DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's everyone watching?

Go down 
+41
azlisa
NYYFAN523
drifter69
thomas94
EveryWordHandwritten
Klown
Ryan!
HorribleCrowe
Camus
mingus
The Angry Johnny Revue
Debonair
Clementine
steph
RobertODonnell
loazis
Holland
brianisbae
Jerseyrain
AngryJohnnyN1930
DeathoftheCool
MKULTRA
Harbortown
JimmyB
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Daire
simo
colmillionaire
Bea
plugga
ThisMachineKillsFascists
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Tiffiny
liveit
kcdc
stephendgaf
Asleepontheforestfloor
e7c
steady now steady now
LBAZ
MissTiffers
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:52 am

plugga wrote:
sons of anarchy was actually great last season.
I hope they don0t fuck up dexter Sad

unfortunately i missed pretty much all of series 4 so waiting til october for series to be released in UK, speed watch that then on to series 5 Very Happy haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:09 pm

The new season of SoA is gonna be so epic. I loved season 4...it just keeps getting better. You can watch every episode here*...you can find some with pretty decent quality. I think theres going to be 2 or three more seasons. And Dexter has only two more seasons left, which sucks but also might be good. I'd hate for them to over do it and get cancelled. I think they'll do a good job with it though.

*http://watchseries.eu/serie/sons_of_anarchy
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:16 pm

dexter sucked so much last season. SO. MUCH. which is a shame because the storyline had some great potential.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:41 pm

NicholasHorror wrote:
The new season of SoA is gonna be so epic. I loved season 4...it just keeps getting better. You can watch every episode here*...you can find some with pretty decent quality. I think theres going to be 2 or three more seasons. And Dexter has only two more seasons left, which sucks but also might be good. I'd hate for them to over do it and get cancelled. I think they'll do a good job with it though.

thanx dude appreciate that! dont have to wait til october haha. gonna be gutted when SOA ends. i really liked the shield by kirk sutter too. the mans a genius with shows
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:58 pm

bringiton_ty wrote:
NicholasHorror wrote:

thanx dude appreciate that! dont have to wait til october haha. gonna be gutted when SOA ends. i really liked the shield by kirk sutter too. the mans a genius with shows

Seriously, he's the man. His twitter is fun to follow too. He has a show on Discovery too, Outlaw Empire
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 4:15 pm

NicholasHorror wrote:
bringiton_ty wrote:
NicholasHorror wrote:

Seriously, he's the man. His twitter is fun to follow too. He has a show on Discovery too, Outlaw Empire

thanx! will def follow him on twitter and check that show out!
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 6:49 pm

plugga wrote:
WingsForWheels wrote:
plugga wrote:
anyone else obsessed with the newsroom?

i wouldn't say i'm obsessed, but i am watching it every week.

i find that with such an idealistic show its important to have great characters to make all the idealism believable, and to make it so that the show is still based around people and not politics. the West Wing did a fantastic job with this. Josh is my avatar and Toby is one of my favorite characters in any piece of literature or film ever. Bartlet was an amazing character as well. And Donna did the whole awkward-but-still-so-cute thing much better than either Mac or Maggie in the Newsroom. this is where the Newsroom falls a little bit short of expectations for me.

My expectations for the Newsroom were extremely high, given Sorkin's output in the past. it hasn't quite measured up for me, but it is still very enjoyable and i look forward to it every Sunday.

I don't watch the west wing but I am loving the newsroom so much, I love that they talk about actual news and jeff daniels is doing a great job tbh!

yeah it is really cool; there were so many big stories during the time when its set.
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:03 pm

I just watched "The Thin Red Line" last night...which was inevitably a big mistake. I felt so conflicted and angsty after watching that film that I was up for quite a few hours after because I couldn't get my brain to shut up. Wow.

