DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Musical taste and dating...

Go down 
+13
StitchesOnTheRadio
flannel
Holland
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Shrewsbury_Stars
nebraska
mingus
jzancan
mwh
Harbortown
33RPMHero
JimmyB
MustangSally
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

Musical taste and dating... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musical taste and dating...   Musical taste and dating... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:33 am

Harbortown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I understand it perfectly well.  beiber/Cyrus/etc are musical garbage.  REO Speedwagon's lyrics are sappy and don't have any meaning.  I like most other music.
See you're still acting like some edgy teen.

Like one of those Youtube commenters going "I'm only 12 but I listen to Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, all the new music sucks!!" - I get it, I understand why you wouldn't listen to mainstream MTV type of pop music, but you can't really have any kind of artistic high ground because art is subjective. Would I compare Miley Cyrus to Bruce Springsteen? No, but Wrecking ball is one of the greatest pop ballads I've ever heard. Bon Jovi would drag his balls through a mile of concrete to go back in time and write it himself.
Not that she wrote it, but my point is you can't determine someone's character by what they're listening to, because you never just choose to like something, you just like it.

I now am stuck with the mental image of Jon Bon Jovi dragging his balls through a mile of concrete, so thanks for that
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Musical taste and dating... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musical taste and dating...   Musical taste and dating... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Is it wet concrete or hard concrete?
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com

Musical taste and dating...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2