DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results

Go down 
+9
Debonair
DeathoftheCool
mingus
CluckyB
cms35
shredderrrrrr
TLRRescue
flannel
enola
13 posters
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Empty
PostSubject: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:46 pm

171 of you took part in our poll to find the top 25 Gaslight songs. Thank you all for your participation and your votes. The poll closed yesterday and [*drum roll*] the results are already in!  cheers

Before we get down to the numbers here are some interesting facts for you:

>> The '59 Sound had quite an endspurt. Only a few days ago The Backseat and Great Expectations were still in the lead.
>> Compared to the 2010 poll results the top 5 almost contain of the same songs. 5 years ago 1930 made it to the top (now No. 4) and The '59 Sound jumped this year to No. 1 (having been No. 3 in 2010).
>> The highest entry from the 2 new albums is the song Handwritten, ranking at No. 6.
>> The highest ranked song from American Slang is the bonus track She Loves You, beating American Slang by one place.

>> The Backseat is the biggest winner, moving 26 places up the ranking
>> Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis has lost the most votes and dropped from 5 to 23
>> The song with the LEAST amount of points on any of Gaslight's records is again Red In The Morning
>> The album version of Boxer ranks 25 places higher than the alternative iTunes Session version
>> Difference between Red at Night and Red in the Morning: 11 places
>> The top 3 ranked covers were: Once Upon A Time (65), Baba O'Reily (72) and Songs For Teenagers (73)

>> The most people (131) voted for Great Expectations
>> Only one person voted for the cover Sliver but made it their No. 3 song
>> Apart from Sliver, 1930 has the highest average vote with 16,14 points.

And we suppose you all love some more detailed statistics:
Top 10 per Album
Sink Or Swim              (1)
Senor And The Queen (1)
The '59 Sound             (5)
American Slang           (0)
Handwritten                (3)
Get Hurt                     (0)

Top 25 per Album
Sink Or Swim              (4)
Senor And The Queen (2)
The '59 Sound             (7)
American Slang           (4)
Handwritten                (5)
Get Hurt                     (3)

And finally here is the Top 25 Ranking of 2015:

Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Top2510

So are the results how you expected them to be?
Does the comparison to the 2010 poll reflect how your favourites changed over the years?
Which fact surprised you the most?

You can find the complete ranking HERE or by clicking on the below preview
Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Bild3_12

So, that's it for now from us. We hope you all enjoyed this as much as we did - let's do it again in 5 years  Smile
DSS Admin/Moderator Team

Last edited by enola on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:02 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:54 pm

I personally am going to be the whiny trash baby who finds much of this very boring. But I guess hits are hits for a reason...
anyway, two of my top 15 are in the bottom 15... very painful for me Suspect
Back to top Go down
TLRRescue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TLRRescue

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 1:10 pm

I am glad to see I am not the only one who hates the cover of Sliver. Well, not the cover, the song in general! This is pretty cool! I agree with most of the results except for a few. I think Drive should be higher up as well as Mama's Boy but overall, agree wholeheartedly! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thelastresortrescue.com
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 1:35 pm

Red in the Morning was really the lowest? Man, I love that song.
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 3:49 pm

Interesting....

Misery was way lower than I thought it'd be.

Re: covers. Some things shouldn't be covered. Ever. By anyone. (But I'll stop there and will not comment on which ones I think are sacrilege cuz who cares what I think anyhow...Wink).
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 5:16 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:

All of SoS is super underranked. Presumably the fans of the newer stuff have obviously stuck around while a lot of the people who like the older stuff just don't come around here anymore.

still, seeing it get half the votes as something like Too Much Blood kinda hurts Sad
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 6:27 pm

Lovely! What I wouldn't give for a Gaslight show with these 25 songs... Thanks for organising this, very interesting!
Love the list, but I can't really understand why '59 Sound is number one (wasn't even in my top25... Perhaps I heard it too much?)

Let's hope they try to play some of these songs a bit more often. I haven't heard Here's Looking At You, Kid in ages, and it's my favourite Gaslight song!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Ehh it's interesting to me how high a lot of these songs made it on the list... The Patient Ferris Wheel, 45, Mae, Dark Places, Wooderson... can't really say i'm surprised though, this does seem like an accurate representation of which songs people seem to like most.
I'm very biased, but how Bring It On isn't in the top 10 is beyond me.  As Gaslight changes more and more over time I think it's becoming harder to objectively compare and rank these songs, especially when thinking about Get Hurt and Sink or Swim. I also think this list would be a lot different if the Horrible Crowes songs were included.  But I'm glad Mulholland Drive, Meet Me By the River's Edge, and some of my favorite AS songs got in there, and that Blue Dahlia made it so high on the list! Come see about me muthafucka!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 9:46 pm

CluckyB wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

All of SoS is super underranked. Presumably the fans of the newer stuff have obviously stuck around while a lot of the people who like the older stuff just don't come around here anymore.

still, seeing it get half the votes as something like Too Much Blood kinda hurts Sad

Still to be fair, it did get dead last the last time this survey was taken.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 11:50 pm

Can't say a lot surprises me about this list. Although I would've thought Red In The Morning would've gained A LITTLE ground by now. It certainly has moved up a few notches in my book. I mean, Desire beat it? No

I am SOOOO pleased to see that the album version of Boxer was ranked THAT much higher than the itunes version. I was worried I was the only one who felt that way! cheers

I wonder how time will affect the ranking of the Get Hurt songs. I know I for one was a little hard on that album because I feel I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase with it. I'm really surprised at how low some of those songs were ranked (Red Violins, Rollin' and Tumblin')

I'm mostly happy about this though. 12 of my top 25 are on this top 25!

mingus wrote:
Lovely! What I wouldn't give for a Gaslight show with these 25 songs... Thanks for organising this, very interesting!
Love the list, but I can't really understand why '59 Sound is number one (wasn't even in my top25... Perhaps I heard it too much?)