I expected a film about a group of soldiers bonding or some shit...but this...just, wow. >.<
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:28 pm

Kosburn59 wrote:
I just watched "The Thin Red Line" last night...which was inevitably a big mistake. I felt so conflicted and angsty after watching that film that I was up for quite a few hours after because I couldn't get my brain to shut up. Wow.

I expected a film about a group of soldiers bonding or some shit...but this...just, wow. >.<

Thought about watching it a few weeks ago... affraid but I don't know if I still wanna do that..

Last movie that really blew me away, because it was so crazy and delusive was Shutter Island I think (watched it about a year ago)

Last edited by thomas94 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:28 pm

thomas94 wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:

Thought about watching it a few weeks ago... affraid but I don't know if I still wanna do that..

It's definitely worth a see, but it requires 100% attention and it really doesn't give any answers or really even come to a conclusion...it just sort of drifts. It's good, but it's just very strange, as well as melancholy. :/
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 1:49 am

WingsForWheels wrote:
plugga wrote:
WingsForWheels wrote:
plugga wrote:
anyone else obsessed with the newsroom?

i wouldn't say i'm obsessed, but i am watching it every week.

i find that with such an idealistic show its important to have great characters to make all the idealism believable, and to make it so that the show is still based around people and not politics. the West Wing did a fantastic job with this. Josh is my avatar and Toby is one of my favorite characters in any piece of literature or film ever. Bartlet was an amazing character as well. And Donna did the whole awkward-but-still-so-cute thing much better than either Mac or Maggie in the Newsroom. this is where the Newsroom falls a little bit short of expectations for me.

My expectations for the Newsroom were extremely high, given Sorkin's output in the past. it hasn't quite measured up for me, but it is still very enjoyable and i look forward to it every Sunday.

I don't watch the west wing but I am loving the newsroom so much, I love that they talk about actual news and jeff daniels is doing a great job tbh!

yeah it is really cool; there were so many big stories during the time when its set.

I keep meaning to watch the Newsroom. I'm failing as a Sorkin fan.

BUT...you love The Newsroom and you haven't seen The West Wing?????? Go watch it! haha. From what I've heard about the Newsroom it doesn't hold a candle to The West Wing (an impossible feat) so you will love The West Wing. One of the greatest shows to ever air on television. (for the first 4 seasons at least)
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:44 am

I will probably love it given my obsession with politics and stuff but... SEVEN SEASONS?? ugh, that's a lot, it's gonna take me some time Razz
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:33 am

Kosburn59 wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:

It's definitely worth a see, but it requires 100% attention and it really doesn't give any answers or really even come to a conclusion...it just sort of drifts. It's good, but it's just very strange, as well as melancholy. :/

Ok, think I'll give it a watch the next days.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 12:57 pm

plugga wrote:
I will probably love it given my obsession with politics and stuff but... SEVEN SEASONS?? ugh, that's a lot, it's gonna take me some time Razz

like stitches said, the first 4 seasons are a priority here.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:22 pm

WingsForWheels wrote:
plugga wrote:

...After that Sorkin left the show so season 5 is downright boring. I don't think I ever finished it. Season 6 picks up some but it's different. I really enjoyed season 7 though but it kind of felt like a different show.
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Annnnnnd I finally saw Dark Knight Rises.

Lots of nail biting.

Lots of feels in the end.

Utter satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:19 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
WingsForWheels wrote:
plugga wrote:

...After that Sorkin left the show so season 5 is downright boring. I don't think I ever finished it. Season 6 picks up some but it's different. I really enjoyed season 7 though but it kind of felt like a different show.

yeah the santos campaign definitely breathed a bit of new life in the show. alda and smits did a very good job with their characters. the santos/josh campaign story was much better than the happenings at the White House, which still lacked something i found. i mean, it was all still enjoyable television, but the Sorkin years were glorious.

do you have a favorite episode? i've gotta go with the season 2 finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaUPDYXQUtw

that's how it's done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's everyone watching?
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12