DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths

Go down 
+24
PPQ
chickenman
Slatter8093
TLRRescue
TheContender
bringiton_ty
enola
Anya_TGA
biggs
cdala
azlisa
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
GlennR
jensomniac
colmillionaire
steady now steady now
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
cmigs
MacysDayMar
mja271
StitchesOnTheRadio
TGAFAN25
borrowedcar
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 3:41 am

I commented on this topic already in another thread but since this thread is existing now I might as well do it again.

When I look back at the Gaslight gigs I've been to already, their average set was between 21 and 24 songs long, which I think is a good set length for a band touring so much. There were some exceptions of course - in both directions, like the first Dublin show last year with 20 and Vienna in 2010 with 27 songs. 
Also I don't think you can expect a band to add songs to their set with every album they release. I haven't seen any band doing that, except after the first maybe.

So I really don't see the point of this thread. Their sets will vary from day to day and I'm sorry if any of you were at one of the shorter ones. But keep in mind that Gaslight is touring intensively every year, with almost no days off and that this year they also added the pre shows. And I'm pretty sure if we do the maths the average show length is longer than 21 songs.

But who knows, maybe Gaslight will do some day what the Bouncing Souls did and play all their albumsi in their entirety at a few shows in a row. But mind you they only did that in 8 cities worldwide.

Last edited by enola on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:59 am

Extensive tour that reflects the set length. I think it's a decent amount of songs and necessary to preserve Brian's voice. Looking at the current set lists I am really looking forward to seeing them in Cardiff
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 7:31 am

Anya_TGA wrote:

there are a lot of bands which play less than 20 songs...so I am happy with 21 Very Happy

This.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 6:34 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:

there are a lot of bands which play less than 20 songs...so I am happy with 21 Very Happy

This.

yeah.
I have been to a lot of gigs, and The Gaslight Anthem was one of the only ones who play more than 20 songs, the other band was Green Day which play 30 songs (they have more albums and doing music for quite longer)..so I think 21 is a great number of songs.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 7:45 pm

Plus there is a ton of evidence that historically, show lengths have always been all over the place. They could play a 28 song set this week sometime. You never know.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 6:13 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Plus there is a ton of evidence that historically, show lengths have always been all over the place. They could play a 28 song set this week sometime. You never know.

of course, you will never know Smile
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 8:28 pm

Pearl Jam has spoiled me with their 30+ songs, but TGA dished out 25 last night in KC so was VERY happy with that. I think when we saw them in Lawrence a few years ago they only did 20 so getting the extra 5 was awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 10:43 am

Got 25 last night in Minneapolis. Great show.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 4:47 am

27 songs in Pittsburgh. Just sayin' Wink

https://twitter.com/dimestoreforum/status/523317373877882883
Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 11:38 am

That's a weird, crazy, amazing set from pittsburgh.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 7:07 pm

"anyone else been noticing the shows are getting shorter and shorter."

So then I guess the answer is no Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 11:08 pm

It was actually 28 songs in Pittsburgh. Mama's Boys was also played.
Back to top Go down
biggs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
biggs

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 8:30 am

enola wrote:
27 songs in Pittsburgh. Just sayin' Wink

https://twitter.com/dimestoreforum/status/523317373877882883
cheers wow you were well entertained there ,do you think audience feedback had any influence on the set ? as an example Springsteen played at the Stadium of Light ,Sunderland on the we Wrecking Ball tour and it was his shortest set 3 hours and the crowd were very poor but on the same tour he played Helsinki ,Sweden and the show was a whopping 4 hrs 6 mins and the crowd were bat shit crazy from the pre show acoustic before the band came on stage
Back to top Go down
TLRRescue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TLRRescue

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 11:31 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
It was actually 28 songs in Pittsburgh. Mama's Boys was also played.

