DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie

Go down 
+13
Palmer89
lynchyeatspizza
steady now steady now
steph
liveit
LBAZ
ktp
The Dude
Jukebox Romeo
JoshRaymond
Stalls_Standing
Forum Owner
e7c
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:25 am

e6c wrote:
JoshRaymond wrote:
damn to far away from me

what website do you use to find punk shows in texas?

for me nothing i just kinda play it by ear

ill see if i can find anything for you, when do you leave texas?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:48 am

march 2nd
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:42 pm

dude. go see Streetlight. seriously.

Feb 10 Java Jazz Coffee House Kingwood, TX
Feb 11 Emo's Austin, TX

they put on the best show ever. you absolutely have to go see them one of these dates. idk which is closer, but you have to make it out to one of them. they are playing with A Wilhelm Scream, The Swellers, and The Stitch Up for these dates, so you get a full headline show
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 4:54 pm

So right now I am in texas taking a five week course and I just got busted checking out the forum while class was going on!

damn the man!
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 5:03 pm

what do you do that got you in austin taking classes for 5 weeks?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:54 pm

I am in the military
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:29 pm

ill be at that streetlight show in austin hopefully you can make it e6c
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:32 pm

e6c wrote:
I am in the military

oh cool, my cousins and best freinds are, i got one in the marines, hes in cali. his bro in navy in japan, then my best freind kyle is in the air force in mississippi and our other good freind in florida in the navy
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:26 am

thanks, I absolultley love being in the army. I have been in for 10 years now and it was one of the best decisions of my life
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:28 am

thats cool, i tried to get in the air force w/ kyle, but im too fat and couldnt lose enough weight intime. so said forget it
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:35 am

that is cool... the military is not for everyone... that being said, if you need help ever coming up with a work out plan just give me the word and I will help you out
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:58 am

im tryin, i mean im big but imnot that big at 6 foot, 240,im semi comfortable, ivebeen running about 30 min a day and only eating sandhwiches some chips and water for meals, hardest part is givin up beer. that and idont like vegatables otherwise id try and make my meal like chicken and brocali/green beams for a month and i know that would do it.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:27 pm

I got promoted today, so my new call sign is Echo Seven Charlie... it doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:45 pm

idk how i feel about this
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 4:38 am

nice one well done! but yeah e6c sounded better! Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:06 pm

This is my 1000th post. Just thought I would share a few things...

first off, I am so glad this site it so doing well, I can not thank everyone here enough. This site has taken what was already my favorite band and made them legendary for me. Thanks to all of you that post regularly, record concerts, rip audio and help me with my new found love of vinyl.

I have been a fan of TGA since June '07 thanks to Andrew from Against Me! telling me that "...these guys [TGA] are amazing, they are going to be huge someday" and then later telling me they were playing in Weimar (about 2 hours from my house at the time) and that "they are expecting you".

When I first heard TGA I immdiatley fell in love with 1930, I thought the lyrics and message were beautiful (even if I was wrong about what the song was about) and it still remains my favorite song by them.

I have had many chances to see them play live, but there are 3 shows that stick out in my mind. My favorite show was seeing them play in Wurzburg where the guys let me get on stage and sing 1930 with them (this was the 4th most amazing moment of my life). The best I have ever seen them perform was the show in Berlin with Stalls, the only thing I have to say about that show is that they were on fire that night! and after the show Benny, the Alexes and I got crazy drunk until about 4 am and then got lost trying to find our way back to our hotels. The other concert that sticks out was the Area 4 festival where I showed up as they were warming up and Alex L. saw me in the crowd, told me to go to the side and gave me backstage passes. I then got to see them perform while standing on stage with them! We continued to hang out for the rest of the day but Alex L. and I went back on stage to watch Bad Religion play but mid-way through their set I said to Alex "this is Bad Religion, we can't watch them play from back stage, we need to go into the crowd", once in the crowd we messed around in the pit for a few minutes, then went back on the stage and I got my picture with Brett!

TGA is the band that got me into collecting vinyl. I actually had quite a large collection of records before I got my record player. And after much deliberation about what the first song to play would be I chose 1930 and I used my White with red splatter version. I poured myself a glass of Johnnie Walker Gold Label and dropped the needle, it really was a beautiful moment. I do believe that I may possibly have the most expensive TGA Vinyl collection as I have spent over $550 on Sink or Swim alone (I bought the test pressing for charity at $350 and a copy of the black 1st pressing for $200 and I also have a white/red splatter copy, and a transparent copy).

TGA has also helped me get into so many other bands... It is because of them that I am now obsessed with Joe Strummer, I think that Nebraska by Springsteen is one of the best albums of all time and that Once Upon a Time (Robert Bradley's live version) is one of the most beautiful recordings ever.

TGA has also been an important aspect in my life. I used the line "we're much too young of men, to carry such heavy heads" when I spoke at the funeral of my soldier PFC Andrew Shields and will at some point have the line "more than the stars in the sky" tattoo'd on my forearm surrounding my daughter's footprint.

So, thanks again to all of you for supporting my TGA addiction. And thanks to the guys for writing, singing, recording and performing such beautiful music.
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:19 pm

I didn't realise that you went away to war until I was scanning the pictures thread.
I still remember when my stepdad went to Afghanistan.
He still isn't the same man and it was in Dec 2007 he came back, just in time for my youngest brother's birth.
That year affected not only my stepdad but my whole family. I think it had more of an impact on me that anything else will ever have. It brought out a lot of things that needed to be dealt with sooner, rather than later.
Anyway, I just wanted to say I sort of understand how much the music influences and inspires you. When times are hard, it good to find refuge in something that can bring you even a moment of happiness among the storm.
It is people like you and my stepdad, who are a real inspiration to me with their courage.
Well done on 1000 posts.
Hopefully I can get to 100 soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:55 pm

Well said e7c. It's nice to know there are people that have a passion for music, as I do, a positive passion. Sharing stories like those I think makes people realize how special those moments are- I do anyway- makes me want to hold my own memories a little closer. Thanks for all you've done here, huge kudos. I think you should change that "it's pronounced Echo Six Charlie" though- you've moved up! Be well.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:29 pm

nice one well said! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:14 pm

happy birthday bro!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:01 pm

ditto that- happy birthday!!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:45 pm

thanks... my gift is pretty awesome, in the next few days I am going to be getting a professionally installed home audio system! I am going to have it put in our guestroom so I can listen to music and just lay on the bed and relax!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:01 am

e7c wrote:
thanks... my gift is pretty awesome, in the next few days I am going to be getting a professionally installed home audio system! I am going to have it put in our guestroom so I can listen to music and just lay on the bed and relax!

Sweet! Happy birthday as well, even if it's a bit late!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:01 am

it been awhile, but I am finally back! The army has kept me pretty busy, I am either in the woods or getting home so late that all I do is go to bed and then wake up at 0400 to go back to work, so sadly I had to make a choice between spending my limited free time with family or the forum...
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:42 am

don't worry, i think we all more than understand. family and jobs come waaay before talking about bands with people you've never met before. good to have you back though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie   its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

its pronounced Echo Seven Charlie
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next