DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP

Go down 
4 posters

This EP is:
the Bee's knees!
07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP Vote_lcap20%07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
a great EP!
07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP Vote_lcap60%07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
the Cat's pajamas!
07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP Vote_lcap20%07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
the greatest EP ever!
07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP Vote_lcap0%07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP Empty
PostSubject: 07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP   07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:31 pm

http://rapidshare.com/files/360391191/e7c_EP.zip

Flora by Peter, Paul and Mary. I know what you guys are thinking, did e7c really reserve the first track for that old band that did that song about weed? Well, yes and no. First off, lets set the record straight, yes they recorded Puff The Magic dragon and no that song is not about drugs, it is about losing childhood innocence and growing up. Secondly, PP&M are awesome! Think all there songs are about cute/smiley things? Listen to Flora, basically this song is about a guy with a crush on a girl but then she has a boyfriend, so what does he do? Step aside and wait for her to be single? Nope. Tell the guy his intentions to steal his girlfriend? Nope. Kill the boyfriend by stabbing him in the chest? Yep. PP&M are hardcore rebels. Another reason I decided to add PP&M to this mixtape is that the way I feel about TGA is the way my dad feels about PP&M (he took Mary on a date in Moscow and even got to kiss her! and is a good friend of Paul!)

Flower Faces by Old Canes. I hate to admit this, but I bought this album purely after watching a video of how it was made. I figured that anyone willing to put this much effort into the packaging surely put it into the music... I was right. Old Canes has a beautiful sound that shows that knowing your instrument instead of relying on the sound engineer/producer is the way to great music. If you own a record player be sure to get this album on vinyl, this is the sound that vinyl was made for! Check out the video showing how they made the album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WV_1cEGe2M&feature=player_embedded

Rumbrave by Murder By Death. "Whiskey was for supper a man couldn't ask for better!" Man I love that line! MBD are probably one of the most interesting bands that I know of. There are many bands that use non standard instruments but most are just gimmicks (DKM I am looking at you and your bagpipes), that can not be said with MBD, the cello plays a beautiful part of MBD without getting cheesy about it. I also love MBD's story telling ability, the album Red of Tooth and Claw is really more of a novel than a record.

Tribal Connections by Gogol Bordello. The people said that my last mixtape did not have enough Ukranian Gypsy folk punk, so here you go. Gogol Bordello really is an odd band, I first saw them while waiting for Against Me! to play at the Bonaroo festival... Accordians, luchadores and senoritas?!? what? Needless to say they put on an incredibly entertaining show.

Fire and Rain by James Taylor. I am sure many of you have heard this song before, I had heard it many times and always thought it was pretty good... and then I learned what the song is about and it became so unbelievably powerful. Any idea what the line "Sweet Dreams, flying machines and pieces on the ground" is about? That is his girlfriend's plane crashing. Seriously. James Taylor's girlfriend died in a plane crash and he wrote this song in the following days. I guess the moral of the song is always tell your loved ones that you love them because you never know when it will be too late.

Where The Wild Rose Grows by Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue. This could be one of the most beautiful/creepy songs I have ever heard. Basically it is a boy meets girl, boy takes girl on a few dates song, boy smashes girl's head in with a rock and buries her underneath some flowers. and they say romance is dead!

Last edited by e7c on Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP   07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:03 pm

that poll seems biased...
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP   07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:20 am

I have that Old Canes' album but hadn't seen that video. I only have it in digital form though. But that makes me want to order the CD.
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: 07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP   07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:13 am

The Old Canes track is pretty good, and I'm loving Red of Tooth and Claw at the minute anyway so Rumbrave was a welcome inclusion. I quite enjoy Gogol Bordello live when you can see the passion that they put into a performance, but just as a listening experience it sort of falls flat for me. And I'm afraid to say that the other three songs aren't really to my tastes, but hey, I tried!

Thanks for the Mix tho, e7c!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP   07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

07 MAR 2010 Echo Seven Charlie's EP
Page 1 of 1