Pittsburgh was amazing! And it started at 9:32 and ended at 11:38! Over 2 hours and 28 songs Smile Awesome way to end the US tour!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thelastresortrescue.com
TLRRescue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TLRRescue

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 12:02 am

And poor Brian almost choked on a cough drop during Elvis! Not the best audio, nor is it the entire song but still, he pulled it off so well! xoxoxo Here is the video from my phone. Front row center!! UGH! I cant post video for 4 more days due to site rules Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.thelastresortrescue.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 12:23 am

I will say this, while 28 songs was awesome, set length isn't everything. My favorite show of the tour was 23 songs and this one ranked somewhere in middle or on the low end of the ones I saw. Something was off for me with the energy. I don't know if it was the people around me, or the fact that these songs seem to continue to be played slower and slower (although I did love the slow version of Elvis). But I digress. Point is, while I'd gladly listen to them play all night, don't let the idea of short shows get you down, because longer doesn't necessarily = better (or worse).

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slatter8093
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi Guys,

This is a great forum I have been lurking at for a while, but now I have a question. Smile

Probably sounds as a silly over-worrying one, too, but I am lacking a car and living far enough from the upcoming London gig to make it both possible to get there, and also possible to miss the last train back home causing all kinds of problems.

Sooo, how long their current Get Hurt shows are? Are they prone to go over the official event end date?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 4:32 pm

when Benny had to miss the show

Out of curiousity, how'd that work out?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 11:03 pm

chickenman wrote:

It was awesome but a different kind of awesome. When I rank all the shows I went to on this tour, I exclude this one because it was so different. Atom from Against Me! filled in on drums for the first half of the set. I believe they said he had from noon till the soundcheck (which was noticeably delayed) to learn as many songs as he could. I have to say, he did an amazing job. It was very different because the band had to help him know when to end the song, and he only really learned the basic gist of each one (no breakdowns or anything fancy) but it was enjoyable and I think the whole crowd was extremely grateful to Atom and I know I was impressed that he learned as much as he did in such a short time.

The second half was kind of acoustic. I mean the Alexes still played electric but it was much more mellow. It was quite the beautiful experience. I'd always prefer to see Benny up there with the guys no matter how they do the show, but I'm grateful they didn't cancel and that another kind of great experience came out of it.
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:56 am

chickenman wrote:

It was awesome but a different kind of awesome. When I rank all the shows I went to on this tour, I exclude this one because it was so different. Atom from Against Me! filled in on drums for the first half of the set. I believe they said he had from noon till the soundcheck (which was noticeably delayed) to learn as many songs as he could. I have to say, he did an amazing job. It was very different because the band had to help him know when to end the song, and he only really learned the basic gist of each one (no breakdowns or anything fancy) but it was enjoyable and I think the whole crowd was extremely grateful to Atom and I know I was impressed that he learned as much as he did in such a short time.

The second half was kind of acoustic. I mean the Alexes still played electric but it was much more mellow. It was quite the beautiful experience. I'd always prefer to see Benny up there with the guys no matter how they do the show, but I'm grateful they didn't cancel and that another kind of great experience came out of it.

Will have to check YouTube for any vids from this gig. Semi-acoustic/more mellow-ish Gaslight sounds pretty sweet in the way it sounds in my head, lol.

Pretty impressive by the Atom guy as well.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 8:14 pm

I think we can close that topic now. 32 songs in Berlin!

http://instagram.com/p/u1bNybQnAr/
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 2:29 am

enola wrote:

I had hoped they were working up to longer shows! It's so exciting to see it happening!

...and exhausting to think about...I'm gonna actually have to get in shape for when they come back to the US.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:17 am

enola wrote:

It was "only" 28 songs, seems the excitement of the show influenced our counting abilities. Nobody said anything though Wink

Sorry for the confusion
Back to top Go down
PPQ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:23 am

Berlin was awesome. One of their best shows ever. Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 DSC03217

More Pics: here
Back to top Go down
http://politplatschquatsch.com
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:27 am

Great pictures, seems like it was quite the night indeed haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths   Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get Hurt Tour Show Lengths
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next