DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths

Go down 
+24
PPQ
chickenman
Slatter8093
TLRRescue
TheContender
bringiton_ty
enola
Anya_TGA
biggs
cdala
azlisa
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
GlennR
jensomniac
colmillionaire
steady now steady now
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
cmigs
MacysDayMar
mja271
StitchesOnTheRadio
TGAFAN25
borrowedcar
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
PPQ
A Contender
A Contender

Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:51 am

As loud as the night  Very Happy Saw them one time before on this tour - and it was a difference like day and night. In Arizona they were low an tired, in Berlin they are energetic and spiritedly.
Back to top Go down
http://politplatschquatsch.com
Slatter8093
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 3:57 pm

Slatter8093 wrote:
Hi Guys,

This is a great forum I have been lurking at for a while, but now I have a question. Smile

Probably sounds as a silly over-worrying one, too, but I am lacking a car and living far enough from the upcoming London gig to make it both possible to get there, and also possible to miss the last train back home causing all kinds of problems.

Sooo, how long their current Get Hurt shows are? Are they prone to go over the official event end date?

Thanks!

Well, real life has "solved" the dilemma, we will be unable to go regardless of distance and timing. Sad If you want two London tickets for fairly cheap, ping me Smile
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 7:18 am

Oh man, sorry to hear that!

Im actually kind of scared of these long shows, plus the opening acts... my poor old feet are not happy about the prospect of standing for so long haha
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 8:45 am

85 minutes in Manchester last night, which will presumably be around par for the UK gigs.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2014/o2-apollo-manchester-manchester-england-2bcdb8ee.html
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 9:10 am

CapedAvenger wrote:
85 minutes in Manchester last night, which will presumably be around par for the UK gigs.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2014/o2-apollo-manchester-manchester-england-2bcdb8ee.html

Depends on curfews I guess, especially if they will always only start at 9.30pm. (The Manchester setlist actually had the 11pm curfew printed on it.)

Maybe for curfew venues they could start earlier. In Stuttgart there was no curfew, we got two hours, the printed set list was already 25 songs, and they added 2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 9:35 am

steady now steady now wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:

Depends on curfews I guess, especially if they will always only start at 9.30pm. (The Manchester setlist actually had the 11pm curfew printed on it.)

Maybe for curfew venues they could start earlier.  In Stuttgart there was no curfew, we got two hours, the printed set list was already 25 songs, and they added 2.

The vast majority of UK gigs have an 11pm curfew. Some are even earlier (my local venue has a clubnight after the gig finishes on Saturday, so the curfew is 10pm, for example).

I think they should look to re-work the timings of the support acts. As i've said elsewhere, the support acts combined nearly got as long onstage as TGA, and that seems wrong. I'd expect 30 mins each for 2 support acts, or 45 mins for one support act, in both cases with 2 hours for the headline.
Back to top Go down
michaelphillips
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
michaelphillips

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 10:50 am

CapedAvenger wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:

Maybe for curfew venues they could start earlier.  In Stuttgart there was no curfew, we got two hours, the printed set list was already 25 songs, and they added 2.

The vast majority of UK gigs have an 11pm curfew. Some are even earlier (my local venue has a clubnight after the gig finishes on Saturday, so the curfew is 10pm, for example).

I think they should look to re-work the timings of the support acts. As i've said elsewhere, the support acts combined nearly got as long onstage as TGA, and that seems wrong. I'd expect 30 mins each for 2 support acts, or 45 mins for one support act, in both cases with 2 hours for the headline.

I would be pretty upset if they only did 85 mins in London tomorrow, Ally Pally has a pretty big capacity, don't know how close or far away they are from selling it out, whats the biggest capacity Gaslight have played, anyone know? Imagine this is one of the larger ones so I'm hoping this will warrant 2 hours and 25+ songs.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 2:52 pm

michaelphillips wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:

I would be pretty upset if they only did 85 mins in London tomorrow, Ally Pally has a pretty big capacity, don't know how close or far away they are from selling it out, whats the biggest capacity Gaslight have played, anyone know? Imagine this is one of the larger ones so I'm hoping this will warrant 2 hours and 25+ songs.

