DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fan Club 7" (Year 2)

Go down 
+29
sinkorswimmydear
Sally
lol_paul_ledoux
SirBrad
enola
dlbia
Shrewsbury_Stars
njguy99
ral
steady now steady now
Rogicon
Keele
33RPMHero
cmigs
zerb012345
eagles1139
matkins
bootime
TGAFAN25
Hasler09
Bobul
cdala
TheEmptyBones
Hanswurst
Jerseyrain
StitchesOnTheRadio
brucesboots
DeathoftheCool
Debonair
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 4:23 pm

I still think some sort of pre ordering system is the way to go. It gives people choice. You can't be angry at IM, the club, or other members if you had the opportunity to get a better deal. The mistake then falls on the individual.

Base membership price: $20

Prices when preorders start:

Preorder
Vinyl:$8.
Shirt: $12
Vinyl/shirt bundle: $20

Prices after preorders end and appear in the store.

Store
Vinyl: $11
Shirt: $14
Vinyl/shirt bundle: $25

So someone who preorders vs someone who doesn't

Base + preorder
Vinyl: $28
Shirt: $32
Bundle: $40

Base + Store prices
Vinyl: $31
Shirt: $34
Bundle: $45

This system encourages people to preorder and rewards them for their dedication/early adoption. Throw in some preorder exclusive items that won't ever appear in the store and you're set!

Late adopters can still catch up - if or any of the left over items appear in the store. Prices are still affordable and you still are getting a great deal compared to $30 or so the vinyl can go for on ebay.

club solved! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sally
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:33 pm

I paid $52 as an international member and I'm really not pleased at how this all turned out. They must be aware that the vinyl was the main draw to the vinyl package. Had I known I would have been able to get the vinyl separately, I would have saved myself $17 (apparently the value of the shirt) and just bought the digital package instead.

Honestly, the fan club doesn't really seem worth the disappointment anymore, given how they don't give advance ticketing for every show (and seeing as they haven't headlined in my part of Canada since 2010, it's kind of a moot point). Even if they're having issues coming up with exclusive things to sell during this downtime, it'd be nice if they could get creative with things, like exclusive studio updates now that they're recording or something?
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 4:22 pm

Quote :
For me, the reason for being upset is very simple: If the fan club had disclosed that the vinyl would be available for purchase by ALL club members, I (and I assume many others) would never have opted for the more expensive fan club package. That's it, plain and simple.

I couldn't have said it better myself. This is the main reason I'm not happy with this turn of events.

And it really sucks that they don't send an email warning you if your vinyl has been shipped. Any decent sized store, and even lots of smaller ones, lets you know when your order has shipped.
Back to top Go down
sinkorswimmydear
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:37 pm

you couldn't even pay with paypal. dont have a credit card. that will be cool if some nice products show up, or exclusive pre order bundles  Mad 
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 3:51 pm

It may not be perfect, but as a music fan, it's cool to have two new tracks each year (yes I realize the club only has two years of releasing a 7").
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 2:40 am

Finally got mine the other day. I think time will tell with this club. I forget this sometimes but you can't expect all the kinks to be worked out already when it's only year 2. That said, I standby my sentiments about the vinyl getting out quicker to those of us who signed up sooner. My friend who's a number before me got his the day after I did, so maybe they went in reverse order this year?
Back to top Go down
mvw
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 3:00 am

Hi. I'm in Chicago here and have not received my 7" and t-shirt yet. Has everyone already received theirs? Should I be worried yet?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 3:50 am

mvw wrote:
Hi.  I'm in Chicago here and have not received my 7" and t-shirt yet.  Has everyone already received theirs?  Should I be worried yet?

I wouldn't worry. You are definitely not the only one. They've said they had thousands of these to go out. Mix in the 7" varients and the 50% TGA websale going on - infinite merch is probably very busy. But send an email to customerservice@45rpmclub.com if you're looking for info. I know mine had a tracking number on the box when I got it. Maybe they can send you yours.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 8:01 am

mvw wrote:
Hi.  I'm in Chicago here and have not received my 7" and t-shirt yet.  Has everyone already received theirs?  Should I be worried yet?
I haven't received mine in Georgia. I know two people in NC that just received theirs last week. I don't think you should be worried. It's hard not to wonder where it is though!
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 2:29 am

Got mine here in NJ last week.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 9:58 am

Bobul wrote:
Got mine here in NJ last week.
Back to top Go down
jm596353
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 5:18 pm

has anyone else still not received theirs yet?
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 5:33 pm

I haven't
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Nothing here yet either. I also emailed about the other colors that I ordered and have heard nothing back from them.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 7:46 am

Finally received mine this week. & inch and t shirt. No download code though...
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
jm596353
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 10:27 pm

the management of this fan club is pathetic. i just received two emails from them......

the first, telling me mine hadn't shipped yet.

the second, telling me mine shipped at the beginning of april to my old address. but, in march I CONFIRMED WITH "CUSTOMER SERVICE" THAT I MOVED TO A NEW ADDRESS. i have an email from them confirming my new address! what the hell. whoever running this club has to be replaced with someone who knows what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 12:08 am

I've been supportive of the fanclub since day one, but am getting a bit discouraged with the fact that I, and others, still haven't received their package. If they offered tickets that required mailing rather than will call, I would be hesitant about ordering for fear that I wouldn't receive them in time.
Back to top Go down
jm596353
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 12:33 am

i wonder if they'll even try to send me a new package to my actual address (which is the address that they confirmed as being my address). i sent them an email explaining all of that but given events lately, i'll feel lucky just to get a response.

it's absurd. i joined this club on the first day...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 4:11 am

matkins wrote:
I've been supportive of the fanclub since day one, but am getting a bit discouraged with the fact that I, and others, still haven't received their package. If they offered tickets that required mailing rather than will call, I would be hesitant about ordering for fear that I wouldn't receive them in time.

I've ordered tickets through the presales a few times and one time they came seriously close to the date of the show. I think it was about 5 days before. Most of the time when you order tickets from anywhere, they send them a good month or more ahead of time. There's nothing scarier! Especially when it's a sold out show so you can't even just buy another one at the door.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 5:12 pm

has anybody had the year 2 different varients shipped yet , my order still un fulfilled and they wont answer e mails ??????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:39 am

brucesboots wrote:
has anybody had the year 2 different varients shipped yet , my order still un fulfilled and they wont answer e mails ??????

I'm in the same boat as you. They haven't responded. I don't have the fan club 7" either.
Back to top Go down
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 4:53 pm

7 weeks now since I've ordered the other three variants if the fan club 7". No response from two emails sent inquiring about the order.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Same here. No response to emails and I still don't have my fan club or the other 7" singles. I need to stop feeling hopeful when I go to my mailbox everyday.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Any word on the blue/green/clear version of this year's single? It's been two months since they went up in the store but I haven't seen any updates or heard of anyone receiving it yet.
Back to top Go down
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 11:49 am

Monday was 2 months and I still don't have the singles or a response to two emails I sent asking about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan Club 7" (Year 2)   Fan Club 7" (Year 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fan Club 7" (Year 2)
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next