DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what other bands?

Go down 
+2
Jukebox Romeo
steady now steady now
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

what other bands? Empty
PostSubject: what other bands?   what other bands? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:45 pm

what other bands?

to be honest, I find it really hard to listen to anything else at the moment, however much I always used to like it, without feeling that it just doesn't match up to my favourite band
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

what other bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what other bands?   what other bands? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:33 pm

i actually don't really listen to Gaslight much anymore. if i do, it's usually some acoustic stuff right before bed, or in the car with some friends. there are just too many new bands to check out, or old bands i never checked out who have a huge back catalog i have to listen to. can't listen to Gaslight all the time
Back to top Go down

what other bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what other bands?   what other bands? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:31 am

well i listen to the gaslight anthem, but they have to share with a lot of other bands which i think are truely amazing

so some of the other bands are: and i appreciate you commenting on them Wink

biffy clyro
dredg
tool
stone sour
streetlight manifesto + b.o.t.a.r.
volbeat
seether
sts (best austrian folkpop band for ever)
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

what other bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what other bands?   what other bands? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:02 am

steady now steady now wrote:
what other bands?

to be honest, I find it really hard to listen to anything else at the moment, however much I always used to like it, without feeling that it just doesn't match up to my favourite band

Stalker Alert!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

what other bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what other bands?   what other bands? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:37 am

Streetlight is the bomb. if they weren't labeled ska all the time, they'd have twice as many fans
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

what other bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what other bands?   what other bands? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:02 am

To be honest, Gaslight are one of the few modern bands I listen. Maybe the only formed in this decade...I feel like there has to be other modern bands out there that I'd like but most of this modern indie stuff that gets raved about so much leaves me feeling cold.

Most of everything else I listen to is 70's and 80's. Does anybody have any good modern bands they could recommend to me? I've checked into Against Me and some other bands that get grouped with Gaslight but they never really grabbed me in the same way.
Back to top Go down
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

what other bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what other bands?   what other bands? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:15 am

simo wrote:
Does anybody have any good modern bands they could recommend to me? I've checked into Against Me and some other bands that get grouped with Gaslight but they never really grabbed me in the same way.

Without tipping my hand for when it's my turn to post my mixtape, a couple of bands that I would recommend are:

The Night Marchers - jungle rock from former Rocket From the Crypt frontman
Delta Spirit - indie-folk, "People, Turn Around" is an incredibly powerful and beautiful song

Both formed in the last few years, both had albums that were near the top of a few "best of '08" lists... well, mine at least. Lemme know what you think. I realize that the genres of music might not be very similar to Gaslight, but both have a very raw and honest sound, similar to tGA.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

what other bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what other bands?   what other bands? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:50 am

Hm, Gaslight tops my list right now, but there's always other things going on for me.

Current favorites include....
Joseph Arthur
Brandi Carlile
The National
Jonny Lang
Rodrigo y Gabriela

I play and teach guitar, so I try to stay on top of things both popular and unknown to keep my edge. Plus, my friends and students will introduce me to new stuff as well and I like to soak it all in as much as I can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000

what other bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what other bands?   what other bands? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 6:37 am

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Streetlight is the bomb. if they weren't labeled ska all the time, they'd have twice as many fans

may be. to me they are the best ska band i know and i am glad they got their style and they stick to it and they do not rly care about becoming totally famous or rich but care about the fans they have and their music.

that's what i recognized once again when i saw them in vienna this year (3rd time i saw them). i mean they are not very popular in austria, but they could easily fill halls with about 2-3-thousand people.

the fans came from all around austria (sometimes more than 5 hours away, which is a lot for austria) and would have payed a lot of money just to see them (i would have payed 30 euro and more, cause i am a huge fan).

but what they did; they played in a very small hall in front of 200-300 people and the ticket did only cost 12!! euro, which equals about 15 dollar.
the ambiente was awesome and streetlight are one of the best live bands i know. i stood half an meter away from the band and 80% of all people were doing that hard pogo that afterwards all the sweat dropped off the ceiling. Smile

another question: does anyone know "the mayan factor"
that is another real good band but they already split up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what other bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what other bands?   what other bands? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what other bands?
Page 1 of 1