DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Menzingers

Go down 
+67
brianisbae
The_River
TGAFAN25
33RPMHero
Hanswurst
matkins
cdala
Yozzy
The Last Jukebox Romeo
OldManShoes3
Christophe
saraM87
Shrewsbury_Stars
DiamondSinatra
Breanne
Paddy
kissthebottle
snakester
sickgirl
Mr.Grieves
bringiton
enola
ghosttocoast
bringiton_ty
EveryLittleSecret
A_Regular
Jack
LuceroDiehard
Klown
ifieverstray
mirrorenigma
CluckyB
DeathoftheCool
moreblue
ThisMachineKillsFascists
NeverTrustAJunkie
eagles1139
riversedge
plugga
joshyboytyler
Holland
simo
ozfacter
Stalls_Standing
fullcollapse
colmillionaire
Rock bus
JJW319
NDTGA
Pants
PFREEZY
MKULTRA
Better Sense
raptorsaurus
efofex
Reinvent good times
JoshRaymond
DaveSavedTheDay
ral
JerseyDevil
nickyno
mescalero
Vibes
Prisoner
Jukebox Romeo
Snap
kcdc
71 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

The Menzingers - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:11 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
Hanswurst wrote:
drunken why da hell did i wait so long until i finally listened to this album?!! SO GOOD
this would definitely have been somewhere up top on my best of 2013 list if i knew it back than Very Happy

You mean 2012  Razz OTIP is really good, new one should be coming out sometime this year.

... oh ... Shocked Very Happy this has been around since two years? stupid stupid me. And new album this year? gonna be a hell of a year than  bounce
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 4:35 am

god damn fuckin best album of 2012
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Anybody know what time doors open/when it will start tonight?
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Great show. They played a great show, got kicked in the face only once, caught Greg for his stage dive during Casey and sang the chorus with him, and even chatted with a Mr. Ian Perkins after the show. He was just hanging out near the back. Incredibly nice guy.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Jack wrote:
Great show. They played a great show, got kicked in the face only once, caught Greg for his stage dive during Casey and sang the chorus with him, and even chatted with a Mr. Ian Perkins after the show. He was just hanging out near the back. Incredibly nice guy.

Sounds like a good night....did they play any new songs? I understand they're bringing out a new album this year.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 7:16 pm

Any word on when that new album's coming?
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 8:13 pm

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Jack wrote:

Sounds like a good night....did they play any new songs? I understand they're bringing out a new album this year.

Yeah, one. It was a Greg song called Road In or Rodent or Road End or something like that haha. It was hard to hear. It sounded...eh, it sounded alright. Couldn't really get a feel for it. Hopefully it's not one of the stronger songs on the album.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Greg said it's coming "in the spring".
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:26 pm

I will have to give Rodent another chance as well. It just didn't grab me the first time. I have to say, though, the Menzingers are always one of the best and most fun bands to see live. We flew to Asbury for the show and it was well worth it. I asked them about the new album as well, and the response was "spring" as well. One of my favorite moments was seeing Ian! Baby Wade was in his pocket. I told him I was honored to hold him. I know I was drunk, but I really did mean it!  Razz 
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 2:06 pm

Jack wrote:
The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Jack wrote:

Yeah, one. It was a Greg song called Road In or Rodent or Road End or something like that haha. It was hard to hear. It sounded...eh, it sounded alright. Couldn't really get a feel for it. Hopefully it's not one of the stronger songs on the album.

Hmm hopefully your right, I REALLY want this album to be great but I can't see them topping OTIP.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 4:38 pm

Friends of mine have heard the mixes (not me doe Sad ). Rest assured, it will be gr8.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:49 am

colmillionaire wrote:
Friends of mine have heard the mixes (not me doe Sad). Rest assured, it will be gr8.

Ehh...I have faith because the Menzingers are great and in their prime but only for that reason. I talked to people who heard Comet before the Bouncing Souls released it and said it was amazing (not hating on the Souls or saying your friends are wrong, but just saying...)
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:14 pm

Woot. New song!

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/the-menzingers-in-remission-song-rented-world-stream

Sounds awesome and like the Menzingers.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:19 pm

new album "Rented World" out Apr. 22. is up for preorder :)http://eu.kingsroadmerch.com/the-menzingers/?id=2325

also the new song+video "In Remission" is up for streaming on noisy.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/the-menzingers-in-remission-song-rented-world-stream

heared it one time and already LOOOVE it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:21 pm

33RPMHero wrote:
Woot.  New song!

you've been faster Very Happy i'll give you that  Smile 
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Thanks Hanswurst! I didn't realize the record was up for preorder. Thanks a lot. I would have probably missed it if you hadn't said something. Haha. Now I have a copy preordered. Woot Woot!
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:32 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
33RPMHero wrote:
Woot.  New song!

you've been faster :Di'll give you that  Smile 

haha, i try bro. I missed the preorder though so I think you won.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Grabbed the cream/black variant. also grabbed my dad a cd for his b-day. stoked on this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 5:04 pm

New Menzingers and new Gaslight in the same year is just amazing. Add on Lawrence Arms, Against Me, Chuck Ragan, Hold Steady...boy what a year so far
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Damn... Idk about the new song. I guess I've just been so used to OTIP, and this is definitely different. still excited about Rented World though  Smile 
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:53 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Damn... Idk about the new song. I guess I've just been so used to OTIP, and this is definitely different. still excited about Rented World though  Smile 

How is this different? The vocals sound really similarly produced. I don't feel like it would be out of place on OTIP. Not that I'm complaining. I'd be perfectly happy with OTIP Part 2.

Pre-orders were on the fritz before I went to work this morning. Hopefully the cream/black one doesn't wind up being sold out cause black vinyl is boring.

(looks like its already out of stock. poop)
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:03 pm

i think the guitar tones are way more chunky and the song itself seems more Sum41-ish than anything else I've heard by them. I'd also be happy with OTIP pt2. Wasn't really expecting a peppy pop punk song as a first single. Something about the guitars make me feel like they don't mix as well with the drums and vocals compared to the last album
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:24 pm

Maybe it's just the riff. I'm used to them doing chords progressions with little riffs over the top, but In Remission is a straight up riff
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:23 pm

I actually like the little changes from On The Impossible Past. Glad to see they've ditched the pitch correction and swapped it out for the subtle echo on Greg's voice. I actually just really like this song a lot.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:10 am

I ordered from the Europe Store by accident and ended up getting the Aqua Blue Vinyl. I live in the states though. Will there be any difference between the version I bought and the United States version or is the only difference the color?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Menzingers   The Menzingers - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Menzingers
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next