DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Menzingers

Go down 
+67
brianisbae
The_River
TGAFAN25
33RPMHero
Hanswurst
matkins
cdala
Yozzy
The Last Jukebox Romeo
OldManShoes3
Christophe
saraM87
Shrewsbury_Stars
DiamondSinatra
Breanne
Paddy
kissthebottle
snakester
sickgirl
Mr.Grieves
bringiton
enola
ghosttocoast
bringiton_ty
EveryLittleSecret
A_Regular
Jack
LuceroDiehard
Klown
ifieverstray
mirrorenigma
CluckyB
DeathoftheCool
moreblue
ThisMachineKillsFascists
NeverTrustAJunkie
eagles1139
riversedge
plugga
joshyboytyler
Holland
simo
ozfacter
Stalls_Standing
fullcollapse
colmillionaire
Rock bus
JJW319
NDTGA
Pants
PFREEZY
MKULTRA
Better Sense
raptorsaurus
efofex
Reinvent good times
JoshRaymond
DaveSavedTheDay
ral
JerseyDevil
nickyno
mescalero
Vibes
Prisoner
Jukebox Romeo
Snap
kcdc
71 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

The Menzingers - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:00 am

33RPMHero wrote:
I ordered from the Europe Store by accident and ended up getting the Aqua Blue Vinyl.  I live in the states though.  Will there be any difference between the version I bought and the United States version or is the only difference the color?

Yeah Tom will record all his vocals with a British accent for the euro release  /s

I really doubt there is any difference other that vinyl color. How did you had to pay a ton for shipping though? I mean, I thought about getting that blue one because it looks way better than the black but I can't justify the extra cost.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:06 am

CluckyB wrote:
33RPMHero wrote:
I ordered from the Europe Store by accident and ended up getting the Aqua Blue Vinyl.  I live in the states though.  Will there be any difference between the version I bought and the United States version or is the only difference the color?

Yeah Tom will record all his vocals with a British accent for the euro release  /s

I really doubt there is any difference other that vinyl color. How did you had to pay a ton for shipping though? I mean, I thought about getting that blue one because it looks way better than the black but I can't justify the extra cost.

Haha.

Yeah, I honestly like the Europe Color so much better than the United States one. I have no idea how I didn't notice I was on the Euro site though. I was kind of weirded out by the prices when I got to the shipping page and ended up getting the cheapest one which was 8 bucks. I wondered why priority mail was 18 bucks and now I Know.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 3:23 am

I'm struggling with this new single....

I already thought they were terribly close to the New Found Glory, Sum 41, Pop-Punk sound, but this one seems to have crossed into that territory of forgettable bands that all sound the same...

I hope the record retains some more of that edge that made OTIP so special...
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:28 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

I already thought they were terribly close to the New Found Glory, Sum 41, Pop-Punk sound, but this one seems to have crossed into that territory of forgettable bands that all sound the same...

Yeah. I think it's the guitar tone
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 7:27 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

Same...
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 3:09 pm

sorry some of you don't like the song, ah well. song rules. album will rule as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:24 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
sorry some of you don't like the song, ah well. song rules. album will rule as well.

you've heard it already? how did you swing that?  Mad

oh, I misread "will rule" as "rules". No longer super jealous  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:27 pm

my friends have, they are buds with jon low (he produced the latest the national record and restorations records) as I stated earlier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 8:29 pm

colmillionaire wrote:

The song does rule. I'll never get tired of the vocals in the Menzingers. He sounds so different and fresh. I love this frickin band.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:12 am

To me, there are a lot of moments on the last Menzingers album that made me want to weep. But this new song doesn't. The lyrics are still great, just not super stoked about the musical direction. Again it is one song, and I've already listened to it like 3 times today so it could be worse
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 1:28 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
To me, there are a lot of moments on the last Menzingers album that made me want to weep. But this new song doesn't. The lyrics are still great, just not super stoked about the musical direction. Again it is one song, and I've already listened to it like 3 times today so it could be worse

Reppin' the prep baby. Couldn't agree more
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 5:07 am

Felt like that new song was never going to end. Has none of the magic I loved from the last album. Let's hope this isnt the best they can muster up for the new album
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Huh. Surprised there are so many lukewarm to negative reactions to this song. I think it's great, personally.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 5:03 pm

Well I'm having the same mixed feelings as a lot of people on here are apparently having...although I do prefer the song without the music video accompanying it.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Maybe it's just me but I don't see this as a big enough departure from OTIP that it's a cause for concern. Like if this song was in the middle of that album I wouldn't think it was an outlier.

Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:28 pm

Jesus....I can't stand Zach Neil. He seems like such an ignorant, unprofessional jackass. Who gave that guy a job?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:48 pm

33RPMHero wrote:
Jesus....I can't stand Zach Neil.  He seems like such an ignorant, unprofessional jackass.  Who gave that guy a job?

scratch 
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:09 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
33RPMHero wrote:
Jesus....I can't stand Zach Neil.  He seems like such an ignorant, unprofessional jackass.  Who gave that guy a job?

scratch 

I've seen him talk crap on other music sites before. I think he works for Hopeless Records and signs bands. He seems to insult bands he turned down in the past on music websites. He commented on the new Menzingers song and wrote, "Good to see after 3 albums he still can't sing in key" so I got into a little tiff with him. I'm just tired of his crap, I've held back in the past, but I just had to let loose this time. Guy is a total tool. I think I offended him though.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 5:43 am

33RPMHero wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
33RPMHero wrote:

scratch 

I've seen him talk crap on other music sites before.  I think he works for Hopeless Records and signs bands.  He seems to insult bands he turned down in the past on music websites.  He commented on the new Menzingers song and wrote, "Good to see after 3 albums he still can't sing in key" so I got into a little tiff with him.  I'm just tired of his crap, I've held back in the past, but I just had to let loose this time.  Guy is a total tool.  I think I offended him though.

that's funny, i thought that youtube comment was written endearingly
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 10:11 am

you guys knew that their full set at are4 in 2011 is available for stream at rockpalast? Smile

http://www.wdr.de/tv/rockpalast/extra/videos/2011/0821/the_menzingers.jsp
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Damn, I love In Remission so much. Can't wait for Rented World. Though I would be very, very interested in an all-Greg Menzingers album. No offense, Tom.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 2:12 pm

I have a feeling Rented World is going to be just as good as OTIP. Rodent sounds great, can't wait to hear the whole thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vjLxq69gPM

anyone going to the Pawtucket show? who's opening for them?
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 10:44 am

http://exclaim.ca/News/menzingers_talk_their_return_with_rented_world

Pretty cool in interview I found today and thought i'd share.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:27 pm

I Don't Wanna Be An Asshole Anymore
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:27 pm

^^^^ SO FUCKING GOOD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Menzingers
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next