DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon solo shows

Go down 
+63
Great Expectations..
TGA30
brucesboots
Down by the Mersey
prettyontheinsidex
jac185
bigbug
brunswick18
allamericandan1
NeverTrustAJunkie
steady now steady now
bootime
DeathoftheCool
GlennR
cmigs
TheWaxAndTheNeedle
Navesink Banks
BossTime
myoldmanshoes
riversedge
aaydmc2
thebends
SirBrad
brianisbae
pwm112
LuceroDiehard
turnitin2004
bt211
Jack
cms35
LizCollinsNY
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Jaws
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
kjakm
cdala
Yozzy
RobertODonnell
shredderrrrrr
eagles1139
ivienco
NotLikeWeBleed
MKULTRA
Smasha13
flannel
Debonair
Asmith1912
rumham
TLRRescue
BKO5950505
pleasepassthesoup
moosicmaniac
Shrewsbury_Stars
enola
Rizz
big blue
njguy99
macci
jensomniac
miked331
StitchesOnTheRadio
Zach_Edelman
LiveFastDieOld
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 2:26 pm

njguy99 wrote:
turnitin2004 wrote:

Like I said earlier, to me thats understandable.  If youre a hardcore fan you loved the last couple nights, but I can understand if someone was a gaslight anthem fan and came to hear him play some gaslight stuff that they might be disappointed.  If they only know brian from gaslight and never heard elsie they were probably expecting gaslight stuff, and didnt hear a single song they know.  i can understand them being disappointed a little.

like i said, ive seen them 20 times or so, so i thought it was an amazing show cause we almost never get a chance to hear that stuff, but if you didnt know THC existed you might be bummed a little.

I understand being disappointed, truly. But the time to express that is quietly, AWAY from the stage. These guys were very loud, and doing it right as Brian was singing ("Smoke" at time, if I remember correctly).
Of course one of the guys also answered his phone and had a loud conversation a few songs earlier.

Ah ok yes that I would agree with. I didn't realize it was that bad.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 2:33 pm

I didn't really notice any problems with the crowd (although my hearing's been kinda wrecked from years of concert-going, so if they were behind me I might just not have heard it). I thought the crowd was way more into the openers last night than they were on Thursday, but probably a bit less energetic for Brian's set than they were the previous night. All in all, it was a great couple nights.
Back to top Go down
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Smasha13

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 9:26 pm

I am so so jealous of everyone that got to attend. The videos are amazing. Hopefully he takes this type of show on the road!

Also it sucks about some of the asshats that were in the audience. What a waste of space. It's so insulting to the performer and the audience to go there and be disruptive and ruin the experience for everyone.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 1:05 am

ok all they need to do is teach alex L and benny the rhythm parts and then they can play the horrible crowes songs with gaslight
Back to top Go down
TheWaxAndTheNeedle
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 1:49 pm

LizCollinsNY wrote:
NotLikeWeBleed wrote:
miked331 wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
Agreed great show tonight.
It was especially cool hearing everyone singing the chorus on "Go Tell Everybody".

I'll mention the talking again though. During both openers, people were having loud conversations not far from the stage. If you want to talk go outside or over to the bar. It's disrespectful to the performers and the audience.

Not just the openers. To the 4 tools standing near the camera man that had a four way conversation throughout the entire show thanks for making it aggravating for everyone near you. And by everyone I mean half the venue. When multiple people yell at you its time to stop or move. Know where you are and what kind of show your at.

Especially loved it when one of you finally apologized and then wouldn't shut up about apologizing. Thanks.

I was about to lose it man, those assholes would not shut up. The one guy faced away from the stage the whole show and continuously just sang whatever words he wanted or whatever sounded right (right in my ear). When I asked him to chill, he must have apologized for a solid 5 minutes. Amazing show overall though.

Let me guess, two guys, one kinda tall and one with slicked back hair, with a couple of petite girls?  I saw them again last night and left a wide berth.  Night 1 I was ready to just grab the guy and yell in his face to SHUT UP!  He kept asking for State of Love and Trust and didn't know any words to anything.  Brutal.

I had the pleasure of watching these two flirt with the two girls on Friday night. I didn't mind too much until the one who was like 6 foot plus started standing in front of the girl (and indirectly me) and joking about how he was "blocking her view hahahaha". I really enjoyed the show nonetheless. They should consider raising the stage a foot or so and viewing all around would be much better.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 7:26 pm

All three nights were absolutely stellar. Thursday was my personal favorite but I would have considered myself lucky to attend any one of the three nights.
I had been looking forward to the shows but could never have imagined how great Brian, Ian and Alex sounded. And I loved the stories in between. Finally got to hear Red Lights and Smoke live. Red Lights turned out my favorite song of the year.
Crossroads is a great venue.
Back to top Go down
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Smasha13

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 7:47 pm

TheWaxAndTheNeedle wrote:
LizCollinsNY wrote:
NotLikeWeBleed wrote:
miked331 wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
It was especially cool hearing everyone singing the chorus on "Go Tell Everybody".

