so far but their is more to come. 8 hours in the chair with a half hour break, absolute agony in the lat 3 hours but totally worth it.

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 13162049_10154108660670421_1884739684_n_zpszo9qhsjo

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 13149976_10154108658790421_680827139_n_zpsb4z3ener
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 7:00 pm

wow!!! that one really looks awesome!!!

I will get my first tattoo in august...

Back to top Go down
Maddysauruzrex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Maddysauruzrex

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 10:25 am

Loving the ink on all you guys!

My first Gaslight tattoo was inspired by the first song of theirs I heard. It also holds  a deep personal meaning to me for other reasons. Planning on adding more Gaslight-related stuff to my sleeve in the future Smile

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 15123810
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 6:28 pm

wow amazing! I like your tattoo
Back to top Go down
Behold The Username
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Behold The Username

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 20161010

Trying to finish up my right arm, I like to incorporate Gaslight lyrics into a lot of my tattoos. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 5:58 pm

great tattoo!
Back to top Go down
Lejuge28
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 11:23 pm

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 12993610

Got this early this year.

Thinking of a Crowes one in the new year. In reference to Behold the Hurricane but not fully formulated idea yet.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi ! This is my Painkillers tattoo:
Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 18196011

And for those of you who know Beach Slang...
Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Healed10
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 5:49 pm

oh wow those are awesome tattoos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next