DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Menzingers

Go down 
+67
brianisbae
The_River
TGAFAN25
33RPMHero
Hanswurst
matkins
cdala
Yozzy
The Last Jukebox Romeo
OldManShoes3
Christophe
saraM87
Shrewsbury_Stars
DiamondSinatra
Breanne
Paddy
kissthebottle
snakester
sickgirl
Mr.Grieves
bringiton
enola
ghosttocoast
bringiton_ty
EveryLittleSecret
A_Regular
Jack
LuceroDiehard
Klown
ifieverstray
mirrorenigma
CluckyB
DeathoftheCool
moreblue
ThisMachineKillsFascists
NeverTrustAJunkie
eagles1139
riversedge
plugga
joshyboytyler
Holland
simo
ozfacter
Stalls_Standing
fullcollapse
colmillionaire
Rock bus
JJW319
NDTGA
Pants
PFREEZY
MKULTRA
Better Sense
raptorsaurus
efofex
Reinvent good times
JoshRaymond
DaveSavedTheDay
ral
JerseyDevil
nickyno
mescalero
Vibes
Prisoner
Jukebox Romeo
Snap
kcdc
71 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

The Menzingers - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:04 am

yep totally agree with this.
Live those songs are nothing but real bombs - on the album they sound lame and cheap, thought
Back to top Go down
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi all
Thought you might like to see my review of rented world

http://thesoulofaclown.com/2014/05/18/the-menzingers-rented-world-album-review/

Would be great if some of you could arrange for it to be shared on Facebook, Twitter, website etc and encourage people to like my site Wink

Cheers
Paul
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 2:26 am

Bump for a great record and seeing them tonight in Toronto.

Anyone else gonna be at the show?
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:54 am

Hope you have a good time!

I'm going to show later this year and I can hardly wait!
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:39 pm

The show was amazing but they didn't play Time Tables, Rivalries or Mexican Guitars  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

Still an incredible show.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 1:59 am

Just bought my tickets for Richmond. The place they are playing at has a cap of 200, so it seems like a really stupid/awesome idea. Also excited to finally see Pup!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 2:51 am

colmillionaire wrote:
Just bought my tickets for Richmond. The place they are playing at has a cap of 200, so it seems like a really stupid/awesome idea. Also excited to finally see Pup!!

In my experience those always make for the best shows. Like when Gaslight played the Middle East basement in Boston of 2012 when they'd been playing House of Blues for years. Was insanely packed and awesome.
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 2:58 am

Yep, the Opera House was tiny, but packed.

There was no security between the crowd and the stage, and the Menzingers set up all their equipment, which I have never seen before.

Also, PUP is great live.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 10:41 am

eagles1139 wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:

In my experience those always make for the best shows. Like when Gaslight played the Middle East basement in Boston of 2012 when they'd been playing House of Blues for years. Was insanely packed and awesome.

Yeah I was at that Gaslight show, it was wild. I also just saw the menzingers at a house show in Philly, which was one of the craziest things I've seen to date.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 2:40 pm

So I finally went to see them last weekend and had a great time Very Happy
Supporting bands were both good too, it's amazing how many bands I discover this way.
Back to top Go down
sinkorswimmydear
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:42 pm

cdala wrote:
So I finally went to see them last weekend and had a great time  Very Happy
Supporting bands were both good too, it's amazing how many bands I discover this way.

same here. was a nice show in hamburg from all three bands.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 7:26 pm

So after "Rented World" had some time to sink in AND i've seen them two times supporting this record,
I have to say it has pretty much grown up to be ranked just a little bit below OTIP and more or less on the same spot with Chamberlain Waits for me. I even caught myself not knowing if some songs were from OTIP or RW when listening on random play. Very Happy

I feel like i can now "listen through" the catchy production, even ignore it subconsciously, and find the same mixture of energy, emotion & melodie which made me fall in love with those guys in the first place.

..oh well why do i end up talking about the production, like ...always?! ^^

Anyways, My ranking of RW:

First Week: 5-6
Now:          7-8

Anyone experienced the same kind of change? Question
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 9:23 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
So after "Rented World" had some time to sink in AND i've seen them two times supporting this record,
I have to say it has pretty much grown up to be ranked just a little bit below OTIP and more or less on the same spot with Chamberlain Waits for me. I even caught myself not knowing if some songs were from OTIP or RW when listening on random play. Very Happy

I feel like i can now "listen through" the catchy production, even ignore it subconsciously, and find the same mixture of energy, emotion & melodie which made me fall in love with those guys in the first place.

..oh well why do i end up talking about the production, like ...always?! ^^

Anyways, My ranking of RW:

First Week: 5-6
Now:          7-8

Anyone experienced the same kind of change? Question

I've tried very hard to embrace RW but I'm not feeling the love that you do (I've really tried). Don't get me wrong, it's not at all a bad record. It's just not in the same league as Impossible Past or Chamberlain for me. I think the problem for me is that Impossible Past was such a classic that it's almost unfair to the follow-up record.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 6:29 pm

I think the Impossible past is the Menzingers' 59 sound. I think they (wisely) didn't try to duplicate it on their next record, precisely because it is such a classic. Rented World is different, but still very good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Menzingers
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14