DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article) Empty
PostSubject: 'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article)   'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:32 am

If you are at least as old as Brian, ie. 30 up, then this article should be for you, though that's still a bit young. Very Happy

And it probably shouldn't just be 'dad rock', but 'mum rock' as well.

http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/dad-rock-or-being-the-proud-parent-of-a-terrific-record-collection/Content?oid=1507112

Last edited by steady now steady now on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article)   'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:49 pm

I'm too young for that, but it's a great article. I actually saw Delta Spirit two nights ago and they were great, and I'm seeing The Hold Steady tonight. Weird coincidence. Now if only I were seeing TGA soon...

Anyways, my dad loves TGA too, for good reason of course.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article)   'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Well, my eldest son got me into Gaslight in 2008, I have since taken my youngest son and his girlfriend, and my daughter and her boy friend to 2 GA gigs, seen the band a dozen times (will be by Sunday ) . Im going to see Jesse Malin and Frank Turner in December and am due to be a Grandad in 2011 and i still make the front barrier at gigs, so guess that more than counts me in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article)   'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:30 pm

Great article and thanks for claiming 'mum rock' in as well ;o) can't wait to take our son to his first concert! But that's gonna take another 6-10 years I guess ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Jeff
A Contender
A Contender
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: 'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article)   'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:08 pm

This article is... so very true. Also makes me want to check out Delta Spirit considering the bands they're listed among there.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article)   'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Delta Spirit is a quality band. They don't really sound like TGA or anything, but I thought the CCR comparison was fairly fitting. It's kind of like a folk rock/garageband mashup.

Here's a good song to check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MSS52oqKys
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article)   'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:47 pm

enola wrote:
and thanks for claiming 'mum rock' in as well ;o)

you probably guessed that I put that in because of you

if there are any other TGA mums on this board, speak up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

PostSubject: Re: 'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article)   'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:49 pm

simo wrote:
I'm too young for that, but it's a great article. I actually saw Delta Spirit two nights ago and they were great, and I'm seeing The Hold Steady tonight.

I agree pretty cool article....I saw Delta Spirit last year at a basement show and they were great. The singer can wail!

Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article)   'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:30 pm

steady now steady now wrote:

you probably guessed that I put that in because of you
wow! now I'm flattered Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article)   'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'dad rock' ('mum rock'?) and the Gaslight Anthem (article)
Page 1 of 1