DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"

Go down 
+10
Dan_Dog
JoshRaymond
koolmcr
tigrr13
Stevearm
rhg5010
Jukebox Romeo
lynchyeatspizza
Forum Owner
e7c
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What did you think?
Five Stars! Every track was awesome!
25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Four Stars! I am going to check out a few of these bands
25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 58% [ 7 ]
Three Stars.. atleast there was one band I want to check out
25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Two stars... not bad to listen to, nothing I want to get into though
25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
one star. bleh. not my style
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:00 pm

i really like the street dogs song and the two cow garage songs
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:13 pm

yeah, everybody should check out Street Dogs, truly a great band. and i have so much respect for Mike McColgan. his political songs hold so much more value considering his background. he joined the army in 1989, served in the Gulf War. then he formed Dropkick in 1996, only to quit in 1998 to join the Boston Fire Department, inspired by his uncle, Kevin J. O'Toole. then he formed Street Dogs in the early 2000s

also, the Final Transmission video is really good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R02SU7eMBps&fmt=18
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:29 pm

I had not seen the video to final transmission before... not too shabby
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:54 am

01 Against Me! "You Must Be Willing" Nice track, I hadn't heard this before even though I have all four of AM!'s studio albums and a few EPs. Loved how its just Tom and his guitar except the choruses.

02 Against Me! "Graceful Concession" So deep. Love it.

03 Bob Marley "Redemption Song" Have been listening to Bob Marley for a while now. He's amazing. And I love Raggae and its ties with Ska.

04 Brian Fallon "The Blues, Mary" I've heard of this guy. I really like his This Charming Man. Is he in any other bands? I LOVE HIS VOICE. Razz

05 Bruce Springsteen "The Ghost of Tom Joad" Because of TGA I've had a listen to older Springsteen, but nothing from the 90's. I found this song to be a little long and dull. My opinion, no offence meant.

06 Bruce Springsteen "Nebraska" I found this song similar to the track above. I rather Born To Run Bruce. With the band behind him, a few guitar solos, all with that gruff voice over the top.

07 Cobra Skulls "Cobracoustic" Nice track. His voice is crazyawesome. Because of this track I've checked out this band and got their album Sitting Army. It's very good. Thanks heaps for having this track on the mixtape!

08 Jason Mraz "I'm Yours" A good song, although I've heard it a lot on the radio. I guess having it on this mixtape made me appreciate it more, as if it's on the mainstream radio stations, i don't usually have much respect for the artist.

09 Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros "Johnny Appleseed" Love this song, and the album Global a Go-Go. Although I reckon Streetcore's his/their best album. I love Coma Girl.

10 Johnny Cash "Hurt" I havn't really listened to much Johnny Cash, except for a Ring of Fire cover by Social D. It's nice and slow and Johnny Cash sings it very well. His voice fits perfectly. Oh and the build up at the end is amazing!

11 Lars and The Bastards "The Viking" I loved it from the first chord. I heard the song and just had to look up who Lars is. And I was suprised that he's in Rancid. Although I'm a fan of Rancid I only knew Tim Armstrong. I think I'll probably try and get the album soon. Thanks for the song.

12 Lucero "The War" Don't love this song, but it's alright. His voice is pretty nice. And the guitar is good, but I'm not really feeling it.

13 Glen Hasard "Falling Slowly" I've heard this song before and liked it but never knew what it was. I really like it. It's just beautiful really.

14 Street Dogs "Final Transmission" I like this acoustic punk stuff. Its fast, loud and everything, except with out the distortion. I have street dogs State Of Grace album but now I think i'll look back further for more of their stuff.

15 The Traveling Wilburys "Handle With Care" I recognise this song but I don't know where from. I like it, although it's different to most of the music I listen to. It's good to hear something different and like it.

16 Two Cow Garage "Come Back to Shelby" This songs pretty sweet. I love the beat its got to it. The choruses Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la's are amazing!

17 Two Cow Garage "Your Humble Narrarator" AWESOME! Favourite song on the mixtape! I love the opening verse's lyrics. They remind me of The Blues by Cincinati Rail Tie. "Smoke filled my lungs like I was dying. And the summer sunset kissed my fingertips." Could there be an influence there? I doubt it, probably a coincidence nut I'd love to think it was.

18 Twopointeight "Red Eye" For some reason when this song began I thought I wouldn't really like it too much. The first minute or so seemed weak, but at about 1.15, that verse is awesome. I love the guitar picking in the background. Although the rest of the song is sorta similar to the first minute, i enjoyed it more after hearing the second verse. I think I'm crazy. Also the breakdown bit at 2.24 is awesome. Reminds me of the young girls young boys part of The '59 Sound.

THANKS for the Mix Tape!
I loved it
Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
koolmcr
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
koolmcr

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Dude, Glen Hansard is amazing. I own alot of Frames stuff and the Swell Season album. Man is a genius. Listening to the Twopointeight stuff right now and it's really good Smile
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Lynch, thanks for the good write up... obviously you and I are on different sides of the spectrum when it comes to Bruce Springsteen... Born to Run is actually my least favorite Bruce album!

As for the Traveling Wilburys, play that song with your Dad in the car see if he thinks it sounds familiar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:13 am

I think Born to Run is the best Bruce song, but Born in the USA the best Bruce album that I have heard. I've haven't got his entire discography though, so maybe I should give it all a listen before coming to a concrete conclusion.

