DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's everyone watching?

Go down 
+41
azlisa
NYYFAN523
drifter69
thomas94
EveryWordHandwritten
Klown
Ryan!
HorribleCrowe
Camus
mingus
The Angry Johnny Revue
Debonair
Clementine
steph
RobertODonnell
loazis
Holland
brianisbae
Jerseyrain
AngryJohnnyN1930
DeathoftheCool
MKULTRA
Harbortown
JimmyB
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Daire
simo
colmillionaire
Bea
plugga
ThisMachineKillsFascists
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Tiffiny
liveit
kcdc
stephendgaf
Asleepontheforestfloor
e7c
steady now steady now
LBAZ
MissTiffers
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Klown wrote:
21 Jump Street

Wow, I'll be openly honest here, I wasn't expecting ANYTHING from this. Turned out to be a really funny and nicely paced movie. Almost an old skool buddy movie feel to it, and had it been released in the 80's, we probably would have heard a lot more about. Would have to say that everyone is perfectly cast as well, with a cool soundtrack. I'm not a fan of comedies, but this one had me laughing out loud on more than a few occasions. Highly recommended, leave all preconceptions behind for this one and give it a chance, you'll thank me later.

8/10

ahh, i thought you were talking about the show at first. i've seen a few episodes of the show...mostly cause of Johnny Depp. might check out the movie now...
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:39 pm

steph wrote:

ahh, i thought you were talking about the show at first. i've seen a few episodes of the show...mostly cause of Johnny Depp. might check out the movie now...

It's NOTHING like the show, I think they took the right approach and went for pure cheese and comedy. Worked perfectly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:41 pm

harry Potter moviethon on ABCFamily today, until the NASCAR all star race tonight.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:45 pm

I've never saw a Harry Potter movie...well, 20 minutes of the first one...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Klown wrote:
I've never saw a Harry Potter movie...

me either! never got into Harry Potter. although i never would have gotten into LOTR, either, if my friends hadn't dragged me.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:46 pm

steph wrote:
Klown wrote:
I've never saw a Harry Potter movie...

me either! never got into Harry Potter. although i never would have gotten into LOTR, either, if my friends hadn't dragged me.

I'm incredibly gay for all things LotR...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:48 pm

i believe that Razz
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:55 pm

I like the books more....good modern literature is so hard to find anymore.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:58 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I like the books more....good modern literature is so hard to find anymore.

I think there's a good middle ground, and the movie found that. There's not a lot of films/books can say that. Sure, there's a lot left out of the movie, but it doesn't take away from the overall story.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:01 pm

LOTR is fucking glorious, whether it's in book or movie form.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Camus wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

...and even moreso in extended blu-ray (not the crappy normal blu-ray)
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:14 pm

i want to have a LOTR marathon. it's been ages since i've seen any of the movies. although to be honest, i think the social aspect was a big part of why i loved going to see those movies. pretty sure we saw the first one about a dozen times in the theater.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:16 pm

I saw each one at least 3 times, glorious experiences. Roll on The Hobbit.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:21 pm

I saw return of the King in theaters with my 8th grade class...with lunch at a restaurant called Ponderossa afterwards..They even let us take the rest of the day off and hang in the gym....I wanted to get back to class, seeing how I disliked Most people in my grade then. I think I spent the rest of the day reading in the gym.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Jimmy...forever the opposite rebel Smile
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:23 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I saw return of the King in theaters with my 8th grade class...with lunch at a restaurant called Ponderossa afterwards..They even let us take the rest of the day off and hang in the gym....I wanted to get back to class, seeing how I disliked Most people in my grade then. I think I spent the rest of the day reading in the gym.

whhaaat they took you to the movies for school??
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:34 pm

steph wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

whhaaat they took you to the movies for school??
It was a field trip. Amazing they let us do something not related to state testing tests. We also had a "Titanic Day" Where the 7th grade reading teacher did a full day presentation on the Titanic, from the books, the trip, I even got to touch a piece of coal from the titanic. Sadly she retired when I was a junior, and she passed away last month. She was a fascinating teacher. Civil rights member, and all that.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:44 pm

steph wrote:
i want to have a LOTR marathon. it's been ages since i've seen any of the movies. although to be honest, i think the social aspect was a big part of why i loved going to see those movies. pretty sure we saw the first one about a dozen times in the theater.
Fuck yeah. Had a LOTR marathon a few years back, it was a lot of fun, especially during the last hours because everyone's just laughing from being so tired.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:46 pm

We did a Star Wars and LotR extended blu-rays marathons a few months back...jeez, that was interesting towards the end..
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Avengers

Urghh...I love comics, and I love action movies, but yet this left me so cold. I know I'm not a Marvel fan, but I loved all the lead-up movies into this film, even with the characters I had no time for. For all the hype, and for all the money took so far, this film did nothing for me. Nothing picks up until the last 30 minutes and by that point, it's far too late for me. I cared nothing for any of the characters in this movie, whereas in previous movies I was made care. Hopefully the following batch of sequels and such make me care again, because Avengers 2 already is doing nothing for me.

3/10
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 7:30 pm

I'm not into superhero/action movies at all so I don't really know how to judge but I didn't really like it either. But I don't think I've heard a single negative thing about it from any of my friends. Made me think I was going to see the greatest movie of all time or something.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 7:35 pm

simo wrote:
I'm not into superhero/action movies at all so I don't really know how to judge but I didn't really like it either. But I don't think I've heard a single negative thing about it from any of my friends. Made me think I was going to see the greatest movie of all time or something.

I know where you're coming from, I was getting the same expectation, but as a comic book fan, I couldn't wait, even with the characters I hadn't previously liked, the earlier films made me care, so I wasn't getting lost in the hype, I thought everything and the praise was honest and I was watching it with open thoughts.

Meh, I was wrong. Ahhh well, life goes on.

Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:56 pm

I saw the hunger games today, I'm a HUUUUGE fan of the books, loved the actors (jennifer lawrence is PUUURFEEECT) but the movie overall was a bit meh Sad
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:11 pm

I've got that to watch, keep putting it off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's everyone watching?   What's everyone watching? - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's everyone watching?
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next