If you're asking what's the biggest place they've played anywhere, not just in the UK then PNC in NJ this past September would be the biggest I believe. The capacity there is like 17500ish. They only played 24 songs at that show and it was the usual (or the old usual) hour and a half. So I'd say bigger place is no guarantee for a longer show. I hope for your sake though that they do adjust for this curfew situation.
Back to top Go down
michaelphillips
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
michaelphillips

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 4:15 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
michaelphillips wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:

If you're asking what's the biggest place they've played anywhere, not just in the UK then PNC in NJ this past September would be the biggest I believe. The capacity there is like 17500ish. They only played 24 songs at that show and it was the usual (or the old usual) hour and a half. So I'd say bigger place is no guarantee for a longer show. I hope for your sake though that they do adjust for this curfew situation.

I seem to recall them doing that with Jimmy Eat World though who are a pretty well known 'support act' if you can even call them that - did they not do a longer set than you would expect for a support act leaving less time for Gaslight? I've been to see Jimmy about 3 times as a headliner so if they were the support act getting less time for Gaslight would be ok! I didn't dislike Deer Tick or Bayside when I saw them in Brussels but with the greatest respect to them, thats not why I'm there! The doors for tomorrow are 6.30 I believe, where as most gigs around here are always 7 doors, and curfew will be 11 so I hopefully that will make the timings less of an issue than at other UK venues. Fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Woody
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 4:57 pm

Personally, from a purely selfish perspective, I'm fine with London starting at 9:30 as it means I'll definitely have gotten to the venue by this time. However, if I was the Gaslight, I would say this should be the running times:
Doors 6:30
First support 7:00-7:30
Second support 7:50-8:30
Gaslight: 9:00-11:00

Just move everything back half an hour, which gives the support bands the same amount of time, but also gives the Gaslight an extra half hour.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 5:37 pm

michaelphillips wrote:
michaelphillips wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:

I seem to recall them doing that with Jimmy Eat World though who are a pretty well known 'support act' if you can even call them that - did they not do a longer set than you would expect for a support act leaving less time for Gaslight? I've been to see Jimmy about 3 times as a headliner so if they were the support act getting less time for Gaslight would be ok! I didn't dislike Deer Tick or Bayside when I saw them in Brussels but with the greatest respect to them, thats not why I'm there! The doors for tomorrow are 6.30 I believe, where as most gigs around here are always 7 doors, and curfew will be 11 so I hopefully that will make the timings less of an issue than at other UK venues. Fingers crossed!

They did do that show with Jimmy Eat World but no they didn't really get extra time as far as I remember but I wasn't really paying much attention. I think they played for about an hour like they did the previous night in Philly, which is about what Against Me! played for the rest of the tour. So if they got extra time it was maybe ten minutes tops.

I agree with you though, the openers are not why you're there. They deserve enough playing time to be heard, but in my opinion, if you have a curfew that's rather early, and you can't move up the stage times, then the openers are the ones who should be losing a few minutes off their set. Even if it's only 5 off the smaller act and 10 off the larger one, that's an extra 15 the headliner can play. Although for all I know there's some kind of rule or contract that says you can't shorten their sets or something.
Back to top Go down
michaelphillips
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
michaelphillips

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 7:45 am

michaelphillips wrote:
michaelphillips wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:

They did do that show with Jimmy Eat World but no they didn't really get extra time as far as I remember but I wasn't really paying much attention. I think they played for about an hour like they did the previous night in Philly, which is about what Against Me! played for the rest of the tour. So if they got extra time it was maybe ten minutes tops.

I agree with you though, the openers are not why you're there. They deserve enough playing time to be heard, but in my opinion, if you have a curfew that's rather early, and you can't move up the stage times, then the openers are the ones who should be losing a few minutes off their set. Even if it's only 5 off the smaller act and 10 off the larger one, that's an extra 15 the headliner can play. Although for all I know there's some kind of rule or contract that says you can't shorten their sets or something.

Well, I take back my concerns from the other day! Bayside were on by 7pm leaving plenty time for Gaslight who played near enough 2 hours I think and 26 songs in what I thought was a great setlist! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3