DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fan Club 7" (Year 2)

Go down 
+29
sinkorswimmydear
Sally
lol_paul_ledoux
SirBrad
enola
dlbia
Shrewsbury_Stars
njguy99
ral
steady now steady now
Rogicon
Keele
33RPMHero
cmigs
zerb012345
eagles1139
matkins
bootime
TGAFAN25
Hasler09
Bobul
cdala
TheEmptyBones
Hanswurst
Jerseyrain
StitchesOnTheRadio
brucesboots
DeathoftheCool
Debonair
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:09 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Bobul wrote:
Going out on a limb here but maybe this is a new song on the Bside. I searched like crazy and can't seem to find anything with that for a title fragment. Itll be great to get a GLA minty fresh new song if this is the case.

Damn well better be! haha. We're promised a new song every year for the fanclub. If it was ever two covers I'd feel ripped off. I kind of like that the song wasn't public way ahead of time like Halloween was last time. Makes for more of a surprise.

I'm willing to BET that it's an acoustic track of the new album. goin off pure instinct here. or maybe this'll be its only release
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 11:33 am

Woah, I hope whatever it is there will be a way to at least hear it online. Didn't sign up for the club. Sad
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:19 pm

I'm an advocate for making everything available to anyone. I don't feel as fan club members we should be the only one with a version of a song or a new song entirely. I feel the enticement is having these songs on 7 inch. That recorded version in that format is exclusive enough to me. I hope whatever it is that is released for the fan club is always made public for all to enjoy in some way. After u hear of coarse.  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 8:11 pm

If we signed up for the vinyl package of the fan club will we automatically be sent this?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
If we signed up for the vinyl package of the fan club will we automatically be sent this?

If you bought the vinyl package I would assume you'd be guaranteed a 7". If it's this colored version - I don't know. I posted something earlier in this thread from a guy from infinite merchs instagram. And it kinda sounded like there might be multiple presses (He used the term "first run"). but honestly I have no clue.

Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 7:06 pm

Bobul wrote:
I'm an advocate for making everything available to anyone. I don't feel as fan club members we should be the only one with a version of a song or a new song entirely. I feel the enticement is having these songs on 7 inch. That recorded version in that format is exclusive enough to me. I hope whatever it is that is released for the fan club is always made public for all to enjoy in some way. After u hear of coarse.  Twisted Evil 
of course Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 12:58 pm

If there are different presses, I wonder if who gets what will be determined by member number, or randomly?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:45 pm

Ok so has any news come out about this? To recap it was supposed to be in at the end of January to ship out immediately. Right? I expected that would mean people would mainly get this during February but to my knowledge no one has. Now were heading into march soooo?

By now, with the first year 7", we already had the digital version sent to us. I don't think that's been sent out. Which the digital should be ready to go right? They already have test presses and the one image of the final vinyl came out.

I know TGA did post infinite merch had received some damage to their warehouse because of all of the snow. But could that really be holding everything up?

Anyone have anything? I'm just generally curious at this point.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 8:26 pm

Debonair wrote:
Ok so has any news come out about this? To recap it was supposed to be in at the end of January to ship out immediately. Right?  I expected that would mean people would mainly get this during February but to my knowledge no one has. Now were heading into march soooo?

By now, with the first year 7", we already had the digital version sent to us. I don't think that's been sent out. Which the digital should be ready to go right? They already have test presses and the one image of the final vinyl came out.

I know TGA did post infinite merch had received some damage to their warehouse because of all of the snow. But could that really be holding everything up?

I think that snowstorm would probably push them back. They emailed me about something I ordered a month ago and they just finally sent that out last week. They said infinite merch was hit hard by the snow so sorry for the delays.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 1:07 am

33RPMHero wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Ok so has any news come out about this? To recap it was supposed to be in at the end of January to ship out immediately. Right?  I expected that would mean people would mainly get this during February but to my knowledge no one has. Now were heading into march soooo?

I think that snowstorm would probably push them back.  They emailed me about something I ordered a month ago and they just finally sent that out last week.  They said infinite merch was hit hard by the snow so sorry for the delays.

I think infinite merch should think about relocating to a more weather stable area, haha. But yeah, I didn't care about the delay so much last year because I got my initial package really quickly and we got the digital download. It's a little more frustrating without either. As long as these delays don't turn into 6+ month delays like last time.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 1:12 am

33RPMHero wrote:
Debonair wrote:

I think that snowstorm would probably push them back.  They emailed me about something I ordered a month ago and they just finally sent that out last week.  They said infinite merch was hit hard by the snow so sorry for the delays.

I think infinite merch should think about relocating to a more weather stable area, haha. But yeah, I didn't care about the delay so much last year because I got my initial package really quickly and we got the digital download. It's a little more frustrating without either. As long as these delays don't turn into 6+ month delays like last time.

I think that is what we are all worried about Shelby. A 6 months delay would suck. They planned this....THEY PLANNED THIS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 1:35 am

While I can accept a delay based on the storm, for the physical 7", can that really justify a delay on the digital side?

It's also weird factoring in that they said the club store would be rolled out ahead of the christmas season. Which we have also yet to see. So they really have a handicap against them for missing deadlines. They seem like cool guys, so id just hate to see a sort of "cry wolf" situation happen. If that makes sense...

But I'm fine, it will all get here when it gets here. I'm in no rush.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 2:29 am

Debonair wrote:
While I can accept a delay based on the storm, for the physical 7", can that really justify a delay on the digital side?