I'll mention the talking again though. During both openers, people were having loud conversations not far from the stage. If you want to talk go outside or over to the bar. It's disrespectful to the performers and the audience.

Not just the openers. To the 4 tools standing near the camera man that had a four way conversation throughout the entire show thanks for making it aggravating for everyone near you. And by everyone I mean half the venue. When multiple people yell at you its time to stop or move. Know where you are and what kind of show your at.

Especially loved it when one of you finally apologized and then wouldn't shut up about apologizing. Thanks.

I was about to lose it man, those assholes would not shut up. The one guy faced away from the stage the whole show and continuously just sang whatever words he wanted or whatever sounded right (right in my ear). When I asked him to chill, he must have apologized for a solid 5 minutes. Amazing show overall though.

Let me guess, two guys, one kinda tall and one with slicked back hair, with a couple of petite girls?  I saw them again last night and left a wide berth.  Night 1 I was ready to just grab the guy and yell in his face to SHUT UP!  He kept asking for State of Love and Trust and didn't know any words to anything.  Brutal.

I had the pleasure of watching these two flirt with the two girls on Friday night. I didn't mind too much until the one who was like 6 foot plus started standing in front of the girl (and indirectly me) and joking about how he was "blocking her view hahahaha". I really enjoyed the show nonetheless. They should consider raising the stage a foot or so and viewing all around would be much better.

I can honestly say that if someone was 'flirting' with me by blocking my view of Brian Fallon/ Gaslight Anthem, I would probably reach up and punch him. Dude needs to learn better skills. And why was he there for multiple nights?? It sounds like he wasn't interested in watching the show at all..
Back to top Go down
LizCollinsNY
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 10:43 pm

Smasha13 wrote:
TheWaxAndTheNeedle wrote:
LizCollinsNY wrote:
NotLikeWeBleed wrote:
miked331 wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

I can honestly say that if someone was 'flirting' with me by blocking my view of Brian Fallon/ Gaslight Anthem, I would probably reach up and punch him.  Dude needs to learn better skills.  And why was he there for multiple nights??  It sounds like he wasn't interested in watching the show at all..

Yeah I would NOT be into a guy who did that!!! I did like that they gave Brian a much taller seat Thursday as opposed to Wednesday- it helped. This was my first time there, but usually is the space filled with tables? Lower stage might make more sense if people are usually sitting, but then they should have taller seats for the artists when it is packed.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 5:46 am

I think I'm only just now, starting to process this experience. These shows flew by. Have to say, I loved all three nights for very different reasons.

Night one blew my mind because it was the first time I'd heard most of Elsie, Blues Mary, and Tin Pan Alley, live. Also, I've always felt Elsie was meant to be heard in order, so I loved that they played it straight through.

Second night was great having the set list mixed up a bit, and we finally got MISERY!

Third night, even though I maybe wish the set list wasn't EXACTLY the same, I still couldn't possibly be upset about that because I was so grateful for these shows and this experience, and hearing Misery for the second time actually made me the most emotional I've ever been at a live show. It takes A LOT to get me to cry in public but...

And getting to spend this time with my friends who I don't see nearly enough was incredible too, to say the least.

After reading all the comments on here, I have to say, I'm glad I didn't notice any of this talking and obnoxious behavior. I thought the crowd was actually much better than at the Feb. shows. I was even shocked at how respectful people were during so many quiet songs, and it seemed to me like all of the openers had a solid ten+ rows of attentive listeners, and that the talking was mostly kept to the bar for their sets. Only exception was someone up front talking at the start of Misery on either night 2 or 3 and I gave her the dirtiest look, haha. Nothing personal to her but talking during that song is NOT going to go over well with me  Evil or Very Mad

I could ramble for days about these shows, but I'll just say I am so grateful that they happened, and that I got to experience it. I remember thinking about halfway through night 1, that you could film this with the best cameras available and it would never capture the feeling in that room, right at that moment. Although, considering I kept my eyes closed for 90% of the show, I wouldn't mind a pro-shot video Wink
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 11:53 am

For those who were at Night 3, did you make out the shout out Andy Diamond made to dime store saints when he took the microphone right as Brian took the stage? It sounded something like, "it's dime store saints, you fools."
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 3:30 pm

Debonair wrote:
I'm going to be attempting to boot all 3 (audio) again. Just throwing that out there, would rather not have multiple people all trying to boot one show lol

Were you able to record any of these?

(If not, certainly NBD, but just figured I'd ask and see…wasn't sure if you'd post them here or somewhere else…not trying to nag, was just asking Smile )
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 6:59 pm

cms35 wrote:
Debonair wrote:
I'm going to be attempting to boot all 3 (audio) again. Just throwing that out there, would rather not have multiple people all trying to boot one show lol

(If not, certainly NBD, but just figured I'd ask and see…wasn't sure if you'd post them here or somewhere else…not trying to nag, was just asking Smile )

I did. 1 & 3s are meh. Quality wise. 2s is fantastic.

