DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)

Go down 
+73
cms35
Jersey-Chris
jdc
macci
azlisa
miked331
bootime
Hasler09
jm596353
The_River
DeathoftheCool
eagles1139
ozfacter
HolyBreakOfDay
matkins
BereasaTGA
visible_karma
Leeney
HeroOfVirtue
rotmitweißenpunkten
TGAforLIFE
encobel
White Man In Hammersmith
Down by the Mersey
The Cool
Commander Vimes
jensomniac
Hanswurst
Aron515
Sabbi
bt211
33RPMHero
cdala
Harbortown
'49mercury
sinkorswimmydear
_rebekka_
Bobul
redheadchick
Jerseyrain
steady now steady now
saraM87
onbackstreetsinbackseats
rumham
brucesboots
enola
FrankieG
njguy99
moonlight
Joe Thumb
cmigs
Klown
Debonair
prettyontheinsidex
SirBrad
pjk
A_Regular
bringiton_ty
TGAFAN25
jonester
bringiton
gaslightfan89
Novella
CapedAvenger
scarsrsouvenirs
Shrewsbury_Stars
smetz224
Rizz
lol_paul_ledoux
ashleybb
NeverTrustAJunkie
ral
StitchesOnTheRadio
77 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:05 pm

At the rate their going, tickets won't be an issue anymore...

Last edited by prettyontheinsidex on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:07 pm

enola wrote:
Well honestly did anyone of you believe they can even finance the fanclub package with only $25? Only the shipping costs probably more and they also have to produce the vinyl and the shirt. And pay the people who handle the fanclub, or El Jefe who did the Vinyl design etc. etc.

So $40 is way more realistic for what they offer.

Shirts cost next to nothing to print at that quanitity. 7" records are routinely sold for $3.99 to $4.99 at a profit. Wasn't I also supposed to get an official fan club forum or something too? To be this sloppy AND THEN almost double the price is fucking insaaaaaaaane.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:07 pm

prettyontheinsidex wrote:
Terrible timing. I laughed to myself. I want to be more optimistic. This feels like the end of the world to me. forget your broken heart Brian, you have broken MY heart...

Lol, well THAT'S a little overkill.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Was anyone else's club 7" creased and folded on the corners? The packaging was so shitty.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:13 pm

I vaguely recall Brian saying early on that the band lost money while creating the fan club... Who knows if its even true, but just something to consider for why they raised the price.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:16 pm

email text

Quote :

Hello 45 RPM Fan Club Members,

Fan Club Renewal Information and Club Revisions:
The Gaslight Anthem would like to thank you for your participation in the 45 RPM Club.   The initial year hasn't been without its flaws and we acknowledge that.   You're receiving this email specifically because you have either received or will receive in the next few days our annual record and we had to close out our commitment to deliver this before respectfully asking for your club membership renewal.  And you are also receiving this because your annual subscription is about to expire or has expired but you are entitled to a sixty-day grace period to renew your membership.  

The team at Infinite Merch, The Gaslight Anthem and Gaslight's management have collaborated on the development of a more efficient and effective way to provide fan club services.   The new structure includes two separate offerings; a digital package and a vinyl package.   Both packages include fan club pre-sale access to purchase tickets to The Gaslight Anthem's shows at participating venues.   The digital package includes two exclusive annual MP3 tracks, which will be the same tracks found on the annual 7" record.   The digital package also includes exclusive fan club product offerings in the web store.   All communications for the digital package will be conducted through email.   The vinyl package includes the exclusive annual 7" record and a men's or women's fan club T-shirt.   We're including a higher quality colored ringspun cotton T-shirt in the vinyl package (pictured in the on-line store).    Our international members will have to pay an additional $12USD for the vinyl package, which has been separated into its own product offering.  The additional fee covers all international shipping costs.  So if you live in the US, please do not choose the higher dollar option.   The remaining club details and terms of the club are found in the membership renewal product pages.   One important detail about the vinyl package is the mailing of the hard goods.  Both the T-shirt and record delivery will occur at the same time, which is targeted to ship to all members in January 2014.  

Renewing members will retain their existing membership numbers and will not lose their seniority in the club.

Year 2 shirt is alot nicer

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Photo_11

Last edited by Debonair on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:16 pm

greasylake wrote:
I vaguely recall Brian saying early on that the band lost money while creating the fan club... Who knows if its even true, but just something to consider for why they raised the price.

He did and Big Alex said that too if I remember it right.

And well nobody is forced to renew their membership. It's the buyers decision - that's how the market works....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:19 pm

It's just really bad timing. I like the exclusivity of it but $40 is steep. I could do without a t shirt every year. I just want to be at the shows and the vinyl would be nice. I'm gonna have to think this one through.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:21 pm

I renewed. low number and all. Idk any way i can support the guys I will. It sounds like year 2 will not be as big of a problem, but i suppose we shall see.

so from the email it sound like the 60 day grace period starts now?

if not, and it already is ticking, for first day sign ups (june 21st) you have 21 days left...