It's also weird factoring in that they said the club store would be rolled out ahead of the christmas season. Which we have also yet to see. So they really have a handicap against them for missing deadlines. They seem like cool guys, so id just hate to see a sort of "cry wolf" situation happen. If that makes sense...

But I'm fine, it will all get here when it gets here. I'm in no rush.

I get the impression that the digital download being sent ahead of time was the exception not the rule last year. They probably want to just send download cards out with the rest of the fanclub stuff and since they seem to think that will be out to people soon, they're not yet bothering to email it.

I am seriously bummed about the lack of the club store! I wanna see more various types of merch with the logo or other cool designs and stuff. Like a hoodie perhaps? or other shirts? posters? whatever.

I don't know who's behind what issue, or what they're up against, or who has what ideas (or lack thereof) or what budget issues, etc., etc, and I know it's easy to criticize when you don't know these things, but I hope SOMEONE works out these kinks soon and either gets this club together or puts it in the hands of someone who can, because I think it has the potential to be awesome and yet we're not off to a great start here in year 2. Keep in mind, we're only about a couple months behind on the holiday single, but we're like 3/4 of the way through year 2 and we haven't seen much of a change in anything. If I was number 1276 or something, I'd be out for next year. But as 6....we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 2:48 am

I completely agree with everything you've written. I just wish there was more communication. An email once or twice a month would be nice. Even if they can't report on anything - just to let us know they are working away. The total silence is much worse in my opinion. Makes your head start to wander.

While I was tempted to agree with the download card idea - remember there is a digital only version of the club. So that's got to be coming by email for those members. Which would make me think everyone's getting it by email.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 3:02 am

Debonair wrote:
I completely agree with everything you've written. I  just wish there was more communication. An email once or twice a month would be nice.  Even if they can't report on anything - just to let us know they are working away. The total silence is much worse in my opinion. Makes your head start to wander.

While I was tempted to agree with the download card idea - remember there is a digital only version of the club. So that's got to be coming by email for those members. Which would make me think everyone's getting it by email.

Yup, wandering mind is never good! I was very careful to make sure I was considering how the perspective you get as a customer can be very different from that of the company and it's employees. There's always stuff you don't know about when you're the customer. But when you have no explanation to latch on to, and this isn't the first time you've dealt with a particular issue, it's hard to not get frustrated.

I considered that, and that may very well be how they do it. But it's also possible they'll send those members cards with their t-shirt. Hard to know without communication! Wink
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 3:39 am

Debonair wrote:
I completely agree with everything you've written. I  just wish there was more communication. An email once or twice a month would be nice.  Even if they can't report on anything - just to let us know they are working away. The total silence is much worse in my opinion. Makes your head start to wander.

Yup, wandering mind is never good! I was very careful to make sure I was considering how the perspective you get as a customer can be very different from that of the company and it's employees. There's always stuff you don't know about when you're the customer. But when you have no explanation to latch on to, and this isn't the first time you've dealt with a particular issue, it's hard to not get frustrated.

I considered that, and that may very well be how they do it. But it's also possible they'll send those members cards with their t-shirt. Hard to know without communication! Wink

Yep! Oh well hopefully this week will bring some answers.

Digital version doesn't get a t-shirt. Wink Razz man I'm just shooting down all your ideas. Razz
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 3:45 am

Debonair wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Digital version doesn't get a t-shirt. Wink:Pman I'm just shooting down all your ideas. Razz

Haha WELL MAYBE THEY'LL GET IT BY ITSELF IN A NICE PRETTY ENVELOPE!!!  Razz 

I'm trying to give IM the benefit of the doubt here. If someone really just hasn't hit send on a mass email then  Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 9:23 pm

Debonair wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Digital version doesn't get a t-shirt. Wink:Pman I'm just shooting down all your ideas. Razz

Haha WELL MAYBE THEY'LL GET IT BY ITSELF IN A NICE PRETTY ENVELOPE!!!  Razz 

I'm trying to give IM the benefit of the doubt here. If someone really just hasn't hit send on a mass email then  Frying Pan

Haha!

This just came to my mind, maybe they are waiting on the shipment of t-shirts? That could be the overall delay. Trying my best to give them the benefit of the doubt as well Razz
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 1:26 am

Curious to see the official tracklisting for this.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 1:35 am

Keele wrote:
Curious to see the official tracklisting for this.

I forgot the names of the songs but one is a Tom Waits cover and the other is an original by The Gaslight Anthem. I am hoping The Gaslight Anthem song is a full band song not an acoustic.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 2:48 am

The Tom Waits song is Anywhere I Lay My Head off the Rain Dogs album
Back to top Go down
Rogicon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:27 pm

I don't post very often,  I got mine in the mail yesterday, with a new t-shirt as well.  I haven't listened to it yet.  It's two cover songs, Tom Waits and a twopointeight song.
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:56 pm

Rogicon wrote:
I don't post very often,  I got mine in the mail yesterday, with a new t-shirt as well.  I haven't listened to it yet.  It's two cover songs, Tom Waits and a twopointeight song.

Woah, its really happening then!
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Rogicon wrote:

Hrm......the picture that was sent out a while ago confirmed that one of the songs was an original by The gaslight anthem.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 2:35 pm

So i didn't find a song by twopointeight which ends with "...where we part".
But if these are both covers, i have to say that i feel at least a tiny bit ripped off. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fan Club 7" (Year 2)
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next