Let's hope they try to play some of these songs a bit more often. I haven't heard Here's Looking At You, Kid in ages, and it's my favourite Gaslight song!

Hahaha, I was just thinking "Great! Now I DON'T want to see a show with even half of that top 25." Some of my favorites (and clearly some of the fanbases favorites) are just too overplayed. The way you said you feel about '59 Sound is how I feel about Great Expectations (and Here's Lookin' at You Kid). If I don't hear either song live for 5 years it'll be too soon. And it's a shame because I do really like GE. I'm just. so. sick of it.

Thanks for doing this admins! And for that little fun fact list Manuela.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 8:17 am

I get that, but then again: in my book, a favourite song is a song that I can hear over and over again without getting sick of it. Gaslight has a few of those songs, and each time I see them I only want to hear those songs and practically nothing else. Tunnel vision, I know, but hey, then they shouldn't have made those songs so awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
NervousFeetHeartofStone
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 11:45 am

I think it's pretty interesting that the highest-ranking track from AS, the second-highest from Handwritten, and the third-highest from Get Hurt are all bonus tracks, not even on the standard album. Maybe they ought to start including their bonus tracks!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:11 am

mingus wrote:
I get that, but then again: in my book, a favourite song is a song that I can hear over and over again without getting sick of it. Gaslight has a few of those songs, and each time I see them I only want to hear those songs and practically nothing else. Tunnel vision, I know, but hey, then they shouldn't have made those songs so awesome Smile

Oh same here! I ranked 59 sound as like #2 or 3 on my list for that reason. But if I had the choice between hearing '59 Sound for the 30th time and hearing We Did It When We Were Young (which didn't come close to making my top 25) I'd rather WDIWWWY because I've never heard it live before.

I think I see what you mean more so with other artists I love. Like if Bruce ever didn't play Born to Run at a show, I'd be devastated! But for me there's so little distance between my favorite and least favorite Gaslight songs (barring maybe three that absolutely dislike) that it's more about how rarely I get to experience that song in a live setting, than where it ranks compared to the others.
Back to top Go down
MorganEightSix
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MorganEightSix

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 12:18 pm

Think my biggest surprise was how low Boxer finished and how high Dark Places finished. Great to see Blue Dahlia finishing so high. Love that song.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the list from 5 years ago? Be good to see that.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 12:18 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
mingus wrote:

Oh same here! I ranked 59 sound as like #2 or 3 on my list for that reason. But if I had the choice between hearing '59 Sound for the 30th time and hearing We Did It When We Were Young (which didn't come close to making my top 25) I'd rather WDIWWWY because I've never heard it live before.

I think I see what you mean more so with other artists I love. Like if Bruce ever didn't play Born to Run at a show, I'd be devastated! But for me there's so little distance between my favorite and least favorite Gaslight songs (barring maybe three that absolutely dislike) that it's more about how rarely I get to experience that song in a live setting, than where it ranks compared to the others.

Conclusion: they should play a show where they play ALL of their songs! I'll make sure to clear my schedule.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 12:59 pm

MorganEightSix wrote:
Think my biggest surprise was how low Boxer finished and how high Dark Places finished. Great to see Blue Dahlia finishing so high. Love that song.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the list from 5 years ago? Be good to see that.

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t2218p80-the-top-25-gaslight-anthem-songs-the-results-are-on-page-5
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 2:50 pm

mingus wrote:
mingus wrote:

Conclusion: they should play a show where they play ALL of their songs! I'll make sure to clear my schedule.

Haha, YES! cheers  Every show. According to iTunes that will only take 4 hours and 39 minutes as long as they exclusively stick to the studio albums and their bonus tracks. They could handle that, right?
Back to top Go down
MorganEightSix
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MorganEightSix

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 8:34 pm

Debonair wrote:
MorganEightSix wrote:

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t2218p80-the-top-25-gaslight-anthem-songs-the-results-are-on-page-5

Thanks very much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 7:00 am

mingus wrote:
mingus wrote:

Haha, YES! cheers  Every show. According to iTunes that will only take 4 hours and 39 minutes as long as they exclusively stick to the studio albums and their bonus tracks. They could handle that, right?

Just make sure to make some time for Brians banter, so about 5 hours straight should do the trick!
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 3:29 pm

I must say I am not surprised by the results, though I am kinda disappointed in how underrated some songs apparently are. Red In The Morning so low? I wake up every day to that song cause it makes me start the day with a smile on my face!! But then again, if we all thought the same it would all be so boring Razz
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 12:53 am

mingus wrote:
mingus wrote:
mingus wrote:

Just make sure to make some time for Brians banter, so about 5 hours straight should do the trick!

Oh definitely! And ya know, maybe a second for them to breath. They aren't robots. 5 hour long shows might be a bit tiring Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results   Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 25 The Gaslight Anthem songs - Poll results
Page 1 of 1