Last edited by Debonair on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:22 pm

enola wrote:
Well honestly did anyone of you believe they can even finance the fanclub package with only $25? Only the shipping costs probably more and they also have to produce the vinyl and the shirt. And pay the people who handle the fanclub, or El Jefe who did the Vinyl design etc. etc.

I agree. I was already thinking last year that they can't cover all the costs, especially for international delivery, with those 25$. So I think it is ok that they increased the price.

But, they should start offering what they were promising in the beginning like a fc message board, soundchecks, meet and greets, tickets to special events. The US fan club members did get stuff like Letterman but I think there could have been more and they could have offered stuff like that to European members as well. There were a lot of radio performances, in stores etc. The fan club needs to be more attractive so that people want to join and want to renew.

Don't get me wrong, I think the fan club is a great idea. I just think they can make more of it then they did in the first year.
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Ok, i havent received the email yet, but i went onto infinite merch and cant find the link...

$40 is worth it for the vinyl/tshirt/shipping costs, imo.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:25 pm

FrankieG wrote:
Ok, i havent received the email yet, but i went onto infinite merch and cant find the link...

the links are being hidden for the first two weeks so the renewing members have a chance to sign back up.
Back to top Go down
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:04 pm

$40 bucks is NOT worth it for a 7" and a tee shirt. But I believe in second chances and if it tanks again this time around, I'm out.
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:09 pm

Debonair wrote:
FrankieG wrote:

the links are being hidden for the first two weeks so the renewing members have a chance to sign back up.

I am a renewing member. So I need to wait for the email?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:18 pm

FrankieG wrote:
Debonair wrote:
FrankieG wrote:

Yeah, what date did you sign up? Maybe people who accounts aren't expired (or expiring soon) didn't get the email?

I found mine (gmail) in some "promotions" folder. Check all folders?

Did everyone get this? (Asking people who maybe signed up in the fall/winter time)
Back to top Go down
sinkorswimmydear
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:37 pm

i didn't get the mail yet (but i wont panic, maybe tomorrow or later) signed up first day, neither got i the 7" ... is it official that there were 2500 pressed ?

to the 40 usd, think it is not a little, but i ll give it a second year. shirt looks better than the first, hope i could change the size...haha
i ordered two posters via the fanclub so it was okay for me. i think the presale option for tickets doesnt make any sense. i would also appreciate maybe meet and greets. but most important for me is the vinyl !
Back to top Go down
'49mercury
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
'49mercury

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:46 pm

i just got that email about the renewing options, and i will renew, i just am trying to decide which package since i want the vinyl but I do most of my music listening through mp3.

I wonder if people that choose the mp3 route will have the option of buying a vinyl copy..hmmmm
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Debonair wrote:
email text

Year 2 shirt is alot nicer

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Photo_11
Is...is that a sperm?
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:45 pm

Okay after reading Brian's message I'm all in for renewal and will continue supporting this band.

That takes something special.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:03 pm

Debonair wrote:
FrankieG wrote:
Debonair wrote:
FrankieG wrote:

Yeah, what date did you sign up? Maybe people who accounts aren't expired (or expiring soon) didn't get the email?

I found mine (gmail) in some "promotions" folder. Check all folders?

Did everyone get this? (Asking people who maybe signed up in the fall/winter time)

I signed up August 8th ish ?
I just received the fanclub vinyl today. I have some time to renew so Im sure it sill come.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:07 pm

I plan to stick with the Vinyl version. Yeah, it's not cheap - but $40 a year is also not that expensive. And the t-shirt looks much better.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:20 pm

I don't think they're in any way in a decline in terms of sales. They just sold about 10,000 tickets over two days in NY, and they sold out three T5 shows over 3 days last year, also 10,000 tix.

I understand the calculus may be different for people not living in the NY/NJ area, but the fan club paid for itself with the Letterman show and the Every Word Handwritten premiere. That plus the vinyl was a good deal.

I re-upped for the vinyl and I think there'll be something special in the winter or spring that pays it off again. But if I lived in St. Louis... not sure how I'd feel.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:11 pm

I signed up for the fan club early july, so I'm not sure why I still haven't gotten the renewal email hmmm I hope the vinyl comes soon though.

ETA: I do agree that overseas members don't have that many benefits, just the access to ticket pre-sale. They do their fair share of in-stores and stuff like that when they are in Europe, but nothing through the fan club, which is a shame I think.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:20 pm

FrankieG wrote:

tshirts are 15 and 7"s are 4. That is not worth it. You're just a deluded fan with rose colored glasses.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:21 pm

_rebekka_ wrote:
enola wrote:

I agree. I was already thinking last year that they can't cover all the costs, especially for international delivery, with those 25$. So I think it is ok that they increased the price.

But, they should start offering what they were promising in the beginning like a fc message board, soundchecks, meet and greets, tickets to special events. The US fan club members did get stuff like Letterman but I think there could have been more and they could have offered stuff like that to European members as well. There were a lot of radio performances, in stores etc. The fan club needs to be more attractive so that people want to join and want to renew.

Don't get me wrong, I think the fan club is a great idea. I just think they can make more of it then they did in the first year.

For anyone outside the US the fan club is $54 this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next