Nice to see a bit of Cash in there at No. 10 as well!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 4:49 pm

Nebraska is the best springsteen album
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:29 pm

I am by no means a bruce expert... but I think Nebraska is his best too
Back to top Go down
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 4:03 am

Nebraska is probably the best, but I really like the new one. Outlaw Pete is such a good song, and it was awesome live when the band was put up against a white wall, kinda like silhouettes. Anybody know what I'm talkin about?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
Dan_Dog
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:02 pm

Thanks for the mix tape, e7c. I really liked it. I'm massively into the Street Dogs now after reading about them on this forum. The track on this tape is awesome. I've been playing the State of Grace album loads. They cancelled a European tour recently but are coming back in the autumn/fall so will hopefully see them then.

Great Springsteen tracks - i loved the whole acoustic vibe to your choices. I personally think Darkness on the Edge of Town is the best he ever did. Every track is awesome.

Also really liked twopointeight who I have never heard of before. Will check them out.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:53 pm

Twopointeight are great guys, they are from Sweden and I met them when they played with the Street Dogs... this was probably april of 2007
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:51 pm

not much i haven't heard on here, but i'll go for it anyway

01 Against Me! "You Must Be Willing"
For some reason I had never even known that this song existed. Excellent song, incredible lyrics. Thanks for making me aware of it

02 Against Me! "Graceful Concession"
Great song, could be about any number of legendary artists, or even about people's image of him, and his attempts to live up to it. Good stuff

03 Bob Marley "Redemption Song"
First Bob song I ever heard, still my favorite.

04 Brian Fallon "The Blues, Mary"
You know I love this song.

05 Bruce Springsteen "The Ghost of Tom Joad"
I'd always been too obsessed with Bruce's first 7 albums to check out this one, but this song is incredible

06 Bruce Springsteen "Nebraska"
Nebraska's such a dark album for Bruce. This song is so haunting. It's great

07 Cobra Skulls "Cobracoustic"
"Stop fearing people before you meet them" great message, great band

08 Jason Mraz "I'm Yours"
One of the best songs to make it to the radio these days. Great summer song

09 Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros "Johnny Appleseed"
Never got past Streetcore with these guys, but this song is really good. I love Joe's voice on this song, and the violin's a nice touch.

10 Johnny Cash "Hurt"
Great song, great cover. The video's haunting and dark as well

11 Lars and The Bastards "The Viking"
Never got into Lars, but this song is really cool

12 Lucero "The War"
Incredible song. So much passion when he sings it live

13 Glen Hasard "Falling Slowly"
Really pretty song, I know a lot of girls who would love this song. Lol jk. Good song

14 Street Dogs "Final Transmission"
One of my favorite songs of all time, I think I listened to it exclusively for a week or two straight when I first heard it.

15 The Traveling Wilburys "Handle With Care"
My friend told me about these guys a few months ago, but I never checked them out. Awesome how all these guys got together like this. Not a huge fan of the song though

16 Two Cow Garage "Come Back to Shelby"
Hadn't heard this song before, but it's really good. I didn't know they even released anything except Speaking In Cursive. Will investigate further

17 Two Cow Garage "Your Humble Narrarator"
One of their best songs. Speaking In Cursive is a really good album. Good lyrics on this one

18 Twopointeight "Red Eye"
I remember you talking about these guys awhile ago. Always kinda thought they were a Rancid ripoff like Left Alone or Time Again, but maybe not. Will check them out further

Great mix, though I was hoping for some songs I was a little less familiar with. Either way, awesome collection of songs
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:32 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:

15 The Traveling Wilburys "Handle With Care"
My friend told me about these guys a few months ago, but I never checked them out. Awesome how all these guys got together like this. Not a huge fan of the song though

I am glad that atleast someone here knows who these guys are... iTunes has a really cool bio video on these guys when you get the special edition version. When they talk about how they all came together it really is amazing and just great timing.
Back to top Go down
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:49 am

Nice toss in of the Wilbury's. Super groups today just can't pull it off like they could back then. Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, George Harrison, Roy Orbison, and that other guy haha.
I started reading the list and thought "Wow this is looking pretty predictable", but then it spread out a bit. Good choices for sure.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:51 pm

I am just glad some one knew who the Wilburys were.
Back to top Go down
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:01 am

I remember when I was still in high school, I'd go to the record store in my town (closed now) about once a week/every other week, and if my dad found out I was going, he'd always tell me to look for The Traveling Wilburys. At first I thought it was a joke, because it sounded like a weird name and I was never able to find anything, and after a few years, I forgot about them completely.

Then a few years ago they came out w/ a remastered double album and I ended up ordering it online and sending it to him a few days after Father's Day. He flipped out. I hadn't seen him that immersed in something since I found nine out of ten volumes of Ken Burn's biography on baseball (VHS) at a thrift store. My dad's a great guy. Anyways... yeah, The Wilbury's are cool.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:54 pm

Sorry for the belated-ness of the post. I had heard of most of the bands on here, but two cow garage is absolutely incredible. Def going to check them out at the lanes with Austin Lucas. Also Cobra Skulls were a great find too. The mixtape had a lot of variety too. I really enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
benbenben
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
benbenben

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Hey Man!

I tried to download this but it seems to have expired!!

Looking at the tracklist, it just looks perfect!! I love Against Me!'s acoustic songs and I just watched "Once" last night!!

Totally bummed I can't listen to this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.benbenbenblogblogblog.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"   25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

25 - 31 May e7c's playlist "Whiskey Rock - Blue Label"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2