Just my dumb thinkings: Considering 2 & 3 set list wise are exactly the same (and 2 has everything night 1 had PLUS the songs they didn't play ) it would probably only makes sense to really edit 2 down. Unless anyone drastically wanted to hear the other nights.

Also all the videos are pretty much on YouTube so I haven't felt the need to really get at these. Plus I have been really busy with the holidays so I haven't really had the chance to get at them. Probably will have to wait till after New Years.
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 8:34 pm

Debonair wrote:
cms35 wrote:
Debonair wrote:

I did. 1 & 3s are meh. Quality wise. 2s is fantastic.

Just my dumb thinkings: Considering 2 & 3 set list wise are exactly the same (and 2 has everything night 1 had PLUS the songs they didn't play ) it would probably only makes sense to really edit 2 down. Unless anyone drastically wanted to hear the other nights.

Also all the videos are pretty much on YouTube so I haven't felt the need to really get at these. Plus I have been really busy with the holidays so I haven't really had the chance to get at them. Probably will have to wait till after New Years.

Thanks for responding….whatever you feel you want to post (and whenever you get to it) will be appreciated. I am grateful for you taping at all. I have a lot of taper friends and I am aware what you need to sacrifice to get good audio. Part of why I asked is because I am not sure that this is the only place stuff gets posted…so I wanted to check if it was up somewhere and I just missed it…if Night 2 is the best then go with that…my only caveat would be if you felt one performance of a song was better than another, or a song was played on one night and not another and wanted to post that at some point. But again…that's entirely up to you.

I much prefer the FLAC to a youtube any day (for one, it's uninterrupted…plus…I'm not a big video person...)….but what I did see from the youtubes - great shows. YT buffer so much tho because of my horse shit bandwidth (and I lose the signal often - especially when I'm out and about…) that some I skipped, unfortunately…

Thanks again….Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 1:19 am

I think night 2 was actually the best overall performance so it's good that that was the one you captured the best Debonair.

I think Night 3 had the most complete setlist though (night 1 didn't have Misery and night 2 didn't have No Weather but night 3 had both). I could be mis-remebering though.

That said, I did think the banter of night 1 was the best. I thought Brian was much more introspective during that show. I thought the story about No Weather being his first foray into deeply personal songwriting (and how it was brought about by Chuck Ragan) was really cool. Also thought the story about the Elsie being written covertly (and in fear of the record label) was pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 2:03 pm

I mean, it'd be fun to hear all three eventually, just for the banter. No rush, as you said - we have Youtube and the setlists are pretty similar - but Brian was so engaging on the night I saw.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 3:05 pm

Anyone want to make artwork for me for night 2? Loved the february xroads artwork someone made for me on here
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 2:08 pm

12/18 boots done other than artwork so if anyone's got a great photo from that night I can mess around with please let me know.
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 2:54 pm

Debonair wrote:
12/18 boots done other than artwork so if anyone's got a great photo from that night I can mess around with please let me know.

I unfortunately don't have any photos. If I did, I wouldn't mind making the artwork.

But, do you plan on putting the link to master list?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 3:15 pm

Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 12_18_10

Well this is what im going with. will be uploaded and shared soon
Back to top Go down
bigbug
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 4:59 pm

Holy Smoke (pardon the pun)! This is like Christmas in January! A huuuuge thank you in advance, kind and generous sir!
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 5:53 pm

WOO HOOO!. Thank you so much. Can't wait to DL and listen. Smile
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Happy to finally say: Here it is everyone! Ill save you the boring details, but I ran into a few unexpected issues that kept delaying it. So enjoy! I dont ask for much as long as you dont claim this as your own and you at least point back to DimestoreSaints.com. Let me know if there are any issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k82a02lk14lnb99/Brian_xroads_1218.zip

P.s. Incase you never got a chance to listen, heres the original crossroads boot from february that I did. Same thing just point back to DimestoreSaints.com and dont claim as your own. Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o21yb0rds8779ai/Brian+Fallon+at+The+Crossroads.zip

*****i notice a follow issue on the link sometimes. If you see 'mediafire.commediafire.com" in your browser
delete the ".commediafire" and you should be gold.

Last edited by Debonair on Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 1:53 pm

Debonair wrote:
Happy to finally say: Here it is everyone! Ill save you the boring details, but I ran into a few unexpected issues that kept delaying it. So enjoy! I dont ask for much as long as you dont claim this as your own and you at least point back to DimestoreSaints.com. Let me know if there are any issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k82a02lk14lnb99/Brian_xroads_1218.zip

P.s. Incase you never got a chance to listen, heres the original crossroads boot from february that I did. Same thing just point back to DimestoreSaints.com and dont claim as your own. Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o21yb0rds8779ai/Brian+Fallon+at+The+Crossroads.zip

You're a prince. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jac185
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Just saw you link to this on Twitter and wanted to drop in and say thanks. Really appreciate it. Can't wait to listen.
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Thanks Deb! cant wait to listen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo shows   Brian Fallon solo shows - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon solo shows
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next