DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have Mercy lyrics

Go down 
+15
ral
mingus
borrowedcar
Jack
33RPMHero
Rizz
jensomniac
TGAFAN25
The_River
Ryan
ivienco
JacksSmirkingRevenge
White Man In Hammersmith
SirBrad
NervousFeet
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Have Mercy lyrics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have Mercy lyrics   Have Mercy lyrics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Came to this thread for this exact answer. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Have Mercy lyrics   Have Mercy lyrics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 1:16 am

If you listen closely I'm pretty sure the lyric at the end is "Now your pretty horses run wild and free"
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Have Mercy lyrics   Have Mercy lyrics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 7:06 pm

I really think the "talking snow" line is about her reminiscing about "home"/the east coast with people in LA.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Have Mercy lyrics   Have Mercy lyrics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 8:10 pm

AmSlang59 wrote:
I really think the "talking snow" line is about her reminiscing about "home"/the east coast with people in LA.

This. Also change it to "pretty horses run" in the OP, por favor...
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Have Mercy lyrics   Have Mercy lyrics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 8:17 pm

While I still stand by thinking that they are referring to the East Coast - It's worth mentioning that the main character in Blow has a speech in the end of the movie where he says "There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door." That line could be referring this.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Have Mercy lyrics   Have Mercy lyrics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 1:12 am

when i hear "i'm talking snow for days with your friends in LA, have mercy..." i can't help but think of cocaine. she's gone, finding a lover better than him, doing drugs and living it up with her friends in LA, but have mercy...it may seem pretty and he may be suffering now but there will come a day when her fun will end and everything will be okay for him. it's a bit of a stretch but something worth considering
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: Have Mercy lyrics   Have Mercy lyrics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 10:02 pm

My favorite song on the album, and it was only on the Deluxe. So weird. Kind of like "Our Father's Sons" being a B-Side of The '59 sound. That's a crazy good song and it got left out in the cold.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Have Mercy lyrics   Have Mercy lyrics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 1:52 pm

TheContender wrote:
Kind of like "Our Father's Sons" being a B-Side of The '59 sound.  That's a crazy good song and it got left out in the cold.  

This, times a million. If we had a Q&A at the preshows I attended, my question/request would have been "Any chance we'll ever hear OFS or Teenage Rebellion live?".

In-studios with radio stations excluded, OFS has been played live 6x and TR never according to setlist.fm. Sad

Sorry to hijack the Have Mercy convo...
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Have Mercy lyrics   Have Mercy lyrics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Our Father's Sons was awesome opening up the encore slot at the Convention Hall show back in 2011.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Have Mercy lyrics   Have Mercy lyrics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Rizz wrote:
Our Father's Sons was awesome opening up the encore slot at the Convention Hall show back in 2011.

Lucky duck Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have Mercy lyrics   Have Mercy lyrics - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have Mercy lyrics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2